It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the term "White Nationalist."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Stevenjames15

But actual white supremacists, aka NAZIS were german.

Were the KKK not white supremacists?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Well since they and the copperheads were created by the same people that are today running around calling anyone that disagrees with them white nationalist/supremacists in one breathe and trying to legitimize another RACIST organization(BLM) like the other two they created.

I think the answer is self evident.
edit on 16-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So, if I read you correctly, as I call myself a citizen of earth, I am a hyper nationalist ( even though I disagree with very concept of nations) and fascist? Sincerely curious, as I like to believe there's not a fascist bone in my body. This is why I keep harping on others that words have meaning. Change the meaning ( as is the wont of YEC's, about 70% of the religionists I run into and 45* supporters, in general, although there are exceptions) and you lose all hope of being clearly understood. I fear we both have entirely differing views of what the word nationalism means.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Well since they and the copperheads were created by the same people that are today running around calling anyone that disagrees with them white nationalist/supremacists in one breathe and trying to legitimize another RACIST organization(BLM) like the other two they created.

I think the answer is self evident.

Lol.

You'll never admit that the legacy of the Dixiecrats belongs to southern republicans now, will you; the the parties have swapped roles?

Can't have an honest discussion if you're always twisting the truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

So, if I read you correctly, as I call myself a citizen of earth, I am a hyper nationalist ( even though I disagree with very concept of nations) and fascist?

Yep.

noun 1. a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own:

www.dictionary.com...

For those that don't know what a territory means.,

5. a field or sphere of action, thought, etc.; domain or province of something.

www.dictionary.com...

Those that seek total dominion over the planet, and it's resources ?

HYPER NATIONALISTS.

Basically because someone told them it was their 'birthright'.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

You'll never admit that the legacy of the Dixiecrats belongs to southern republicans now, will you; the the parties have swapped roles?

Why would I admit a bold face LIE ?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The Klan was a political tool which used the feelings of disenfranchisement, oppression, and poverty rural southern whites were experiencing to rally the troops so to speak. These rallies were attempts to block Republican candidates from winning elections in southern states. The Republican candidates being portrayed as outsiders and, in reality, being painted as the reason for southern disenfranchisement and poverty among rural whites. In other words, swap party names and races and the KKK was historically no different from ANTIFA and Black Lives Matter... as all groups preyed off of the disenfranchisement of whichever group they needed votes from.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Why would I admit a bold face LIE ?

What are you trying to say?

I see all these people talking about that flag not representing racism. Seems to me that image would run counter to your point.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

the the parties have swapped roles?

I am saying is they never swapped roles.

If you people are stupid enough to believe that I don't know what to say.

I guess that's how the lefts deals with their own history.

They just transfer it on to someone else.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Nationalism definition, number 3 : 3.
excessive patriotism; chauvinism.

I am by no means fascist. I do not consider nations to be a necessarily good thing. I would rather be called out for the bastard I am rather than a fiction,a s this is.

A question ; what is so wrong with preferring to be thought of as human rather by jingoistic, nationalistic bounds?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
In either case, "white" does not belong in front of nationalist, it sends the wrong message.

Unless they are nationalists that are white and believe in maintaining their white heritage.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

In either case, "white" does not belong in front of nationalist, it sends the wrong message.

Unless they are nationalists that are white and believe in maintaining their white heritage.

What's wrong with that? Why is every other heritage acceptable to maintain, yet for whites it isn't?

It's people like you who are actually creating more of your so called boogie men under the bed, Nazi's, whether you realize it or not?

Anyways, enjoy the fruits of your labor.

edit on 16-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

A question ; what is so wrong with preferring to be thought of as human rather by jingoistic, nationalistic bounds?

What's so wrong with someone showing pride in their 'nation' ?

As long as you get to do what you want right screw what OTHERS want.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Just keep it in your own bedroom...right

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: redtic

What's wrong with that? Why is every other heritage acceptable to maintain, yet for whites it isn't?

Everything.

God forbid 'nazi's' get the same treatment as GAY PRIDE parades.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No, you misread me. I never said screw others. I guess my biggest question is what sort of pride is there is where the accident of birth places you? Is being American really so much better than being British, French or Japanese? It isn't an accomplish I have done on my own merit, rather a mere accident of conception. I feel it is akin to being proud one has brown eyes, or feeling a sense of pride at have a nose.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: seeker1963

Just keep it in your own bedroom...right

We aren't talking about sex are we though?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Only in America could we be the world's largest so-called "melting pot" and consider national pride and the feeling that America is the greatest nation to be signs of "white supremecy." God, I love my country but I absolutely hate a lot of the people occupying it. We need a world war and a draft, desperately.

No one that I saw said that pride in America...or even Nationalism in general are signs of "white supremacy".

Now, White Nationalism...is a sign of white supremacy.

The OP is mad that the term White Nationalism is being used by the media...but it is the correct term to use.

My opinion that any type of Nationalism is bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We are the greatest nation in the world

I stand by my quote...see my signature.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I honestly don't know who originally coined this term, whether an alt right group called themselves that, or whether the left put a label on patriotic white people. Does anyone know?

Let's be clear about nationalism in the U.S. this day and age. It has absolutely nothing to do with race or 1930s nazi bs. It's someone who supports the concept of a nation, and supports certain elements to make that possible, such as borders and infrastructure etc.

In today's political climate, very minor things such as waving a flag or saying the pledge of allegiance has become deplorable to some. A nationalist is someone who loves their country, while there are a growing number of people in America who increasingly hate America and it's traditional values.

I am worried about our nation. Putting "white" in front of nationalism was a bad idea. Right now, this is how the media is spinning conservatives and nationalism is being politicized into a racist connotation.

These are frustrating times. I honestly hope people can figure out a way to get past all this. The biggest problem however, is that one side gets the glory in the media, while the other gets silenced and pushed into a corner and labled all kinds of evil things. This cannot possibly lead to good things. Let's just hope that miracles really do happen. Otherwise I genuinely feel that we in the U.S. are screwed.

"White Nationalist" is a phrase created by the "white Nationalists" themselves as a more PC way to describe what they really are. White Nationalists believe that since this country was founded by people with white skin, they should remain the populations majority, and have full control of government and power, and they view immigrants with colored skin a threat to their race and Nation. They fear they will be a minority soon and that they will lose all their power.

^Thats really what it is.

As you can see, they are crazy, its just another name they created for "white Supremacists"... but the "Supremacist" in the title has a direct negative connotation so they felt "Nationalists" would give them an air of Patriotism and help them recruit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join