It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the term "White Nationalist."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm talking about nationalism which has nothing to do with race

It truly doesn't.

It's kind of funny if one thinks about it.

This country has existed for only a very short span.

People existed long before this country.

And country is nationalism.

Then there is that animal hyper nationalism with the climate change crap and citizens of the planet.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Blood and soil. That's what the marching Nazis where shouting in Charlottesville. They are the white nationalists. By shouting blood and soil, they're affirming their belief in an ethically pure state being their birthright.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'm talking about nationalism which has nothing to do with race

It truly doesn't.

It's kind of funny if one thinks about it.

This country has existed for only a very short span.

People existed long before this country.

And country is nationalism.

Then there is that animal hyper nationalism with the climate change crap and citizens of the planet.

Um..how in the actual nonexistent Hades is climate change and citizens of the planet nationalism??? A bit like saying Pepsi is alcoholic. And I prefer to think of myself as a citizen of earth, rather than taking foolish pride in arbitrary lines on some warmonger's map.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: kruphix

Bullcrap. Nationalism has nothing to do with any sort of inferiority complex. It's pretty simple really, I have ancestors who fought and died on American soil both for and against the United States. Generations of my family have paid the taxes that built this country and they were among the Americans who had the set of balls to head westward and expand and defend the country. Inferiority? That's real cute considering I can find just as many folks who would claim American Nationalists suffer from arrogance and hubris, both the polar opposite of inferiority complexes.

You can be proud of your ancestors...that's different than being proud of your Nation.

I'm proud of my family, I'm proud of my accomplishments, I'm proud of many things in my personal life. It's easy to see what the quote means, which was said in the 1800s and is still relevant today. Look at most people in this country who are "proud of their country" or are "nationalists"...they don't have much else going for them in their life...which is exactly what this quote is talking about.

Even those in the military...it's no coincidence that heavy recruiting is usually done in poor areas of the country.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Only in America could we be the world's largest so-called "melting pot" and consider national pride and the feeling that America is the greatest nation to be signs of "white supremecy." God, I love my country but I absolutely hate a lot of the people occupying it. We need a world war and a draft, desperately.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Did you ask them for the Aryan certificate ?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am right there with you.

I am disgusted by it all, and just a few minutes ago wishing that American politics would go through a reformation era.

And start acting like the so called enlightened,evolved, intelligent people they purport themselves to be.
edit on 16-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

Um..how in the actual nonexistent Hades is climate change and citizens of the planet nationalism???

So tell me how a few controlling the air,land,water isn't totalitarian or authoritarian.

in other words FASCIST.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

AMERICAN nationalists (Constitutionalists)are QUITE proud that thank you.

AND we are the only world power as well as PRIMARY cultural leader based on treasure exposure and strength.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Like Colbert said, the Nazis are great with paperwork.
edit on 16-8-2017 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

en.wikipedia.org...

Like Colbert said, the Nazis are great with paperwork.

Like a 2000 page healthcare bill ?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

AMERICAN nationalists (Constitutionalists)are QUITE proud that thank you.

AND we are the only world power as well as PRIMARY cultural leader based on treasure exposure and strength.

I have a feeling you're about to see the limits of "treasure exposure" tested.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: neo96

Only in America could we be the world's largest so-called "melting pot" and consider national pride and the feeling that America is the greatest nation to be signs of "white supremecy." God, I love my country but I absolutely hate a lot of the people occupying it. We need a world war and a draft, desperately.

College students first this time! They hate this country so much, I say send them first. Then take any of the brave youth who are willing to go.

Notice past wars college students were pretty much exempt therefore the Marxist stayed home and bred, while those who loved their country went and got killed fighting for these dirtbags so that they could destroy it.

Yep, college students first this time, and start with the Liberal ones.......

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I honestly don't know who originally coined this term, whether an alt right group called themselves that, or whether the left put a label on patriotic white people. Does anyone know?

In either case, "white" does not belong in front of nationalist, it sends the wrong message.

Let's be clear about nationalism in the U.S. this day and age. It has absolutely nothing to do with race or 1930s nazi bs. It's someone who supports the concept of a nation, and supports certain elements to make that possible, such as borders and infrastructure etc.

In today's political climate, very minor things such as waving a flag or saying the pledge of allegiance has become deplorable to some. A nationalist is someone who loves their country, while there are a growing number of people in America who increasingly hate America and it's traditional values.

I am worried about our nation. Putting "white" in front of nationalism was a bad idea. Right now, this is how the media is spinning conservatives and nationalism is being politicized into a racist connotation.

These are frustrating times. I honestly hope people can figure out a way to get past all this. The biggest problem however, is that one side gets the glory in the media, while the other gets silenced and pushed into a corner and labled all kinds of evil things. This cannot possibly lead to good things. Let's just hope that miracles really do happen. Otherwise I genuinely feel that we in the U.S. are screwed.

Depends on the context... "race pride" as a part of an individuals take on nationalism, DEFINITELY earns the moniker "white nationalist".

Yes... there is a double standard in this country... most race differentiated organizations may well have a "racist" component festering in their underside... ALTHOUGH, it is not unreasonable to use race in this context for those who have had great harm done to them because of their race or ethnicity.

Martin Luther King was an extraordinary man and a leader... (...and I don't give a s**t about his affairs... he was human) and he was no racist.

Folks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton made their careers on programming their fellows into victimhood.

The problem with ALL this s**t going on is at it's base decades of insincere or misplaced dialog and policy, that hurts the folks it's alleged to help... and makes an industry of making money off the backs of folks that need genuine leadership.

So far as "white" nationalists as a term or idea... you will be identified with the company you keep. If someone is dumb enough to throw in with neo-nazi's and professional racists, and don't share their same ignorant beliefs... they shouldn't PROVE how dumb they really are by defending their poor choices.

The American polity has been so manipulated and chopped up and blendered, that I fear there will be no one left who wants to actually have constructive dialog about solving our problems.

The "Russia, damnit" narrative is increasingly getting proved for the line of garbage it actually is. Trump trying to nuance blame for those on the left who incite violence, is a real loser narrative.

Sometimes I wonder if he doesn't realize how TPTB actually works.

God help our nation... if the Elites manage to remove Trump... it will be very dark days and possibly a bloody civil war.
edit on 16-8-2017 by dasman888 because: gerbil zombies

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Civic-nationalism

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Let's discuss the term "White Nationalist."

Macrocosm: White Establishment

Microcosm: White Supremacist 'groups'

Ones in charge, the other isn't.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Um..how in the actual nonexistent Hades is climate change and citizens of the planet nationalism???

So tell me how a few controlling the air,land,water isn't totalitarian or authoritarian.

in other words FASCIST.

First off, you might want to explain how one ( Climate change, which has been scientifically proven and is easily observable) is a direct link to the other. Explain how calling for cleaner energy, efforts to reduce the damage pollution has already done to our planet and putting and end to our idiotic dependency on fossil fuels is "fascist". Explain how calling oneself a citizen of earth, rather than American, British or Russian, is not only fascist but nationalistic, which is the direct opposite of nationalism ( the belief one's country is superior to all others).

Tell me how a call for better energy, less pollution and healing our ravaged world is somehow putting resources in the hands of the few? They are already in the controlling hands of the few, that's part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No, no you're delving into that "cling to their God and their guns" bullsnip that self important elitists spout while looking down their noses at blue collar America. It's a culture thing. Many parts of this country slap USA flags on their trucks, wear USA flag shirts, drink PBR, watch pro wrestling while cheering Hulk Hogan and booing the Iron Sheik, only care about the Olympics in so much as to see how many more medals the US won versus the commies or Canucks, and stand with their camo caps over their hearts while the anthem is playing before the weekend NASCAR race. It's a culture thing which just so happens to be more prevalent in rural caucasian America. We don't care about the rest of the globe because we were raised in an atmosphere of "If it isn't red, white, and blue, hey man, go screw you!"

This "OMG, they're white nationalists" horsecrap is a flailing attack against issues America's more urban (and urbane) citizens not only don't understand, but lack the perspective to begin to understand. It isn't just pride in accomplishments, it's pride in the *why* as much as the *who* and the *how*. We entered a wild, savage land and became the single most destructive and overpowering force in the history of the world, settling this massive nation. Why? Because we saw something we wanted and we took it. I'm proud of why we did it as much as I'm proud of how we did it. We fought a war against ourselves which has, to this day, demonstrated that nobody can kick America's ass except for America, herself. I'm proud of why we fought on both sides of the coin, my southern ancestors for state's rights and my northern ancestors for preservation of lands already conquered. We dropped two goddamned atomic bombs on Japan 80 years ago and I'm PROUD of why we did it. We flexed, the world shivered. I'm proud of why we entered Iraq and slapped the taste of piss out of Saddam Huesen's mouth, leading to him looking like Ron Jeremy in shackles immediately prior to swinging from the neck until he was dead. I'm proud of why this country elected Donald Trump, to recapture some of the long list of things we've collectively lost as Americans, not the least of which is our wheelbarrow containing the big set of brass balls we had in the eyes of the globe not that long ago.

Why do I see American nationalism as a great thing? Because I'm an American and the rest of the world isn't on our level. We're over here cracking walnuts with our bare hands and playing Roshambo for giggles while the rest of the world is playing make believe afternoon tea and trying new doily patterns. We are the greatest nation in the world, and to stay that way we need to make sure that this country is majority populated by people who feel the same. That's why this isn't in any way a race issue, BUT regardless of your race, if you don't believe in an America that is truly unequal to the world and frankly belongs with our boot on the world's throat, then there's the door, GTFO.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Who isn't?
Better hope we pull it off.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Tell me how a call for better energy, less pollution and healing our ravaged world is somehow putting resources in the hands of the few? They are already in the controlling hands of the few, that's part of the problem.

The problem is how they have accomplished it.

Expanding the size and power of the state to unprecedented levels.

For decades there have been mechanism's in place.

The HYPER NATIONALIST's (anyone that claims to be a earth citizen) is one. Have been running around whining about fascists/nationalists when those people are infinitely worse than what they whine about.

And they're not done. They want more power.

Absolute total control.Creating the planet industrial complex merging the STATE and corporate power( Alternative energy subsidies) while trying to destroy entire industries in the process. Putting people out of work and CREATING disenfranchised people that some do turn to an extremely ideology( no choice has been left).

Feel free to ignore the elephant in the room.

But those that are going around calling someone a white nationalist/supremacist amounts to nothing more than the pot calling the kettle.
edit on 16-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join