It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: lostbook

Because Trump's operating on facts.

Fact. Paid provocateurs were sent into Charlotte, NC.

Proof.
Why Was This 'Crowd Hire' Company Recruiting $25 An Hour 'Political Activists' In Charlotte Last Week?

Fact: Charlotte, NC isn't Charlottesville, VA.

They're about 300 miles away from each other. Not exactly the Charlotte area. Do any of you even question what you read?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No, they don't, they are the first to yell fake news and think they are above it but repeat like mindless sheep propaganda if it fits their narrative

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Proof.
Why Was This 'Crowd Hire' Company Recruiting $25 An Hour 'Political Activists' In Charlotte Last Week?

As mentioned, it's Charlottesville, VA that had the recent protest and uncalled for death.

It's pretty much been debunked- see here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
You are confusing Trump with the Pope.

The Roman Catholic Church took part in maneuvering Hitler (a Roman Catholic) and the Nazis (mostly Roman Catholic and Lutheran as well as fans and teachers of Darwin's evolutionary philosophies) into power. The main difference between Trump and the Pope is that one is primarily a political tool of Satan and the other is primarily a religious tool of Satan. But hey, Satan doesn't exist anyway right? Who needs to look into that? Let's just blissfully ignorantly pick one of the hundreds of sides, movements, ideologies and ways of thinking that Satan provides to play his divide and conquer game, or his apathy game once people get tired of picking the lesser of many evils (as in what they perceive as a lesser evil).

Has Christianity Failed? Awake!—2007

The Bible’s Viewpoint

Has Christianity Failed?

ABOUT a third of the earth’s population claim to be Christian. Yet, the world seems more politically divided and more violent than ever before. Does this mean that Christianity as Jesus taught it is somehow flawed? Or, rather, does the flaw exist in the way many people apply Christ’s teachings?

This article will examine what Christ actually taught and the example he set for his followers. It will also consider a common view among professed Christians, one that is actually in conflict with the true meaning of Christianity.

A Distorted Form of Christianity

Hundreds of years after Christ’s death, a distorted form of Christianity was made a favored religion in the Roman Empire. No longer unwelcome outsiders, members of this group of professed Christians soon found themselves at the center of the political and social mainstream of Roman society. Church leaders, such as Augustine, reacted to this change by teaching that the awaited Kingdom of God had now arrived. Such leaders taught that their newly acquired political and religious influence was the means of bringing about the will of God on earth. Thus the value of human effort in directing earth’s affairs was emphasized.

As a result, many have come to believe that a Christian has a role to play in the political fabric of society. To do that, most believe, a Christian must at times subordinate certain aspects of his beliefs to the will of the society in which he lives. For example, many people pay lip service to Christ’s teachings of love and peace, while at the same time supporting vicious wars [whereislogic: or violent protests]. For the same reason, churches may encourage their followers to pray for the Kingdom of God but at the same time lend support to rulers who act oppressively.

This counterfeit form of Christianity is not the religion that Jesus established. Rather, it is a man-made version and is practiced by most professed Christians today. This version of Christianity has indeed failed, as evidenced by the widespread disregard for Bible principles in all of Christendom today.

What Did Jesus Actually Teach?

It may come as a surprise to some that Jesus actually said that his followers should be “no part of the world, just as [he was] no part of the world.” (John 17:15, 16) Why would Christ encourage his disciples to take such a stand? Jesus’ beloved disciple the apostle John provided an answer. He wrote: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”—1 John 5:19.

Hence, Christ’s teachings direct people, not to human entities, but to the heavenly Kingdom of God as the agency that will create a just and righteous world here on earth. (Matthew 6:10) Jesus himself did not show the slightest inclination to interfere with the social structure of his day. He rejected political office outright. (John 6:15) He also rejected violence as a way of settling disputes. (Matthew 26:50-53; John 18:36) Jesus left behind no constitution or canon of civil laws. He took no political stand on the issues of his day. For instance, he did not become an activist for the rights of slaves, nor did he involve himself in the struggle of the Jewish people against Rome.

This does not mean, however, that Jesus was unconcerned about people and their problems. Jesus taught a great deal about an individual’s responsibility toward his fellow man. He encouraged honesty in the payment of taxes and stressed the need to be submissive to those in legitimate positions of authority. (Matthew 22:17-21) He taught how to show an active interest in the welfare of those in need. He also taught how to show respect for the dignity of others and how to be empathetic, forgiving, and merciful. (Matthew, chapters 5-7) It is a well-known fact that the focus of Christ’s teachings is love of God and of neighbor.—Mark 12:30, 31.

Song 70 Make Sure of the More Important Things vocals

“I No Longer Feel That I Have to Change the World” - THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES

When I was a child, I wanted to hug every cat and dog I saw! As I grew up, I became disturbed by the way people often abuse animals. In time, I joined an animal-rights organization, where I met other like-minded people.

We actively campaigned for animal rights. We distributed information and arranged protest marches and demonstrations against fur shops and animal-testing laboratories. We even formed a new animal-protection organization. Because we took radical measures to try to further our cause, we were often in trouble with the authorities. I was arrested and taken to court several times.

In addition to my concern for animals, I was troubled by other problems around the world. Eventually, I became involved with a number of organizations, including Amnesty International and Greenpeace. I focused all my energy on supporting their activities. I advocated on behalf of the poor, the starving, and other less fortunate people.

I gradually realized, however, that I could not change the world. Even though those organizations managed to get a few small problems corrected, the big problems only seemed to get worse. It was as if the forces of evil had swallowed up the whole world and nobody cared about anything. I felt powerless.
As an activist, I used to divide people sharply into two groups—either good or bad—and I was ready to act against those whom I considered bad. But thanks to the Bible, I no longer feel strong hatred for others. Rather, I try to cultivate Christian love for all people. (Matthew 5:44) Among other ways, I show this love by sharing the good news of God’s Kingdom. I’m glad to see how this benevolent work promotes peace and happiness and gives people real hope.

edit on 17-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: underwerks

No, they don't, they are the first to yell fake news and think they are above it but repeat like mindless sheep propaganda if it fits their narrative

They're not the only ones (except for the "fake news" phrase). See my previous comment, especially the last article.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Proof.

As mentioned, it's Charlottesville, VA that had the recent protest and uncalled for death.

It's pretty much been debunked- see here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not been debunked. In fact the ad is all over the web. Case closed. Outside influence agent provacateurs.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Why can't he just admit being wrong instead of just shifting blame?

I know, right?!

I wonder where he learned that, (cough) obama (cough)

Just kidding, Trump didn't shift any blame coz he wasn't wrong.

When people stop talking, inevitably, unfortunately and predictably violence escalates. Virginia Gov. Terry McAullife declared a state of emergency leading to riot police shutting down the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. The violence escalated from there with many being pepper sprayed, hit with rocks, physically assaulted and most shockingly - event attendee James Alex Fields, Jr. drove a vehicle into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing at least one person and leaving countless more injured.

26 mins.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: icanteven
a reply to: xuenchen

Equivocation is back. That didn't take long.

And, he furthers the notion of such a thing as a benevolent Nazi. Some of them are good people, don't you see? The president says so.
Don't you flakes realize that Trump wasn't referring to the Nazis but regular folks who were there just to protest taking down the statues??? Of course you do...

A white nationalist philosophy is not compatible with a pluralistic, civilized society. It must be rhetorically attacked, pulling the ideas root and branch from the swamp in which they grow.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And, he furthers the notion of such a thing as a benevolent Nazi. Some of them are good people, don't you see? The president says so.
Don't you flakes realize that Trump wasn't referring to the Nazis but regular folks who were there just to protest taking down the statues??? Of course you do...

A white nationalist philosophy is not compatible with a pluralistic, civilized society. It must be rhetorically attacked, pulling the ideas root and branch from the swamp in which they grow.

I Blame IDENTITY POLITICS We keep seeing groups form separating themselves by race creed it color. We have blacks actually pushing for segregation. You know MLK would spin in his grave. We have people who separate by politics making the other side evil. And you don't think this opens the door for white racists and black racists and Hispanic racists. As far as Nazis please there is far to many communists in this country for fascists to grow.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I Blame IDENTITY POLITICS We keep seeing groups form separating themselves by race creed it color. We have blacks actually pushing for segregation. You know MLK would spin in his grave. We have people who separate by politics making the other side evil. And you don't think this opens the door for white racists and black racists and Hispanic racists. As far as Nazis please there is far to many communists in this country for fascists to grow.

My position is that it doesn't matter if it's identity politics or some other thing. I'm discussing this topic: white supremacy in America and Trump's radical idea that there are somehow good or benevolent white nationalists. It is happening now, and lives outside of the realm of theory.

That's why it's an existential threat or question.

There are the times that try men's souls, wrote Thomas Paine. We are at one of those inflection points when decisions we make define who we are as individuals and as a country. The decision I make for myself is to speak against white nationalism. One of its central tenants, the idea of blood and soil which is the idea that whites have some kind of birthright to an ethnically pure state, is not compatible with the United States ideal. We are called to form a more perfect union. Perfecting our union leaves no place for the idea of blood and soil to take hold.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Not only that, but even before America became "America" it was multiethnic, true the ruling class was made up of European descendants, but much of that blood and I'll add sweat and tears heavily mixed into the soil is made up of African descendant folks, first nation folks, and folks who came from various parts of Asia, but off course these self entitled pricks read only books that reinforced their beliefs.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: icanteven

Not only that, but even before America became "America" it was multiethnic, true the ruling class was made up of European descendants, but much of that blood and I'll add sweat and tears heavily mixed into the soil is made up of African descendant folks, first nation folks, and folks who came from various parts of Asia, but off course these self entitled pricks read only books that reinforced their beliefs.

Nothing says "Black Nationalist" like referring to whites as "self entitled pricks".

What is your opinion on reparations, it must be fascinating?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You left out your classic terms "Bourgeois" and "proletariat"...Tovirtscht.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Reparations???.waste of time IMO..and messy to implement, those calling for it need to go on to some thing more useful.
One more thing White ppl and White supramacist are two different things.
We were talking about white supramacist weren't we??.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I'm discussing this topic: white supremacy in America and Trump's radical idea that there are somehow good or benevolent white nationalists. It is happening now, and lives outside of the realm of theory.

Quote me where Trump says that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's the parrot point.

Keep repeating it till it exists. Magic quotes!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If President Obama had told the truth, like Trump did, he'd be hailed as a wise, astute President.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Reparations???.waste of time IMO..and messy to implement, those calling for it need to go on to some thing more useful.
One more thing White ppl and White supramacist are two different things.
We were talking about white supramacist weren't we??.

Were you?

You stated,

the ruling class was made up of European descendants

then stated in the same post,

off course these self entitled pricks

Seemed clear to me who you were referring to as it was all neatly packaged in the same paragraph.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I honestly took it as him meaning white supremacists.

Hence him saying only read books.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I honestly took it as him meaning white supremacists.

Hence him saying only read books.

So nobody could read back then, especially self entitled pricks of the ruling class? Pretty sure they were among some of the avid readers alive back then.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join