It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire solar system is heating up! Scientists blame solar warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Better tax Sol.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is another theory I read about a few years ago, but it had to do with the seeming 'mutation clock' that was observed in biological life evolution. It appears that explosions of new life forms in the geological record pop up at regular intervals, as if by a timer or clock that was controlling logarithmic propagation of new life forms.

Proponents of that theory suggested that instead of the solar system orbiting the galactic center in a flat plane, we are instead orbiting in a sine wave pattern that results in occasionally breaking the median plane of the galactic arm. This median plane would have the highest concentration of gas, debris, stars and radiation. This would thereby increase the amount of radiation hitting the Earth and lifeforms living on it at the time.

So put all that together, a biosphere being hit with mutagenic radiation and a geosphere undergoing an infusion of climate-altering radiant energy and you have a recipe for nature trying out new solutions to environmental challenges. Then we move out of the plane and things calm down for a while and life sorts itself out again.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: eNumbra
So, question. Should we:

A: ignore it because we didn't cause it after all and go on living our lives?

B: take a serious scientific look at what could happen because of it and what if anything we can do about it?

Rather than continue to berate and mock eachother over the moot point of what the actual cause is of what most people agree is in fact happening.

I'd rather we let our technology advance without hampering the energy sector (ANY sector) so that we have a robust manufacturing base to deal with whatever the universe throws at us.

But that's me. I'm not waging a war on technology, like the AGW zealots appear to be.

Even though renewables are clearly being suppressed by the lobbying efforts of the gas and oil industry and their flunkies?

Suppressed? Like Solyndra and other 'green energy' getting millions in actual tax-payer subsidies? Spare me.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: GetHyped

"Scientific" and "evidence" are oxymorons.

I sincerely hope that is your attempt at sarcasm.

People automatically assume that the burning of fossil fuels is the sole culprit of climate change, we have contributed by other means such as deforestation as forests store C02 and releases it after it's death. In truth we need a small sized asteroid or volcano eruptions to negate the effects of global warming.

However there will be blood, and if we continue to mow down our forests like mowing the lawn on a Sunday the planet won't have it's lungs.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Dear everyone except us,

The solution is simple - we will be lobbying all the earths governments to increase taxes on their citizens by 2%.

This will fix all the space and celestial bodies between the Sun and Pluto, please believe us, we wouldn't lie.

Yours Sincerely
The United Nations.

Just to pick up on that, in our country we have to pay for bags now because of "global warming" fantastic little money spinner, where corporations say they donate the money to charity, however it is a huge grey area as to how much and whether it is a one time donation...essentially we are being taxed for using something the company creates.

This is one Liberal agenda I disregard and wish they would be honest with us.

Though in our country it is the right who brought this stealth tax in, so just goes to show neither side of the political spectrum are being honest with the public, even profiting from it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

I also like the motels/hotels ask you to reuse towels to stop climate change. Great little money maker.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: solargeddon

I also like the motels/hotels ask you to reuse towels to stop climate change. Great little money maker.

Yeah, don't agree with that either....yuck!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Once again the OP is posting false information from non-reputable source.

The solar system is not heating up like the fossil fuel shills want you to believe.

www.newscientist.com...

The Sun’s energy output has not increased since direct measurements began in 1978 (see Climate myth special: Global warming is down to the Sun, not humans). If increased solar output really was responsible, we should be seeing warming on all the planets and their moons, not just Mars and Pluto.

More to debunk the OP:
www.skepticalscience.com...

There are three fundamental flaws in the 'other planets are warming' argument. Not all planets in the solar system are warming. The sun has shown no long term trend since 1950 and in fact has shown a slight cooling trend in recent decades. There are explanations for why other planets are warming.

edit on 13-8-2017 by jrod because: Add

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The thread is supported by many scientists. There is also a supporting story by nat geo.

I always looks forward to my fans.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The NatGeo story was from 2007. Since then several stories have debunked this. There has been some evidence that Mars and Pluto are warming, the causes are NOT solar. No evidence that the rest of solar system is heating up.

You take a story and spin it as your slam dunk argument that human activity is not warming the planet, while ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Re-read the tread, no where did I claim this is a slam dunk.

What I did do is present it as an alternative to the global warming or climate change narrative.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's the cow farts and the emissions from Al Gore's mouth.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It was implied.

Here is a breakdown on whats happening in the solar system:
www.skepticalscience.com...

Rundown:
Mercury: Not warming
Venus: Not warming
Mars: The warming "trend" is based on information from 1977 and 1999, not continuous data. The 1977 data came right after a global dust storm, and the 1999 data right before one. Based on data since 1999 (which is close to continuous), Mars is not undergoing any long term warming.
Jupiter: Jupiter underwent a temperature change due to the merging of several storms temporarily shifting how heat moved through the atmosphere. The poles became colder, the equator warmer, but overall temperature stayed the same. The effect was temporary.
Saturn: Not warming
Uranus: Actually getting colder, due to its wacky seasonal cycle.
Neptune (and its moon Triton): Both are moving into the first southern hemisphere summer we've observed - it's actually been spring (and fall in the north) there since we discovered the planet. Some seasonal warming is expected.
Pluto: Warming, and we don't know why. Pluto's axial tilt and orbital eccentricity should give it even wackier seasons than Uranus, but a full season hasn't passed since we discovered it, and we're not even sure what its surface or atmosphere is like yet, so we're really banking on the New Horizons probe to help us figure this one out.

However, if Pluto's warming is due to increased solar output and not a local effect like seasonal warming, then Eath's temperature should have risen several hundred degrees, not several degrees, and Mercury should be literally burning away to nothing.

Lastly, it's not like solar output is hard to measure, and we do know it's actually declined over the last 35 years, separate from the solar cycle - there's a slight but measurable decline max-to-max and min-to-min in the last few decades. Not enough to have a measurable impact on any of the planets' temperatures, but it is opposite of the trends on Earth and Pluto.

Only one credible scientist I know of has pushed it's the sun fault idea, Henrik Svensmark, while many have refuted his claims.

"There’s no evidence to support Svensmark’s contention,” says Ben Santer of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. “It’s a testable hypothesis, and we routinely look at whether Svensmark’s ‘the sun explains everything’ hypothesis is in accord with available observations. And it isn’t.”

Santer explains that if the sun were warming the planet, we would see heating “throughout the full vertical extent of the atmosphere.” Yet scientists have found that while the lower atmosphere is heating up, the upper atmosphere is actually cooling, and that finding is “fundamentally inconsistent” with the idea that the sun is to blame. But, says Santer, that pattern is exactly what was “predicted by the earliest computer model simulations” of a planet that’s warming due to increased greenhouse gases.

billmoyers.com...
edit on 13-8-2017 by jrod because: Link

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Even though renewables are clearly being suppressed by the lobbying efforts of the gas and oil industry and their flunkies?

Agreed. Greed rules this planet. The pharmaceutical companies and the FDA are doing the same by suppressing promising cancer treatments and drugs.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

are there other phenomenae capable of causing planetary warming besides humans and besides the sun?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: GetHyped

is National Geographic good enough for you? and this one is from 2007

No, not really

Your source even contradicts your arguement:

"His views are completely at odds with the mainstream scientific opinion," said Colin Wilson, a planetary physicist at England's Oxford University.

"And they contradict the extensive evidence presented in the most recent IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] report. Amato Evan, a climate scientist at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, added that "the idea just isn't supported by the theory or by the observations."

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The thread is supported by many scientists.

[citation needed]

There is also a supporting story by nat geo.

Nope, that article does not support your OP in the slightest, as I have pointed out.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This is old news, but the tards need to be reminded.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Id assume the heat radiating from the earth is the actual culprit. Apparently our man made warming is affecting the entire solar system (maybe even the entire milky way???).

My what powerful creatures we are.

The likes of which the universe has never seen previously.......never seen.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

This is old news, but the tards need to be reminded.

lol, yeah.

Their is no doubt that human activity is impacting climate change. Nevertheless, there are other forces outside the solar system that are effecting climate inside the solar system. Whatever the case may be, Earth can expect a rough ride as it travels through foreign warm waters.

Sources include:

(1)TheEventChronicle.com

(2)AboveTopSecret.com

1. Perhaps read all the article if you feel it has any validity.

2. Talk about a self-perpetuating BS cycle. Where else should the media come for their dose of science news - another news article and ATS. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join