It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK. Omitting the rhetoric....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No one is going to nuke NK that would be stupid.The only way I could see that happening is if they hit the US with a nuke. Not to mention conventional bombs are much more effective in tactical situatuons. As far as NK artillery the situation is very similar to Iraq where Saddam had threatened his neighbors with suds and artillary. He said he would destroy cities within 2 hours they had removed that threat only suds hidden in the north remained. If you control the air artillary is an easy target. The key with NK would be to destroy command and control before they even knew they were under attack.

First of all, I'm not the one suggested 'nuking' North Korea.

Second, Conventional warfare isn't 'winning' in another mountainous country called Afghanistan.

The problem isn't invading and conquering key NK military assets, we are great at that. The problem is (always is) long term occupation and subjugation. We are still fighting in Iraq by the way, Afghanistan too and oh yah, Syria. Let alone occupying Korean peninsula for decades,

double besides which the Chinese minded big time the last time we went north...

Go ahead, open another front, the same old ones are boring to hi command. They need fresh meat to perk their 'murcian interests'.
edit on 14-8-2017 by intrptr because: added quote and additional content

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: nwtrucker

a reply to: nwtrucker

My understanding was SK 'suspended' the deployment of the THAADS.

Who told you that?

SK will do whatever its US overlords tell it to. THADD missile systems are just the latest thorn on the Asian continent in the Chinese underbelly.

Imagine China emplacing its own anti missile 'defense' systems in Baja, "California"?

Multiple links available:

www.cnn.com...

Really Trucker? I'm surprised at you...CNN is cheerleading the disinformation. There have been multiple threads right here about the THADD, they are being emplaced , not 'disabled'.

Well there was far more than just CNN when I googled it. Usually fake news is restricted to one or two sites. Also, it wasn't 'disabled' it was suspended. In fact, CNN would be the first in line to promote a 'lose' for Trump. That was the last I heard of it. There's been one poster on this thread that said THAAD had been fully deployed on a golf-course. That would be the first time, for me.

In any event, you asked where I heard it and I answered......

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Who told you that?

SK will do whatever its US overlords tell it to. THADD missile systems are just the latest thorn on the Asian continent in the Chinese underbelly.

Imagine China emplacing its own anti missile 'defense' systems in Baja, "California"?

www.cnn.com...

Really Trucker? I'm surprised at you...CNN is cheerleading the disinformation. There have been multiple threads right here about the THADD, they are being emplaced , not 'disabled'.

Well there was far more than just CNN when I googled it. Usually fake news is restricted to one or two sites. Also, it wasn't 'disabled' it was suspended. In fact, CNN would be the first in line to promote a 'lose' for Trump. That was the last I heard of it. There's been one poster on this thread that said THAAD had been fully deployed on a golf-course. That would be the first time, for me.

CNN well they sensanalized a story.Bottom line there was supposed to be 6 currently only 2. The hold up is indeed an environmental study. But here is an article about the golf course

www.google.com...
edit on 8/14/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Who told you that?

www.cnn.com...

CNN well they sensanalized a story.Bottom line there was supposed to be 6 currently only 2. The hold up is indeed an environmental study. But here is an article about the golf course

www.google.com...

Thanks for the link. It was dated last May. Things may has ratcheted up since then. If not, one THAAD unit doesn't inspire much confidence, does it?

Here I've been concerned for SK and they've raised the usual barriers to it's deployment? If they don't care if they get smacked, why should I??

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

FYI :

US "Ally" Ukraine Is Source Of North Korean Missile Engines

British banker set up firm ‘used by North Korea to sell weapons’

I wouldn't doubt it one little bit. I'm one half Ukrainian and one half 'white' Russian and I have no use for either country.... Same area code. Both crooks on a par with any.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well there was far more than just CNN when I googled it. Usually fake news is restricted to one or two sites.

They all carry the same stories, even at the same time. Channel hop TV at the top of the news hour and see for yourself.

Same for the internets. As far as THAAD deployment...

South Koreans protest THAAD

Talk about fake news... the real reason THAAD was installed on the Asian continent is not about North Korea, its China. This is why...

It is not the prospect of the U.S. shooting down a North Korean missile irking Beijing, but rather the ability. THAAD's advanced radar system gives the U.S. military the ability to peer across the Yellow Sea into China's own airspace and potentially to track the movement of Chinese military hardware on the ground.

Main stream

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well there was far more than just CNN when I googled it. Usually fake news is restricted to one or two sites.

They all carry the same stories, even at the same time. Channel hop TV at the top of the news hour and see for yourself.

Same for the internets. As far as THAAD deployment...

South Koreans protest THAAD

Talk about fake news... the real reason THAAD was installed on the Asian continent is not about North Korea, its China. This is why...

It is not the prospect of the U.S. shooting down a North Korean missile irking Beijing, but rather the ability. THAAD's advanced radar system gives the U.S. military the ability to peer across the Yellow Sea into China's own airspace and potentially to track the movement of Chinese military hardware on the ground.

Main stream

Dragonridr say only two active units and there's supposed to be six. That says something.

I have a problem seeing what the THAADS have to do with China. Now if they placed them in Taiwan or Japan, then I could see it. Considering NK's rhetoric, it seems perfectly reasonable to reassure the south with the THAADS. ( Any pissing off of China seems a side benefit.)
edit on 14-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have a problem seeing what the THAADS have to do with China.

Yah, I noticed you left out the external content about the radar seeing deep in China, too.

Occupying Korea is always been about containing China.

Now dummy up...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I have a problem seeing what the THAADS have to do with China.

Yah, I noticed you left out the external content about the radar seeing deep in China, too.

Occupying Korea is always been about containing China.

Now dummy up...

Sigh, your way of avoiding you had no idea the THAAD deployment was held up/delayed?

Horror's!! See deep into China?? So what? China is covered six ways from Sunday by satellites. Not to mention naval units.The combat cloud is more than enough to cover China.

A side benefit, no more. NK is the issue and the point of the thread. Stay on topic or start your own thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Sigh, your way of avoiding you had no idea the THAAD deployment was held up/delayed?

Nothing about the eventual subjugation of the entire Korean Peninsula is being postponed or delayed, especially now.

The simple reason for that in one of military strategy. The bottom of the peninsula is geo-strategically vulnerable, the sea is the only avenue of retreat.

This was the vulnerability the last time NK attacked US assets there decades ago. Inchon was Mc Arthurs solution, bisecting the advancing Korean army and cutting off their retreat North.

The rest of the reason for reducing North Korea is Political, i.e., lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

See deep into China?? So what? China is covered six ways from Sunday by satellites. Not to mention naval units.The combat cloud is more than enough to cover China.

You're a trucker right? Have GPS on your rig? They track locators from space satellite, but not enemy aircraft that don't have them. If satellites could do that all the time for every airborne platform they wouldn't need radar, would they...

Ground radar stations track aircraft in flight by signal return. Radar installations that can track enemy aircraft "deep inside' their own country (especially those with missiles attached) not 'threatening ' ? Reflects your ignorance about such matters. Not only about ground based radar technology and its necessity, but about satellite tech in general.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

See deep into China?? So what? China is covered six ways from Sunday by satellites. Not to mention naval units.The combat cloud is more than enough to cover China.

You're a trucker right? Have GPS on your rig? They track locators from space satellite, but not enemy aircraft that don't have them. If satellites could do that all the time for every airborne platform they wouldn't need radar, would they...

Ground radar stations track aircraft in flight by signal return. Radar installations that can track enemy aircraft "deep inside' their own country (especially those with missiles attached) not 'threatening ' ? Reflects your ignorance about such matters. Not only about ground based radar technology and its necessity, but about satellite tech in general.

If you have a problem with that blatantly obvious fact, start your own thread.
Fine. The point is NK. I will not be deflected from the subject at hand. You weren't aware of the THAAD
delays. I have little to no interest in radar coverage of mainland China. Ground based radar-and THAAD is ground based- is restricted by the curvature of the earth. Equally as limited as any naval radar system. It's intent and capability is high altitude intercepts. Not long range.

Satellites use IR as well as visual spectrum.

THAAD's use against China is limited to defensive intercepts. An AWACS will out range
a THAAD by far. The primary use of THAAD in SK is the defense of that nation.

So your 'see deep into China' betrays your ignorance and intent. Move on.

edit on 15-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It looks like fat boy has backed off, rhetoric-wise, a bit. He now says he's decided not to attack Quam....but he says he could change his mind...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'll try to unscramble that post.

First off, ATS threads belong to everyone.

Emplacement of long rage radar and 'defensive' missiles is part of the long term policy to surround, isolate and contain China and Russia. Like wake up. The placement of long range radar and anti missile missiles on the Asian Continent is a first, escalation by the Us and the uS alone.

You may be fooled by all the Main stream rhetoric directed at North Korea, I'm not.

Feel free to deflect all you want, I'm right here.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yawn. Ground based radar is limited to earth curvature. Even naval radar, on masts, have better 'range' than ground based.

S-400s claim 450 miles detection range...IF the aircraft isn't below the horizon, at which point all bets are off on that 'range'. No different with THAADS. China is secondary. NK is primary. Older agendas are trumped by NKs nukes and developing ICBMs. At least for now.

U.S. presence is SK goes to the cold war era and the splitting up of a nation that should never have been split up. The Soviets. Not China. Nothing stays the same.

Fixate on China as you will. China isn't going away. My bet is NK IS going away.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No different with THAADS.

Tell the Chinese that. They know the difference. For the first time in history US radar and missile installations are on the Asian continent.

You downplay that all day...

Paints a big target on South Korea and escalates mistrust, you think the Chinese and other nations have a any precedent to fear what US does putting missiles, armies and carrier groups in their back yard?

So I must assume you already know this but are deflecting so others won't find out. Just like the MSMN article you link and the anti Korean rhetoric you regurgitate.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Tell the Chinese that. They know the difference. For the first time in history US radar and missile installations are on the Asian continent.

Paints a big target on South Korea and escalates mistrust, you think the Chinese and other nations have a any precedent to fear what US does putting missiles, armies and carrier groups in their back yard?

So I must assume you already know this but are deflecting so others won't find out. Just like the MSMN article you link and the anti Korean rhetoric you regurgitate.

Chinese and other nations? What other nations?? Virtually all of China's neighbors, including Vietnam, have backdoor messaged the U.S. in support of the U.S. presence as a counter to the obviously growing threat perceived from China.

The missiles are ABMs. Defensive. I'd bet that China's neighbors are cheering that precedent of your 'missile presence' on the Asian continent.

Fine, your pro-China and Anti-U.S..

My concern with NK is proliferation of not only nukes, but ICBM empowered nukes. The track record of NK from drugs running to counterfeit U.S. currency is well documented. If that is all B.S. and nothing but U.S. spin, prove it.

I seriously question your motives.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It's not about the radar even Chinese can do math. Say you have a radar range of 250 miles that radar won't be able to see anything below 44000 feet.At 300 miles a radar can't see below 80000 ft. The real reason this is an issue is China can use it to cause troubles in the US South Korea relationship.

By creating this false threat and presuming South Korea they can get them to disagree with the US.
edit on 8/15/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Chinese and other nations? What other nations?? Virtually all of China's neighbors, including Vietnam, have backdoor messaged the U.S. in support of the U.S. presence as a counter to the obviously growing threat perceived from China.

What other nations? Every nation on earth, Us only occupies 70 percent of them, threatens to blow up those that resist, has blown up, is blowing up those that do.

The US is the biggest threat to world peace, always has been. You're promoting the same old cold war rhetoric , anti russian, anti chinese, anti communist, red scare mongering thats been going on since WWII. In fact Korea exemplifies this endless rhetoric, that country is the oldest occupied 'enemy' nation on the Earth since the cold war started.

I can see you are completely brainwashed by the propaganda, or promoting, whichever.

Have a nice nuclear war, you've earned it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

OK. I will debunk your defense of fat boy as that's the point of the thread. IF fat boy was a good guy and unification was his true goal, and that only, he would call for an election combining the votes of both North AND South on reunification. He would call for U.N. observation and control of that election process.

He would name himself as a candidate for the leadership of that newly unified Korea and honor whomever won that election. He would, win or lose, go down in the annals of history as the man who corrected a terrible wrong foisted on the Korean people.

A hero through out the ages for reunifying the nation.

If he was a good guy, that is. If he didn't face the prospect of retribution from all those that have suffered under his and his father's regimes. Those family members that have died for virtually whimsical and arbitrary reasons.

Fat boy is not a good guy. Fat boy, therefore, cannot be allowed nukes and ICBMs. 'Head on a pike time' for him and a lesson for any others of similar mind.

If it leads to war, even a regional nuclear war, then that will awaken those that discount what nuclear war results in and ends, hopefully the proliferation trend.

Proliferation will give us that full out nuclear war, sooner or later. Stopping fat boy, might decrease that proliferation...might.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join