It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

106-year-old Antarctic Fruitcake Found

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: c2oden
I know this opinion will not be popular, but I think rice crispy treats suck.

Popcorn balls suck worse.

I'm not wild about either one, but I'd prefer either over a s'more.

I'm one of those people, s'mores are overly sweet to the point of gross to me.

I just keep liquor on hand beer too. Not into sweets here eat the effin steak and drink this aaaaargh!

If there's ever an ATS block party, it's going to be at your house. You know that, right?

I wish that happened I dont have many real friends anyways, the ones I do have tell me I weld too much and spend to much time in my art space. apparently I am somewhat antisocial but I don't feel that way. Feed me fruitcake and I will be docile

Edit to Add the badger is single so do not expect slapping to happen for lude commentary involving both fruitcake or DB Cowboy references, you have been warned.
edit on 13-8-2017 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The fruitcake in question:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: ketsuko

😋 I haven't had Xmas pudding for so long. No one else around me eats it. I think I might make (or buy) one this year and have it all to myself.

Your fruitcake sounds good too.
I should try making one.....

Only my eldest boy and me eat xmas pud so I splurge 40 quid on the Fortnum's one. Well worth it. Should get 4 feeds if it's just you

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That cake looks pretty damn good. I'd try a slice, no worries.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I don't know, but I asked before I took it on because I always liked my grandma's fruitcake. I knew my dad did, but I wasn't going to make it if I was going to be the only one eating it.

My dad, my sister both said they wanted it.

I go the recipe, looked at it and said, "WTF is this?!" Thing had no baking time on it, barely any amounts.

I've worked hard to change that so I can actually make something worthwhile out of it. Grandma got it from her grandma and must have been taught how to make and carrying half of it in her head.

My aunt had to do the same thing on her side of the family.

But when I say fruitcake, ours is more like a fruit bread than those gawdawful things you see for sale in the store. We only put raisins, currants, and citron in ours along with nuts.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Scientists speculate that the fruitcake may be much older than 106 years old, as it was most likely re-gifted for a couple of centuries before it was sent to Antarctica.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Scientists speculate that the fruitcake may be much older than 106 years old, as it was most likely re-gifted for a couple of centuries before it was sent to Antarctica.

When I was a child, I hated to eat my vegetables. Now I know where they ended up.

If you see several plates of broccoli in Antarctica, they're mine.
edit on 13-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: I'm on a diet, now I miss broccoli

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought only a few fruit cakes were ever made. They just keep circulating around during Christmas time.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Fruit cakes reproduce through parthenogenesis.

They will become our overlords in a few years.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Great. I guess we'll be required to bow to them and refrain from describing people using the term fruitcake.

I never saw it coming.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Great. I guess we'll be required to bow to them and refrain from describing people using the term fruitcake.

I never saw it coming.

The term, "fruitcake" will be racist.

You can use the term, "f-word" however.

I certainly use the f-word when I see a fruitcake.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Maybe mankind has been through this before and that is why the fruitcake ended up in Antarctica. Forced Exile.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Maybe mankind has been through this before and that is why the fruitcake ended up in Antarctica. Forced Exile.

The Fruit Capocalypse.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Claxton Fruit Cake

A blend of nature's finest fruits and nuts, Claxton Fruit Cake has enjoyed a worldwide reputation for quality and value for over 100 years!

This year, we are also pleased to present our Claxton Classic Supreme Fruitcake

[utl=https://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/bakery-catalog/fruitcake]Reqired link[/url]

Looks as though the leader is the Supreme Fruitcake. Nice ring to it.

Maybe this Christmas will require a visit to a fruitcake. Trouble is found in finding the really good one.

Who is it's daddy?

Norwegian
British
German
Australasian
Santa Claus

1910–1912 — Roald Amundsen's South Pole expedition – On 14 December 1911, reached the South Pole (90° S)
1910–1913 — Terra Nova Expedition – On 17 January 1912, Robert Falcon Scott, reached the South Pole (90° S)
1911–1913 — Second German Antarctic Expedition – led by Wilhelm Filchner
1911–1914 — Australasian Antarctic Expedition – led by Douglas Mawson

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I believe somewhere in this video the Admiral suggests the entire world could store excess food in Antarctica because it is so cold and dry the food will last forever.

www.youtube.com...

I have unknowingly eaten 20 year old canned chicken from my Grandparents cellar.

I would have thrown it out...I was brainwashed.....now I am not.....of course food frozen/freeze-dried in that environment will last hundreds and hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I think someone will do storage at some point unless the supply stay very plentiful. Even with that, disasters occur.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Remember growing up,I think I was the only family member that liked fruit cake,although I think I would pass on that one,been years since I had any

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What's with the fruitcake hate?
No one in my family has ever re-gifted a fruitcake. The average cake lasts about 3 days max in the house of any of my family....Mind you, they are all home made to granny's recipe, so that probably explains their yumminess.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The fruitcake in question:

All I can say is pass that sh1t.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join