It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

106-year-old Antarctic Fruitcake Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Jesus H Christ, even Antarctica didn't want it.

That says something profound about fruitcakes, lol

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Clearly, someone did not make that one correctly.

My dad, sister, son and nephews all eat mine.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Brothermans family gets smaller every year, 106 year old fruit cake might taste like my great grandmas fruit cake she passed away at 103 back in 2005 she was the matriarch of my family she cooked and grew plants like no one elses business too.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL ATS MEMBERS

In the case of a nuclear holocaust, these foods will sustain you and your family members until our alien overlords come to save us from ourselves (which could turn out to be a really really long time since they don't seem to like us much):

Fruitcake
Twinkies
Cockroaches
Keith Richards

This.. made me laugh pretty good, I needed that. I've been in dark times lately.
lol in a nuclear apocalypse i still wouldn't munch on keith richards (DB Cowboys wife would say thats too many calories for his diet and my moral compass would say that is gay bi curious material)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nobody eats fruitcakes. Nobody likes fruitcakes. But people keep making fruitcakes.
Why do people make fruitcakes when they know that nobody will eat their fruitcake?
Do they think that their fruitcake is the best fruitcake ever and people will eat their fruitcake because they are the best fruitcake maker ever?

106 year old fruitcake proves that nobody likes fruitcake.

Nobody likes gingerbread houses either.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Nobody eats fruitcakes. Nobody likes fruitcakes. But people keep making fruitcakes.
Why do people make fruitcakes when they know that nobody will eat their fruitcake?
Do they think that their fruitcake is the best fruitcake ever and people will eat their fruitcake because they are the best fruitcake maker ever?

Watch your tone young person, call me king kong I'd eat your ginger bread house like homer effin simpson or usurp your prized family fruit cake like the bunny from monty pythons holy grail.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

You are killing me here!

I make both fruitcake AND gingersnaps. Granted, gingersnaps aren't gingerbread houses, but they're close enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You are killing me here!

I make both fruitcake AND gingersnaps. Granted, gingersnaps aren't gingerbread houses, but they're close enough.

Sorry.
Have you ever seen anybody actually eat your fruitcake or does everybody say they will take the fruitcake home and eat it later?
Because that's what I do when somebody gives me fruitcake.
I never really eat it later.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You are killing me here!

I LOVE ginger snaps !!.... I used to dunk them in milk....then I got older ...now I dunk them in beer !!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yes, I see them eat it. We slice it out on a platter with a bunch of other stuff. It gets eaten.

Even if no one else is eating it, I eat some, but I do watch them eat it.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you were my lady I would eat it even if I hated it
but since we been long time ats pals I would eat it anyways.

I grew up in a mountain farm in central PA
the ladies in my family, my mom, aunts, and grandmas (yeah grandma and great grandma) used to do every thing with my sisters and girl cousins and us guys used to do everything else.
things like that on the holidays to me as an adult mean an awful lot more to me now then what they did when it just used to be a part of a holiday dinner

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The universal dislike of fruitcakes I can agree with, they'e nasty no matter who makes them or what's in them.

Trash talk a homemade gingerbread house, on the other hand, and you're looking for trouble. Store-bought boxed kits suck ass, but there's nothing like making the royal icing and gingerbread yourself and nibbling away at it for a week. Ok, a few days, I eat mine in a few days & blame it on the kids, I have no self control

edit on 8/12/2017 by Nyiah because: Matter, not mater. I just ate a 'mater, though. That's my excuse & I'm sticking with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

The universal dislike of fruitcakes I can agree with, they'e nasty no matter who makes them or what's in them.

Trash talk a homemade gingerbread house, on the other hand, and you're looking for trouble. Store-bought boxed kits suck ass, but there's nothing like making the royal icing and gingerbread yourself and nibbling away at it for a week. Ok, a few days, I eat mine in a few days & blame it on the kids, I have no self control

Thats evil blaming the kids unless the house has lucky charms quality marshmellows!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I know this opinion will not be popular, but I think rice crispy treats suck.

Popcorn balls suck worse.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course your family eats your fruitcake, they love you.

..... or maybe that rolling pin you're holding over their heads might have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm not wild about either one, but I'd prefer either over a s'more.

I'm one of those people, s'mores are overly sweet to the point of gross to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I just keep liquor on hand beer too. Not into sweets here eat the effin steak and drink this aaaaargh!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

s'mores suck too.
s'mores are something that people act like they like when camping.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I just keep liquor on hand beer too. Not into sweets here eat the effin steak and drink this aaaaargh!

If there's ever an ATS block party, it's going to be at your house. You know that, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

s'mores suck too.
s'mores are something that people act like they like when camping.

The pop tart smores were pretty good in college, back then they were only a dollar and the machine used to actually dispense them without much problems unlike doritos those bags always got stuck and jewed us out of our gamer fuel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join