It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College: Normal-Sized Seats Are a Microaggression

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'd like to think that the microaggression crowd is a small minority of students. But I think it is now a good catch all for normal inconveniences of life, like your butt is too big.

I'd suggest, if you're too fat to sit in a college seat, you're probably better off standing anyway and burning a few of them calories.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To play devils advocate here; the US is the most obese nation in the world. So as a result of our fatness and the passing of that fatness to our children we see an obvious rise in the number of obese children. So as the current reigning fattest country in the world should we not accommodate our little (not so little) children?

I mean it's our fault for feeding them the garb...I mean food that they eat. Then again maybe it's the "food" itself??? Oh whose to say anymore, nothing is your (our) fault anymore...just blame it on big brother. *pouty face*

So ask yourself how you would feel if you were a chubby little piggy who couldn't fit into xe/xer's seat... who do you blame...or do you just cry until good ol Uncle Sam comes and fixes the problem for you?

*awkwardly avoids looking at West Virginia*
edit on 11-8-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
a reply to: seasonal

Everything is a frigging microaggression these days. I hate this new word, microaggression. My post is probably a microaggression. I have read about a woman's hair being microaggressive. This is out of control.

Your avatar is a microaggression towards us meat eaters.

Who cares if you like apples. How dare you wave that in my face while I enjoy this nice sirloin. You think you're better than me because you like APPLES!?!?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Do squats and stop whining.

Fat isn't something to be proud of.

Aye, but from 2012-2016 fat was beautiful.

Only now as school starts up are we back to fat being bad again.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Ameilia

Everything is a frigging microaggression these days. I hate this new word, microaggression. My post is probably a microaggression. I have read about a woman's hair being microaggressive. This is out of control.

Your avatar is a microaggression towards us meat eaters.

Who cares if you like apples. How dare you wave that in my face while I enjoy this nice sirloin. You think you're better than me because you like APPLES!?!?

*Bows*

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

When I was in school every single desk was built for right handed people. I never had the advantage of learning to write with a comfortable arm rest upon which to rest my arm so that my hand could be steady. I constantly flunked penmanship.Likewise all my teachers insisted that we hold our papers in the correct manner, tilted to the left so that the right hand would not rub in the freshly written words. I used to try to turn the paper to the right so that my left hand would not drag and the teachers would always turn it back so that the only steadying of my writing hand was based in my hand itself and it would drag across the paper in a continual smudge

As a left handed person I know microagression.
So larger people can have the same problem. Sitting in chairs or desks that are to small do not allow for the range of motion and comfort necessary for study.

One might say I should have been forced to learn to write right handed just as one might say that large people should be forced to lose weight with no thought to the reality that not all peoples metabolisms or body type are the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So here is the thing, at 5'10" and over 200 lbs I am considered obese by Dr's charts.
I was an athlete in JR high, and went on to theater and marching band in HS, with my PE elective being weight training (lifting).
MY HS weight at grad was 180 (obese by Dr's charts).
At my heaviest (about 260) I could fit in to college seats with no problem, as well as HS seats.
So for me being 100 pounds over Dr's charts; if I could fit easily into college seats how big are these folk who are upset over the seat size?

ETA: I have never had a Dr. tell me I should loose weight.
edit on 11-8-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
They should get up off their fat lazy asses exercise and go on a diet instead of whining the seats to small .

Its not the seats fault that theyre too damn fat to sit in them .

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Good point, obese is a term that means very little because it is ineffective with real world situations.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My god if these kids had to deal with college when I went they would melt in their fricken seats.
You don't have the right to not be offended.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm a lefty too. I feel you, but my response was I will learn to do it better with what I have available. Not to complain about not pandering to the small percentage of leftys.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

There's nothing right about a lefty.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

youtu.be...

Mr. Iglesias describes it best methinks.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A lefty's the only one in their right mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There's nothing right about a lefty.
Ahhhhhhhh, straight through my heart.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

One might say I should have been forced to learn to write right handed just as one might say that large people should be forced to lose weight with no thought to the reality that not all peoples metabolisms or body type are the same.

Lol, that's an atrocious comparison. 96% of fatties are fat due to lifestyle choices, not thyroid issues or metabolic issues.

However, 100% of left handed people are born that way.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

youtu.be...

Mr. Iglesias describes it best methinks.

At 100 pounds over my target weight (by Dr's charts), you might have called me healthy. But not beyond that.
Dr's weight charts and BMI are a whole different conspiracy. This is looking at college age kids blaming the college for them not being able to fit in a seat that can hold a 250 lb. man

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I'm a lefty too. I feel you, but my response was I will learn to do it better with what I have available. Not to complain about not pandering to the small percentage of leftys.

Indeed, I did not realize my oppression until much later in life. I just took it as a disadvantage against what was normal. Then I learned that what was normal was decided by a norm that was fostered by a conformity driven culture.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

A microagression? I'm not sure.

A pure pain in the ass to have to fit a large frame in a seat made for college kids of the 50's and 60's?

Now that sucks.

I was 6'2-3" in college, still am, and was at 290lbs for football. It was very uncomfortable to fit that body in a seat that looked like it was designed to fit a cheerleader.

So I can understand.
edit on 11-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

96% ?

Can you toss me a link for that information?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join