It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Leader Mitch McConnell Complains - President Trump Expects Too Much From Us!.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
August 9, 2017

During his long Summer vacation, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, took time to let the country know that President Trump expects too much from the House and the Senate.

Speaking at a Rotary Club gathering in Kentucky on Monday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell vented about how President Donald Trump's lack of political experience has led to him setting “excessive expectations” for legislative priorities.

McConnell, R-Ky., told the group in Florence that he found it “extremely irritating” that Congress has earned the reputation of not accomplishing anything.

Source: abcnews.go.com...

After hearing this, fellow Senator Lindsay Graham countered McConnell by saying..

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) blasted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Wednesday for saying President Trump had "excessive expectations" on repealing ObamaCare.

"I like Mitch, but for eight years we've been saying we're going to repeal and replace Obamacare. It's not like we made this up overnight," Graham told Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on "The Brian Kilmeade Show" Wednesday. 

Source: thehill.com...

Common sense says that if a Republican Congress couldn't keep a promise that they made to Americans, hundreds of times, for 8 years in a row, there's no way they will be able to pass really big legislative items, like Tax Cuts, Infrastructure Improvement, etc, unless they have strong and energetic House and Senate leaders.

During the ObamaCare Repeal discussions, Senator McConnell gave up before the first Senate vote was held. ("If we can't pass Repeal-Replace, we'll work with Democrats to FIX ObamaCare.") I don't think Mitch McConnell has much vigor or fight left in him. He's definitely not the right Senate majority leader for a President who understands what America/Americans need, and is willing to work tirelessly to achieve those goals for U.S. citizens. (IMO)

With that, I ask Pro-Trump ATS members, is it time for Mitch McConnell to be replaced as Senate Majority Leader? If you say "YES", whom do you feel his replacement should be?

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/9/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustment

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I agree McConnell needs to be "repealed and replaced".

He does not represent the best interests of Americans.

Something isn't right with him.

Never was.

p.s. I like Rand Paul for Majority Leader.

edit on Aug-09-2017 by xuenchen because: frogs

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rand Paul isn't very flexible, but he has more "fire" than McConnell..that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As memory serves, the Commonwealth of Kentucky posted red before the first votes were counted in the election.

Probably wouldn't be a lot of difficulty introducing challengers that would bury both RINO McConnell and RINO Rand Paul.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
LOL. Yeah, Trump expects too much, Republicans just ran for 7 years on repealing Obamacare, then when they have the chance, they don't do it. How dare Trump expect Republicans to keep their word!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"McConnell, R-Ky., told the group in Florence that he found it “extremely irritating” that Congress has earned the reputation of not accomplishing anything."

I laughed so hard that I stared to cry, than the crying turned into real balling as I realized how #ed we as a country are.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What does anyone expect. They spend 70 percent of the week begging for donations.

Of coarse they don't actually want to fix Healthcare for the people.

Rand may but he is a lone wolf out there.

Another couple years and the subliminal messages he gets played while on hold begging for donations will probably make him mitch McConnell.

Can't sone one do something to stop lobby power to they can do their work?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Cry me a river, turtle boy. You've been milking Obamacare for 7.5 years, and when you finally are under the spotlight to present *any* kind of new ideas (or even a basic repeal) the GOP mainstream shows its real colors.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It must be difficult to comprehend... a government where the president asks politicians to actually do their jobs, and keep promises made to their constituents.

Mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It is pretty clear there are quite a few Republicans who need to be booted out of office... I can't even defend these hacks anymore. The American people basically completed a conservative takeover of all three branches of government and this turtle neck hack can't get himself out of a wet paper bag and pass some meaningful and major reforms.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

To be fair it is complex. A real statesman follows his or her constituents. So is it worse for them to pass complete self serving bs or listen to the people.

But yeah. You would think after 8 years they would have a good plan and some leadership to get people on board.

Instead we have a jersey shore cast in the white house and clowns in Congress. The three or four conservatives left must be wondering where the Lions went.
edit on 9-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
It must be difficult to comprehend... a government where the president asks politicians to actually do their jobs, and keep promises made to their constituents.

Mind boggling.

This right here is why I'm glad Trump won.

I doubt Clinton would be making Mitch cry about how his job is to hard.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Lying, two-faced, back-stabbing cowards.

Rand Paul, my choice. About the only one I can stomach.

As for not getting things done, well if these slime asstard weasel penises didn't take 4 months off a year, maybe they would get more done!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Honestly...it appears we the people expected too much too. I never liked Mitch much, but I expected much more from him after the gift we voters gave these do nothing wankers, the last few elections.

Mitch is pissing off his own people in Kentucky...he may be ending his 30 + year government career sooner than he wants if he doesnt get some schtick done.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Rand Paul, my choice. About the only one I can stomach.

If you saw how cozy Rand Paul is with Mitch-the-Bitc# ... you'd change your mind about him.

He may be the lesser of two evils ... but a snake is still a snake and they all slither around on their bellies.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep. Pretty sad.

Problem is can rand withstand the scum and play ball to make a difference before turning into gollum?

He is doing great so far but it seems the slime is very potent.

He is constantly reaching over the aisle as well foe things that matter and have zero media sex appeal.

In other words he probably won't get re elected next time if the crap skyscraper continues to be built.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Congress has had that " can't do anything" label long before Trump came along
And it's not like people are asking for to much, just do what you said you would do and that might help .
Just do your dann jobs , keep the promises you made to get your jobs and most importantly stop forgetting who you are supposed to be representing.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

God,

So basically we have been giving the job to the wrong type of person.

Give me a years worth of bus tickets and motel rooms /food, and I will find you a governments worth of people among the millions of "common" men.

Just make a list. They will come. Fire some asses to make way.

No, no morons, dont worry. Unless we figured out how to eliminate morons from the ruling class, we dont need to wory about how human the stock is.

Our leaders are not fit to rule. Now all the BS doesnt matter.

They cant do the job. They cant deliver. They are the useless ones.

edit on 8 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I got news for McConnell... it ain't just Trump "expecting too much." It's the population of America!

Talk about a disconnect! Cry me a river, Mitch. Cry me a freakin' river.

Or buck up, stand up straight, and get the job done.

To the OP's question... Rand Paul would be my first choice. Unless, of course he holds on until after Alabama's special election. If so, my choice will be... *drum roll*

Ex-Alabama Chief Justice, the Honorable Senator Roy Moore!

This is how you teach Congress a lesson.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Rand Paul

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join