It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Leader Mitch McConnell Complains - President Trump Expects Too Much From Us!.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I agree but also think it's a breakdown of trust with constituents. If they get calls everyday by the thousands saying dont vote for x y or z the honest thing a congressman would do is present that as his/her argument for his people.

So in the case of say Collins it makes sense her constituents are making her voteyes that way.

Both trump and the house and Senate leadershipso have failed at persuading the people to not call their congressman and say don't do it.

It's a leadership issue from Trump to Congress not being able to sell a plan to the public the believe in.
edit on 9-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
As memory serves, the Commonwealth of Kentucky posted red before the first votes were counted in the election.

Probably wouldn't be a lot of difficulty introducing challengers that would bury both RINO McConnell and RINO Rand Paul.

I'm surprised that you give Rand Paul "RINO" status. He did take one bribe, but that's not a big deal compared to his colleagues, is it?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As memory serves, the Commonwealth of Kentucky posted red before the first votes were counted in the election.

Probably wouldn't be a lot of difficulty introducing challengers that would bury both RINO McConnell and RINO Rand Paul.

I'm surprised that you give Rand Paul "RINO" status. He did take one bribe, but that's not a big deal compared to his colleagues, is it?

Rand is a RINO but that is hardly a bad thing. He is a conservative it's almost impossible to be a conservative and a Republican who votes with the party the majority of the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
LOL. Yeah, Trump expects too much, Republicans just ran for 7 years on repealing Obamacare, then when they have the chance, they don't do it. How dare Trump expect Republicans to keep their word!

Your sentiment is exactly how President Trump responded to Mitch McConnell today...

“Senator Mitch McConnell said I had ‘excessive expectations,’ but I don’t think so,” the president tweeted Wednesday afternoon. “After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?”

Source: www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

He may be the worst RINO the conservatives have ever faced. He actively recruits non-conservatives to join the GOP. His 'grow the party' BS is destroying what is 'essentially' the base.

Rand Paul IS the Purple plague.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
LOL. Yeah, Trump expects too much, Republicans just ran for 7 years on repealing Obamacare, then when they have the chance, they don't do it. How dare Trump expect Republicans to keep their word!

Your sentiment is exactly how President Trump responded to Mitch McConnell today...

“Senator Mitch McConnell said I had ‘excessive expectations,’ but I don’t think so,” the president tweeted Wednesday afternoon. “After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?”

Source: www.politico.com...

The president is a terrible leader.

He could try an explain plans to the public and be a leader rather than a cheer leader so people stop calling their congressman freaking out.

It's just a terrible leadership job all the way around. The president is just as much to blame as mitch. Maybe more so because he is laying blame on something partly his fault.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Rand is far more conservative than most republicans.

And I hope he does destroy the base. They suck

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
"McConnell, R-Ky., told the group in Florence that he found it “extremely irritating” that Congress has earned the reputation of not accomplishing anything."

I laughed so hard that I stared to cry, than the crying turned into real balling as I realized how #ed we as a country are.

Republicans struck pay-dirt in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016. Over 800 Democrat seats turned Republican across America. Their #1 rallying cry, "Give us a majority in the House/Senate/WhiteHouse, and we will Repeal ObamaCare!"

You're right, DanDanDat. Politically, the USA is indeed messed up in a BIG way.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
What does anyone expect. They spend 70 percent of the week begging for donations.

Can't sone one do something to stop lobby power to they can do their work?

I often complain that Congress works only 138 days a year. But the Republicans are so dysfunctional, that I'm not sure if 365 days of work would give them the time they need. Donations or not, they're just not willing to act as the majority party.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What does anyone expect. They spend 70 percent of the week begging for donations.

Can't sone one do something to stop lobby power to they can do their work?

I often complain that Congress works only 138 days a year. But the Republicans are so dysfunctional, that I'm not sure if 365 days of work would give them the time they need. Donations or not, they're just not willing to act as the majority party.

www.termlimits.com...

I mean literally they spend most of the time begging for dollars. And the people donating write the legislation.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Cry me a river, turtle boy. You've been milking Obamacare for 7.5 years, and when you finally are under the spotlight to present *any* kind of new ideas (or even a basic repeal) the GOP mainstream shows its real colors.

McConnell is "turtle boy"? Does that mean he's slow? IMO, he's more like an old deer in the headlights.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
It must be difficult to comprehend... a government where the president asks politicians to actually do their jobs, and keep promises made to their constituents.

Mind boggling.

There's a corner of my mind telling me that Republicans in Congress wanted Hillary to win. You didn't see much joy or jubilation at all when their party's candidate won the Presidential election. Maybe they were more comfortable being the party of "No!".

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's also possible they should have been debating this in public. So the people felt more comfortable with their action. Like something beyond "its going to be great"

It's obvious they had no plan so the voting thing is irrelevant. Who cares they voted down their non plan. It was probably terrible if they had to keep hidden by armed guard anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is pretty clear there are quite a few Republicans who need to be booted out of office... I can't even defend these hacks anymore. The American people basically completed a conservative takeover of all three branches of government and this turtle neck hack can't get himself out of a wet paper bag and pass some meaningful and major reforms.

That's why I feel that Tax Reform and Infrastructure Improvement will have a LOT of Democrats participating. And, there will be BILLIONS of pork-dollars passed out to both Democrats and Republicans for their vote.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Cry me a river, turtle boy. You've been milking Obamacare for 7.5 years, and when you finally are under the spotlight to present *any* kind of new ideas (or even a basic repeal) the GOP mainstream shows its real colors.

McConnell is "turtle boy"? Does that mean he's slow? IMO, he's more like an old deer in the headlights.

He looks like an old cartoon tortoise.

Why can't Pence take over majority leader?

The Veep doesn't have much to do anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

To do what pass a terrible bill? The problem is these idiots forgot to work on a plan for 8 years

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Lying, two-faced, back-stabbing cowards.

Rand Paul, my choice. About the only one I can stomach.

As for not getting things done, well if these slime asstard weasel penises didn't take 4 months off a year, maybe they would get more done!

Ted Cruz is a pretty solid candidate for Senate Leader too. Which one has the least "swamp" in their bloodstream. Ted or Rand?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

To do what pass a terrible bill? The problem is these idiots forgot to work on a plan for 8 years

Yeah, that's problematic. lol.

OP asked who to replace him with, I assumed he meant now.

Some posters were saying it was Trumps fault for not cracking the whip and not communicating well.

Hence my Pence, answer.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Can I phone a friend?

Basically, you're asking me which would I prefer, a sucking chest wound, or a ruptured spleen?

Rand Paul nauseates me the least.
edit on 9-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Lying, two-faced, back-stabbing cowards.

Rand Paul, my choice. About the only one I can stomach.

As for not getting things done, well if these slime asstard weasel penises didn't take 4 months off a year, maybe they would get more done!

Ted Cruz is a pretty solid candidate for Senate Leader too. Which one has the least "swamp" in their bloodstream. Ted or Rand?

I was gonna say Ted also.

But good question.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join