It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Leader Mitch McConnell Complains - President Trump Expects Too Much From Us!.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's admirable to stand for your values. However, if you can't get industry investments based on it and your state requires federal money to operate it's budget, you have to think about how to make it more welcoming for enough industry to help create revanu for the state enough to operate independently.

Charlotte for instance is booming with business hence why the mayor wanted to make it acceptable for international business standards. It sometimes is also about being practical not just a crazy left agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
August 9, 2017

During his long Summer vacation, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, took time to let the country know that President Trump expects too much from the House and the Senate.

Pew Pew...seems Congress doesn't like private sector expectations....

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

August 9, 2017

During his long Summer vacation, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, took time to let the country know that President Trump expects too much from the House and the Senate.

Pew Pew...seems Congress doesn't like private sector expectations....

In the last few minutes president Trump held an impromptu news conference and said that Mitch McConnell should step down if he can't get the job done for the people that elected him and the Republicans to power.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

If prosperity means giving up my values, or even means not standing up for what I believe in, then I would rather be poor.

To each their own.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In the last few minutes president Trump held an impromptu news conference and said that Mitch McConnell should step down if he can't get the job done for the people that elected him and the Republicans to power.

I agree, get it done....If my performance was not an asset to my company they would fire me too. The Government is a place where rules and 10 year over rides lack luster performance every time. I think Trump is calling the ugly baby ugly...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I agree, get it done....If my performance was not an asset to my company they would fire me too. The Government is a place where rules and 10 year over rides lack luster performance every time. I think Trump is calling the ugly baby ugly...

Ugly indeed. Mitch McConnell said that the Senate was not going to take their summer vacation until the 18th of August, because they had so much work to do. Instead he and his colleagues slithered out of town on August 4th.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

On this Trump and I are in agreement. Moneybags Mitch should have gone long ago. The problem is: Who would replace him? Our current Governor is a man of principle but I like what he's doing as Governor.

I like Rand because he's not really a Republican. He's a classical liberal, now called libertarian for some reason. I think he does work for the people and would be willing to work across the aisle to get Obamacare repealed. There is always room for compromise on both sides but these bull-headed partisans like Moneybags Mitch have been acting like children in the schoolyard for so long that they can't help themselves. They are not prepared to lead only to do what their money Masters tell them to do.

I'm all for picking names from the phone book to send to DC. We would have a better chance of getting honest people into the role. And they couldn't be any dumber than some of the smucks I see posing as party leadership on both sides. We don't need a third party, we need a third, fourth, fifth and sixth party at least to reflect the varied opinions of such a large country. Or to ban political parties altogether. Get rid of parties, get rid of lobbyists.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Term limits are really the only answer imho. I don't really want any politician serving more than 2 terms, even the guys I like. It shouldn't be a full time job. The fact some of these hacks have managed to stay in office for damn near 30 years with few accomplishments to point to is really showing a weakness in our systems at the local level.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Add to that, we pay them $187,000 a year to work in Washington only 138 days per year. Maybe expectations are too high, since they're not even working on legislation for 2/3 of the year.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
LOL. Yeah, Trump expects too much, Republicans just ran for 7 years on repealing Obamacare, then when they have the chance, they don't do it. How dare Trump expect Republicans to keep their word!

Here's the thing.

Congress always wants the President to be a figurehead while they hold the real power.
The President wants to be a king while Congress is merely a puppet.

Trumps supporters desire a king, yet they're expecting something from Congress. A strong President can get things through Congress. The fact that nothing is getting through Congress instead means that Congress is strong and that the President is weak. With a strong Congress, why should they go along with the Presidents agenda when they have their own agenda to work on instead?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Can you imagine any of us telling our employer "you are expecting too much from us" ? We would be fired and replaced with someone who could do the job, these guys should be fired and replaced by people who can get stuff done.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I tell my employer that all the time. Part of doing a good job is managing expectations.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
LOL. Yeah, Trump expects too much, Republicans just ran for 7 years on repealing Obamacare, then when they have the chance, they don't do it. How dare Trump expect Republicans to keep their word!

Here's the thing.

Congress always wants the President to be a figurehead while they hold the real power.
The President wants to be a king while Congress is merely a puppet.

Trumps supporters desire a king, yet they're expecting something from Congress. A strong President can get things through Congress. The fact that nothing is getting through Congress instead means that Congress is strong and that the President is weak. With a strong Congress, why should they go along with the Presidents agenda when they have their own agenda to work on instead?

Repealing Obamacare isn't just the President's Agenda, it is what Republicans in Congress have been running on for the last 7 years, long before Trump came into the picture. Republicans won't do what they promised the American People that elected them, and that makes Congress strong? More like corrupt liars.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Sure but why should you dictate societies values.

Why should the bible?

There is a social contract called the constitution. It says leave your beliefs if they interfere with others liberty at home.

Choosing being poor well, it has left Alabama a mess. You are the 6th biggest government welfare baby in the US with terrible domestic violence stats. So what ever morals you believe exist widespread aren't showing up in reality. .

People need to learn to compromise for all of society not just personal agendas again.

Passing a crappy Healthcare bill we can both agree is not a solution. These idiots should have been debating for 7 years.

My point is its complicated and teaching people to respect each other with some compromise is fine.

edit on 10-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Trumps and Congress's ideas of what a repeal should look like are very different. Even Congress has two contrary views. So really it's a 3 way battle going on between the Tea Party, Republicans, and Trumpets.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Trump does a very good job of advertising his ideas, and he has a vocal base who will go along with them. A lack of energy in Congress though means Trump isn't challenging them. He needs to build his own plan and put it forward. The reason I say he's a weak President is that he's sitting back and letting Congress spin their wheels.

Trump needs to go back to acting like he did during the campaign and challenging his own party, with his own platform. That's the only way he's going to see results, because if left to their own devices Congress isn't going to work with him. Instead they're digging in and trying to make health care a 2018 issue as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Trumps and Congress's ideas of what a repeal should look like are very different. Even Congress has two contrary views. So really it's a 3 way battle going on between the Tea Party, Republicans, and Trumpets.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Trump does a very good job of advertising his ideas, and he has a vocal base who will go along with them. A lack of energy in Congress though means Trump isn't challenging them. He needs to build his own plan and put it forward. The reason I say he's a weak President is that he's sitting back and letting Congress spin their wheels.

Trump needs to go back to acting like he did during the campaign and challenging his own party, with his own platform. That's the only way he's going to see results, because if left to their own devices Congress isn't going to work with him. Instead they're digging in and trying to make health care a 2018 issue as well.

I am not sure what trumps ideas are about Healthcare could you point me towards some speeches? I mean beyond it is going to be great and other vague explanations.
edit on 10-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Na it's not a there way battle. Trump doesn't care what the final product is, so long as he can say he got it done. He'd advocate for universal health care if he thought it was what was going to get done.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I am not sure what trumps ideas are about Healthcare could you point me towards some speeches? I mean beyond it is going to be great and other vague explanations.

One could argue if they're his actual thoughts, or if it was just campaign rhetoric.

He wants universal coverage, paid for by government.
Medicare and Medicaid expansion.
Reduced deductables.
Repeal and Replace.

Basically, at a high level, Trumps entire description of what he wanted to do was single payer. Without calling it single payer that is.

It's probably why he's started talking to Democrats about things. It's clear he's not going to get what he wants out of Republicans.
edit on 10-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Na it's not a there way battle. Trump doesn't care what the final product is, so long as he can say he got it done. He'd advocate for universal health care if he thought it was what was going to get done.

He does. He talks smack about single payer and universal care when labeling everything, but when he talks about individual policies it's precisely what he describes as what he wants done.

It's one of the few things he's been consistent on for 15+ years.
edit on 10-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

He can't really get what he wants without lobby power being addressed. Democrats certainly get plenty from the industry, unless of course they get folded in.

Always thought the Swiss model should at least be debated a little as a compromise even though it's still expensive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join