It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raided Manaforts House

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Like he was ever dumb enough to actually keep stuff in his own house.

BwaaHaHaHa

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: ChrisM101
But accepting information from a foreign government that might be helpful to your campaign is not illegal.

Except it is, under campaign finance law. Nothing of value can be provided (or even SOLICITED) from a foreign national. The most commonly cited exception to this involves UNPAID VOLUNTEER work, which does not apply in this case because it requires the volunteers to be UNPAID BY ANYONE for the time spent volunteering.

Show me where the Trump family/ campaign Paid for this Information?
How do you attach a value to information?
It was not solicited if it was OFFERED?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

never said it was a witch hunt-u hunting for stars? go for it

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yea but like you said in the other thread, he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave this crap laying around his house. If he has been cooperating what reason did they have? We most likely aren't getting the full story here.

I don't imagine a lot of people voluntarily hand over evidence that they know to be incriminating, no matter how nicely or often it's requested.

If they have substantial reason to suspect that Manafort was guilty of a serious crime, wouldn't they be compelled to search his residence just as they would anyone else's, regardless of whether they gauged the odds of finding anything to be relatively low or not?

Even the most fastidious people are only human and subject to mistakes, moments of carelessness, etc.

It could have been a move to rattle him but I think he's far too cool a customer for that. He's been up to his eyeballs in dirt on an international scale since the 70's. It could, I suppose, also have been a move to rattle his associates.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Show me where the Trump family/ campaign Paid for this Information?

I never said they paid for it. My point was that the Russian lawyer, the other Russian(s) at that meeting, and those who might have compiled this theoretical information (if it even existed) would not qualify as VOLUNTEERS under campaign finance law if they were paid by ANY OUTSIDE SOURCE, whether that source was a client, the Russian government, or whomever.

How do you attach a value to information?

You don't really have to be able to attach a specific value. The courts just have to find that it does indeed have SOME NON-ZERO value.

It was not solicited if it was OFFERED?

Saying, "Heck yeah, I'll meet with you so I can get that thing of value" is indeed solicitation.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
HMMM...

Same day as Trump tweeted about transgender people in the military...

I'm STARTING to see a pattern with Trump...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So now the FBI does raids to "send a message"?

Thats only a notch below "we put guns and bombs in these psychotics' hands, and can claim we stopped terrorism when we raid them!"

Typical thuggery from the Fed.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

But accepting information from a foreign government that might be helpful to your campaign is not illegal.

Except it is, under campaign finance law. Nothing of value can be provided (or even SOLICITED) from a foreign national. The most commonly cited exception to this involves UNPAID VOLUNTEER work, which does not apply in this case because it requires the volunteers to be UNPAID BY ANYONE for the time spent volunteering.

what was delivered to Trump Jr. during the meeting? What damning evidence was revealed about Hillary?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So Jeff sessions sent them to send a message?

What are you even talking about?

How about this is how the system works. You get the low level guys ready to squeel by pressuring them.

It's not a conspiratorial tactic. It's used every day about time in the powerful scum in Washington.

Drain the swamp!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

That is fair to say!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
AND on that same day of the raid, Trump tweeted:

Why didn't A.G. Sessions replace Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a Comey friend who was in charge of Clinton investigation but got….

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2017

…big dollars ($700,000) for his wife's political run from Hillary Clinton and her representatives. Drain the Swamp!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2017

Interesting...

edit on 9-8-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That's all you got from that?
How about Mueller was able to convince a judge that he had probable cause that a crime had been committed?
That's not relevant?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Now even the FBI Virtue Signals?!?!

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This part makes no sense to me though

For the same reason they didn't announce their predawn raid? They wanted to get anything he didn't voluntarily produce.

Yea but like you said in the other thread, he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave this crap laying around his house. If he has been cooperating what reason did they have? We most likely aren't getting the full story here.

Speculating here, what if Manafort went to the FBI as soon as he got the information about Hillary from the Russians and Comey did nothing. This is what I see. The FBI would indeed want the original email/document for chain of evidence.
Just speculating... Like you said Manafort is many things but he ain't stupid.

link   
Trying to shoehorn Trump Jr's meeting into a campaign finance law is stretch. Any credible defense attorney would destroy that case, simply by questioning the applicability of the law. I think the meeting is going to end up as nothing more than a distraction, except perhaps for the Russian lawyer, who probably committed some kind of immigration violation by remaining in the United States under false pretenses.

Like I said before, Manafort & Flynn will get in trouble for being unregistered foreign agents (which itself is a pretty dodgy law), for connections that don't really matter to Trump or the Russia investigation.

link   
a reply to: network dude

Intent, intent, intent. IT DOES NOT matter if they got any damning information or not. The intent was that they were excited to receive damning information from a hostile foreign power. Using your logic, if someone intended on robbing someone and were not successful. Would that person not be charged with a crime?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Yes God please....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

So probable cause means nothing now.

Come on guys. His days are numbered .

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Really you have an inside track on what the investigation entails?

Flynn and Manafort will be used to squeeze a larger confession out to sure up a case. You ha e no idea how many grand jury suggestions for indictments have or haven't already happened.
edit on 9-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what was delivered to Trump Jr. during the meeting? What damning evidence was revealed about Hillary?

This is why I used the term SOLICITATION, which is also part of the applicable campaign finance law. One does not have to actually receive the information to be guilty of solicitation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join