It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What Happens When Male Marines Go Up Against Mixed-Gender

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

Indeed a 54 year old woman raped a man of 19 years outside my friends house in Glasgow only a few months ago !

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: CreationBro

ugh please I mean really?

do we need to sit here go over every outlier to justify a position in a debate?

you are on ATS I expect more from you and you should already know that outliers do not justify positions in a debate

Right, it's averages in this case.

Just like, there are women that are bigger or stronger than some men, without a doubt. But your average women is weaker and smaller than your average man. That matters in a war situation or hand to hand combat, not to mention packing heavy gear for long distances.

Yes they are but as in all things there is exceptions. And I worked with some females that were better equipped then me to handle combat. What I would like to see is keep the standards the same and just let people qualify.

However that's not what happens they lower the standards which causes some to be a burden while others shined. I had a Sargeant that I loved having her with me on ops she was paranoid and would spot things before I would lol.
Thanks for your insights. I agree that there are qualified and capable people of all backgrounds. As you say, maybe each military position should accept all qualified folks, of whatever gender.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

ugh please I mean really?

do we need to sit here go over every outlier to justify a position in a debate?

you are on ATS I expect more from you and you should already know that outliers do not justify positions in a debate

Right, it's averages in this case.

Just like, there are women that are bigger or stronger than some men, without a doubt. But your average women is weaker and smaller than your average man. That matters in a war situation or hand to hand combat, not to mention packing heavy gear for long distances.

Having commanded a unit with both males and females there are advantages and disadvantages. No the women could keep up as far as carrying guys had 60 pound pack females 25. And the guys still outpaced them. However in things like scouts women tended to do better. I found women had a patience that most young men didnt. So even on menial tasks tended to do a better job. Also noticed females found it very easy to comand other soldiers and actually get them to do it.

Now the honesty in Afghanistan I tended to keep females off patrol duties and instead used them for base security. But that was not do to their job abilities but more I knew what would happen if they were captured by the Talabhan.
Makes sense. I'm sure there are all kinds of roles in the military for which women absolutely excel.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: abeverage
How well do the women score when being wounded, drugged or interrogated?

You do see where I am going with this?

Yes,

Women have a much higher tolerance for pain than men do.

Is that what you were getting at?

That's actually an old wives tale. Men have a higher pain tolerance .. which was obvious to me since I was about 5.

abcnews.go.com...
www.sciencealert.com...

Why link things that say its suggested?

I could write an article and have it published with argument that suggesting Females have a higher tolerance for pain then men do.

Its a wifes tale saying that men do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

This is just so plainly and self evidently untrue that i have to laugh at you...

What is?

Virtue signaling is not the newest technique in encrypted communication but holy s*** you'd think it was by how much of it i see in this thread...

Huh?

WTF are you on about?

Sure you want to laugh?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Obviously woman are not as good as men when it comes to killing and blindly following orders.

This is why I couldn´t make an opinion on this subject yet.

In one side I think woman should be spared of the atrocities of war, they should be the anchor back home and the life line of men in combat.

In the other hand I think putting woman in a war scenario, front line, would probably distract and soften the effectiveness of male soldiers making war less effective, making war possibly more humane.

These are just assumptions but I´ll wait to see how these mixed battalions will do in a real war.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

the sad reality is that men in the military dont blindly follow orders, they often object to the killing , and often freeze up
and many men in the military suffer when they kill and keep killing its breaks their soul . Which begs the question why do they join up if they know they will be broken afterwards, well its often the sacrifice that they make for the greater good (perceived good, depending who;s side you are on)

As I said before a a gun is a tool , the real weapon is your mind and women are as equally capable of pulling a trigger for the cause.

outside of war however women are as equally capable of killing as men , if you care to look at statistics of murders etc there are just as many psychopathic killers out there that are female

and that women back home maybe classed as an anchor but cant fix broken men from the atrocities of war
that are fought to protect those back home and their way of life
sure they can help to resolve any depression but they are not the magic band aid that helps veterans overcome their war torn souls. Otherwise we wouldnt have half as many homeless veterans the world over

Another thing to observe about reality is that probably the reason men are so #ed in the head generally is that we have been non stop fighting from day one, in order to protect females and our offspring and our ways of life.

we came out of the trees fighting.

The only way to make war more humane is do away with combat all together , but that will take a global shift in our consciousness.

Personally I dont think anyone should be fighting wars for king or country , it's always on someone elses say so. The perception that evil will triumph if good men stand idly by , is a fallacy because as beauty is in the eye of the beholder so is ugliness and evil

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This whole thread

OP: On average Asians tend to be shorter than Caucasians
posters: but but but i met a tall asian once, totally refuted

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22 "Just for the record, my wife can out shoot me with a hand gun.
But not a rifle. No clue why."

My Ex was a natural marksman. she could shoot the spades of the aces at twice the distance i can with a pistol, And i am no slouch.
And she is dead accurate with a rifle. better than most people that I have been around.
But tell her to point that gun at someone and kill them or even wound them...maybe if her children were threatened she could. But I see no other scenario where she could bring herself to do it.
She has a strong character and stubborn as sin but mentally...it would destroy her knowing that she took a life.(and for the love of god i am not calling women mentally weak)
Most of the women I have ever been around seem to have an affinity towards life. An empathy beyond what I can understand . I think that yes physically we are built differently, And yes Mentally we are equipped differently. The many years of natural evolution dictate what these differences are. We don't get to choose them.
Its not to say that there are not some women out there that can't do these things. I just know many more men that are more mentally capable of taking a life than I do women.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

So I have a weakened mind for believing there are women out there with notable marksmanship, comparable to a man's, if not better in some cases?

Is that the gist of this, or could you correct the score for me?
it's only weakened if you feel women and men should be doing the same type of work.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

originally posted by: CreationBro

So I have a weakened mind for believing there are women out there with notable marksmanship, comparable to a man's, if not better in some cases?

Is that the gist of this, or could you correct the score for me?
it's only weakened if you feel women and men should be doing the same type of work.

I don't know how to respond. Your statement is incredibly broad.

Im assuming you mean men and women shouldnt be doing the same work with regard to military roles?

As many have posted here, it all depends on qualifications, skill sets, etc. There are plenty of positions in the military and otherwise where men and women are carrying out the same or similar tasks.

Yes, there are some things as noted by some of the posters, such as average physical strength, to carry munitions, back packs, etc. That is true.

Im beginning to think "weakened mind" is now synonymous with rational. Im looking at things from a "can they do that adequately or better" perspective. Not some far flung, overly "traditional" perspective where, "they aint got balls so they aint useful" seems to be the rationale.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I always thought that the reason men didnt want women fighting wars not because they cant fight , but because they didnt want to transfer the horrors of war to women and embed it in their psyche.
However that kind of falls flat since any time any army has ever captured or sacked a city
they raped every woman still in that city.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This may have been mentioned: one of the deadliest snipers of all time with 309 confirmed kills I think was a woman.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Combat effectiveness is of paramount importance in the military, but infantry/combat units, it's the difference between life or death not just for the individual soldier, but the unit as a whole. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. One area that must be exempt from the current push from the social justice crowd is our combat units, lives will be lost if the military gives into this madness. Every member of the infantry squad is expected to be able to preform tasks from carrying fairly heavy combat loads over most terrains while maintaining combat readiness to being able to drag any member of the squad to safety no matter the weight of either individual.
We all know the average military man physically out preforms the average female in the military, average, not all. I've met men that had no business being in an infantry unit and I've met women who I'd gladly welcome into my unit. Combat effectiveness is blind to race and gender, a gay half African American/Hispanic's bullet does the same amount of damage to a target as a straight man's. Same with a woman's bullet compared to a man's. Arguing over who's the better marksman is not a primary concern in identifying who should be allowed into an infantry unit, we have minimum standards that must be met before one is to advance past basic training. Marksmanship is a skill that can be learned and drilled into an individual, but one's physical ceiling ( as my DS used to say) is something that limits the individual no matter the training they have received.
My solution to the problem is simple, set a standard blind to gender, one that keeps or improves the current status of the units. Any soldier who meets these standards should be allowed in. The candidate will be identified only by a number and their results, same standard for men and women, no scaling modifier on physical standards. This, of course, will not satisfy the SJW crowd, but will insure equal opportunity for all to contribute to their country.

11B, 2-14 Inf. 10th Mountain Division
edit on 13-8-2017 by Skymoonwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If this article tells me anything is that our society is too Data-driven. Instead of welcoming Extra 100 able-bodies soldiers people complain how they dont hit as many targets. So what? Put them into Stormtrooper core of our space army.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you can do the job, do the job. If you can't, go home.

I am working on joining the military in an intel position. I can do the job. I am very good at what I do. I have been assessed as very capable for the position. I am not at liberty to discuss details so will leave it at that, or I jeopardise my application.

I will be deployed, and there is no way I want anyone beside me that is not qualified to do the job they are tasked to do. Male, female, Apache helicopter, I do not care.. I have to put my life in their hands, and they had better be capable, or they are letting everyone down.

There is no way I would permit myself to be incapable, because their life is in my hands as well. Very much so, if I don't do my job right, a lot of people will die, possibly even myself.

Everyone should be aware of their capacity and limitations, especially when lives are in your hands.
edit on 14/8/2017 by LilFox because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
What it boils down to is a total lack of understanding for what equality means. For some reason people think it means women are entitled to serve no matter what.

Add to it that people like the OP are intimidated and quite frankly insecure about the fact a women can pass all the requirements to serve in the army while their fat a$$ sits behind a computer screen.

Little boys feel emasculated because women can do something that doesn't fit their stereotypical caveman views.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

This is probably going to make some of your screech and go into convulsions on the ground as it may shatter your weakened mind.

Article: What happens when male marines go up against mixed gender *SNIP* see MODERATOR note in edit.

As part of the research experiment, 400 Marines — 300 male, 100 female — trained for combat together and then went through a simulated deployment, with every aspect of their training measured for in-depth analysis.

“All-male 0311 (rifleman) infantry squads had better accuracy compared to gender-integrated squads. There was a notable difference between genders for every individual weapons system (i.e. M4, M27, and M203) within the 0311 squads, except for the probability of hit & near miss with the M4.

Basically what it comes down to people is that women's minds and body are not designed for this. As much as I love women, and trust me I do I have to face the facts at some point and realize that men and women are built very different both mentally and physically. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing because I don't want to date/ marry a woman who acts like a dude. I want a woman who is a woman damnit.

Call me sexist for pointing out the obvious and having more traditional values.

You are NOT a Sexist. You're a Realist. The Globalist goal to destroy gender has a very evil end. The most obvious victims are the women. Women are being destroyed on purpose.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Women and children are never spared the atrocities of war.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
While there may be roles for women in certain front line positions, I can not fathom the thought of a woman going H2H with some savage from ISIS. And were I in a combat situation, I'm not sure that I would ever fully trust a woman alongside me kicking in doors and sweeping rooms. Men and women are build differently, both physically and mentally. Any woman who wants to pick up and M4 and drag herself through one sandbox cesspool or another is only trying to prove to everyone the fallacy they can do every last thing a man can do, and the result will certainly cause many good men to lose their lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join