It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist tweets for pro-gay marriage gets abused by LGBTI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Kalixi

Your very post highlights the exact problem here; there's this assumption that if you are not of the upper echelons of some official LGBTI/left wing ideal cause then you cannot have an opinion. Especially if said opinion isn't the official stance.

Yes, if they identify as LGBTI or portray a proLGBTI stance then they are a part of the LGBTI community. Unless you think there's a secret LGBTI headquarters or some sort of official membership into the gay club???

I only posted 2 examples but there were many more. I can't embed and would rather people read the original source for themselves

Also, I find it incredibly sad that the worthwhile issue of ME is being attacked by the very people who purport to support it. It's almost conspiratorial that TPTB want the ME vote to fail and reduce the LGBTI community to permanent victim status instead of building them up

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church is a part of Christian community. Is it ok for me to use the words "Christian community" every time Westboro Baptist Church does something wacky?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You know that # like this it makes people view this side as complete #ing retards and want nothing to do with them.

So then the average person rather just stay away and have absolutely # nothing to do with them.

Enjoy your own self decomposing cesspit.

signed

The Rest of Humanity
edit on 8-8-2017 by Lysergic because: aids

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think a fairer statement is that it can be precived multiple ways..

I think it is wide open enough for people to apply their own biases..

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The real issue here is the community she was/is supporting outright attacked her on a perceived threat.
Instead of what they should have done by reaching out to her to clarify her statement.

You know we've taken two steps back when first we attack before we reason.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I think a fairer statement is that it can be precived multiple ways..

I think it is wide open enough for people to apply their own biases..

Agreed.
Perception is everything.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well, she can join the rest of the confused and amazed in the libertarian center.

Screw identity politics, extremes, equality over equity as far as economics, and every bit of triggering safe space new wave social justice youth censorship corps.

Id like the know the German word for that.

edit on 8 8 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChadeS

There is ALOT of people on the opposite side that pretend to be offended leftists/rightests...

Either trolling or trying to set up a narrative..

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Works for Muslims and blacks...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Social Justice is a tank of piranhas... you need to give them something to chew on or they start taking bites out of each other.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

WHAT?!?!!

where do you get that from..

It's not that you can't think independently.. it s just that every independent thinker doesn't speak for the entire group...

It is laughable to even contemplate all white people being on the same team.. where somehow we are responsible for the actions of every trailerpark white kid..

But every thug who commits a crime is proof of a problem with the black community.. or every comment counts for the whole gay community..

It's ridiculous...

It's a logical fallacy that would get someone laughed out of a high school debate..

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I get what you're saying but that's not the same. With this situation it's a dichotomy: people are either proME or antiME

The point to focus on is that there are more pro-LGBTI people who have voiced their disgust with this pro Marriage Equality tweet than anti-Marriage Equality people deriding it

It could have sparked the conversation about implementing ME through Parliament instead this silly confected outrage by the very people who support ME has detracted from the cause entirely

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So far I only see two people expressing disgust with her tweet. As Joshua and I have stated her tweet could be read multiple ways. I posted a copy of her tweet and stated that I could see where the outrage is coming from.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I see I've got you riled up. Didn't mean to buddy ;P

You've missed the point, again. But honestly if it makes you happy I'll change the title to include the qualifier "some". Looks like I missed the 4 hour edit window for that but I'll write it here just for you:

"Some people in the LGBTI community tweeted outrage against this pro Marriage Equality hashtag"

I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear that referring to people from the LGBTI community didn't mean that I was referring to every single LBGTI person

Didn't want to start a war with you

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

gets abused by LGBTI

Too late.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I support same-sex marriage for everyone except those that think I shouldn't.

Some people just can't accept people that are different from themselves. Sad, really, given the context.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Noncents because: Grammar Adjustment

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

There were about 15 or so tweets when I looked not just 2. If some have been deleted they must have violated Twitter T&Cs

Here's an article about it that shows 8 others:
Sydney Morning Herald Article

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yeah. Not that many. People type the wrong way without realizing it. Trump does it all the time.
Covfefe!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Lol .. riled up over a BS conspiracy site..

BWAHAHAHA

I care so much I don't even proof read lol..

That's funny...

To your actual counterpoint:

Some???

You mean 2 right???

Or however many tweets they actually were able to quote..

Seems way more ridiculous if you actually said it honestly..

"15 people claiming to be supporters of the LGBT community misunderstand a fairly vague tweet.."

The horror.....
edit on 9-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
my first observation on this farce :

no one seems to have asked her :

" what do you mean by that " ?

too many people seem to eager to jump straight in - with out asking for clarification

my next point is a :

a reminder to all " minority groups " - you will not overturn the oppressive laws that deny you your legal rights - you can campaign against them - and put forward motions to repeal them - but guess whoes votes you need to acttually change the laws ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join