It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT’S OFFICIAL: Trump starts his own NEWS show featuring Kaleigh McEnany

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Grambler

Maybe because it's dinner time?

Hahaha! Post of the day!

Mom always makes meatloaf on Monday.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Grambler

Maybe because it's dinner time?

Hahaha! Post of the day!

Mom always makes meatloaf on Monday.

Love that film.

edit on 7/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah because this won't be Fake News with a heavy bias now will it.

That anyone would actually support such an obvious Propaganda Outlet as this is just sad.

I can't believe anyone would trust this for a second.

It's even based out of Trump Tower. I wonder if it will have any Pro-Trump news??? LOL....What a joke.

But the Trump supporters will of course Love It. It will be their new Fox News.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: xuenchen

That's not news, its the propaganda hour

Shoot 'em up Slickster

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It appears to be something like a weekly newsletter to promote a Trump agenda and not anything like a news organization. The claims of "state-run news" are blown out of proportion, though her statement "this is the real news" was an obvious dig to the lack of reporting on the things she mentioned.

Everything has to start somewhere. Unlike fireside chats, weekly addresses, etc. done by previous presidents - this is preceded by months of screaming "fake news" and railing against major news outlets. It's another of Trump's knee-jerk reactions.

From the article:

It’ll be interesting to see where they take this in the future, if it just stays this small weekend segment or if it becomes a daily thing with more programming.

I'm sure Trump will keep things small. Ha...yeah...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

It was started by his daughter in law, not Trump. It is neither state run, tax-payer funded, nor curated by the administration as far as I can tell.

Either way, it is no more than a glorified press release.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Promote fake stories about mainstream figures and have a Trump cartoon give the Roman thumbs up or thumbs down.

Trump already does that you Mo...mo...mo...momentous person you.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It was started by his daughter in law, not Trump. It is neither state run, tax-payer funded, nor curated by the administration as far as I can tell.

Actually nobody seems to know really...but Hola! it's not er, Russia, RT is as bemused as the rest of us while her majesty the Queen nearly choked on a fish bone....she said.

edit on 7-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Promote fake stories about mainstream figures and have a Trump cartoon give the Roman thumbs up or thumbs down.

Trump already does that you Mo...mo...mo...momentous person you.

Care to share, sh sh sh shmurfy?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All Presidents use media to "speak to the American people." This is not new.

FDR - Fireside chats - this one is prior to WWII, regarding the gathering danger

Ronald Regan did the same thing as FDR from the White House - here's one regarding the Soviet Union from 1988

Jimmy Carter did this kind of "fireside chat" thing too, but not often... Here's one about long range energy policy

Bill Clinton had a weekly radio address...this one was about American embassy's being bombed...and Osama bin Laden

George W Bush - a weekly address on the war on terror

Donald Trump - a brief weekly address...this one on Made in America week...

Obama did the traditional weekly addresses, and in addition, there was West Wing Week - this was a new thing, which was kind of a video blog about the Obama White House - a "backstage look" so to speak. This one is about Obama in Europe. It's really just a "what the President did this week" video. Nothing more. It's PR, of course, but I honestly never saw it before today!!

Now on to TRUMP NEWS. IS IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THESE OTHER EXAMPLES OF PRESIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION? Is it different from West Wing Week??

YES!

How so? Trump News is acting not as a vlog of "what the President did this week" with lots of great PR shots - no, it's actually acting as a "news network" with an anchorperson, who gives out favorable Trump Talking Points AS IF IT WAS A NEWS CHANNEL LIKE ANY OTHER.

But it's not. This is NOT a "What the President did" but "Here's what the President wants you to think about 'the news'" = watch West Wing Week posted above and then watch Trump News... do you see it? West Wing Week is generally facts about what the President did - where he went - who he spoke with - what he discussed - etc.

Trump News is more about..."The news of the week from Trump Tower" -with the lovely blonde anchor in a newsroom style setting claiming "Trump has clearly steered the economy back in the right direction." "For decades, a steady rise in immigration has depressed the wages of American workers..." - (Can I get a fact check please? Cause...I don't think that's true... hm...)

Ok - so here's one rebuttal...a fact check, if you will....

McEnany said, “On Wednesday the president introduced the RAISE Act. For decades, a steady rise in immigration has depressed the wages of American workers. The RAISE Act will increase wages, decrease poverty, and save the taxpayers billions. Americans deserve a raise, and President Trump is finally putting the American worker first.”

Legum responded, “According to many economists and studies, that second sentence is simply not true, no matter how many adorable children Republicans use to sell the RAISE Act to the public. Even the libertarian-leaning Cato Institute has called b.s. on studies that make the claim McEnany does.”

“And that is it. McEnany needs 89 seconds — including introduction and ending title card — to list the president’s accomplishments for the week. What were those accomplishments? Pinning a Medal of Honor on a Vietnam veteran, taking credit for jobs growth he had nothing to do with, and signing one bill and promoting another that he had had zero hand in writing,” Legum said.

LINK

The Washington Post fact checked the 89 second statement by the Republican Party's national spokesperson and...
link

So regarding that first claim...

It is real spin, at best. And it feels a lot like real propaganda — or state TV.

In her first 90-second segment, McEnany makes a number of questionable claims, most notably about the credit President Trump deserves for continued strong economic growth. Below, I've transcribed the whole segment, with some reality checks interjected.

Hey, everybody. I'm Kayleigh McEnany. Thank you for joining us as we provide the news of the week from Trump Tower here in New York. More great economic news on Friday: The July jobs report added a better-than-expected 209,000 new jobs. Overall, since the president took office, President Trump has created more than 1 million new jobs, the unemployment rate is at a 16-year low, and consumer confidence is at a 16-year high — all while the Dow Jones continues to break records. President Trump has clearly steered the economy back in the right direction.

First off, it is true that the July jobs report was “better than expected.” It is also true that the unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 2001. And these are legitimately good stories for Trump to tell.

But like Trump, McEnany takes it too far. Saying that Trump “has created more than 1 million jobs” and that Trump “has clearly steered the economy back in the right direction” is taking some real liberties.

And that's for one big reason: The jobs picture has largely continued the trends from late in President Barack Obama's administration. In his first six months, the economy under Trump has indeed added more than 1 million new jobs — 1.07 million, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

But in the last six months under Obama, the economy added slightly more jobs than that — 1.08 million. And if anything, the average jobs growth under Trump is actually slightly slower than it was in Obama's final years:

Trump's first six months: 179,000 jobs per month
Obama's final year (2016): 187,000
Obama's full second term: 209,000
As Philip Bump noted after last month's jobs report, what we've seen looks more like a continuation of a strong trend that Trump inherited from Obama, rather than Trump steering “the economy back in the right direction.” Things were already headed in the right direction, in fact, so Trump didn't need to steer anything. He needed to keep it on course.

So yeah, this is no West Wing Week. Sorry. I'd love to see a Trump West Wing Weekly, though...except he'd have to let us see him golf! It is an awful lot like the beginnings of a State run propaganda "news" station...

Sorry guys. This is a new beast.
edit on 7-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Trump News is more about..."The news of the week from Trump Tower" -with the lovely blonde anchor in a newsroom style setting claiming "Trump has clearly steered the economy back in the right direction." "For decades, a steady rise in immigration has depressed the wages of American workers..." - (Can I get a fact check please? Cause...I don't think that's true... hm...)

Why do so many people have a problem with blonde female news anchors. You say this as if this somehow makes it worse than what Obama did.

All of the claims you list against this are just that they may be wrong on what they say to people.

For example, you list a person saying the RAISE act won't be effective. This is the big nefarious complaint?

Then someone saying how evil this is because although it is accurate about how many jobs have been created under Trump, he FEELS this is more Obama's doing than Trump (lol).

Guess what, FDR in those fireside chats, he also pushed his policies. And guess what, there were people that disagreed with them.

Bush, Clinton, Obama; all of them had times where they pushed their agenda straight to the American people without opposing view points.

If you watch this and take it all as gospel, you would be foolish.

But to claim this is somehow nefarious is a joke.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Are you going to watch it?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's state-run mutiny against the state!! LOL

A cold, civil war against the Corpocracy.

or

We could go back to this model:

US sets new record for denying, censoring government files

March 18th 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration set a new record again for more often than ever censoring government files or outright denying access to them last year under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act, according to a new analysis of federal data by The Associated Press.

With Trump, his life and administration have been an open book!!

Well, except for those taxes.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Does anyone expect Trump to actually be critical of himself or the things that he's doing? Welcome to the echo chamber called "Real News" where any biases leaning toward Trump are confirmed daily.

Clever too playing off the "fake news" buzzword, he should win an award for cleverness.

If Obama had his own news network while in the White House Trump supporters wouldn't be cheering it on and would actually see how dangerous it is.

Leaders who dictate what is true about themselves are called sociopaths and dictators. Good job on electing this snake.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

His daughter-in-law hosts the show.

"Donald Trump launches new 'real news' show with his daughter-in-law to list his achievements."

Even if it weren't Trump who started this thing - he sure as hell gave the go ahead.

It needn't be state-run, tax-payer funded nor curated by the administration. It's a show RUN by the President. It doesn't matter how it's paid for. It's coming from the President or, at least, approved by, the President. That's not OK. It's propaganda pure and simple.

To think...his tweeting used to bug me....lol...the good old days...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This channel should broadcast breaking news about the daily explosions of obamacare.

Today Anthem blue cross left nevada and most black people in georgia, high and dry for 2018.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

His daughter-in-law hosts the show.

"Donald Trump launches new 'real news' show with his daughter-in-law to list his achievements."

Even if it weren't Trump who started this thing - he sure as hell gave the go ahead.

It needn't be state-run, tax-payer funded nor curated by the administration. It's a show RUN by the President. It doesn't matter how it's paid for. It's coming from the President or, at least, approved by, the President. That's not OK. It's propaganda pure and simple.

To think...his tweeting used to bug me....lol...the good old days...

So his weekly address and the usual radio broadcast of it is propaganda too, right? You know, the thing the President of the US has done for decades...
Maybe the President shouldn't be allowed to speak to the people... leave it to CNN?
You people have gone mad.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Does anyone expect Trump to actually be critical of himself or the things that he's doing? Welcome to the echo chamber called "Real News" where any biases leaning toward Trump are confirmed daily.

Clever too playing off the "fake news" buzzword, he should win an award for cleverness.

If Obama had his own news network while in the White House Trump supporters wouldn't be cheering it on and would actually see how dangerous it is.

Leaders who dictate what is true about themselves are called sociopaths and dictators. Good job on electing this snake.

Erm, Obama did the same thing.
Embarrassed yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Us people have indeed gone mad. I agree 100% with that statement.

As someone else said, this is not just a weekly address by the president, this is a whole new beast. The President isn't doing the speaking. It's being put forth as "Real News". That's the problem I have with it.

I'm happy to hear the President speak all he wants. Not mouthpieces of a machine.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Give me a break.
West Wing Week was a voice over love fest of Obama.
I just watched one with the title of "Thanks Obama".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join