It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT’S OFFICIAL: Trump starts his own NEWS show featuring Kaleigh McEnany

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The difference is that Trump is using other people to speak for him and using them to push his own agenda through them. A weekly address is totally different from a news show with journalists.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

Us people have indeed gone mad. I agree 100% with that statement.

As someone else said, this is not just a weekly address by the president, this is a whole new beast. The President isn't doing the speaking. It's being put forth as "Real News". That's the problem I have with it.

I'm happy to hear the President speak all he wants. Not mouthpieces of a machine.

Except it isn't a new beast.
West Wing Week was a weekly sugar coated "look how great Obama is" voice over show.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The difference is that Trump is using other people to speak for him and using them to push his own agenda through them. A weekly address is totally different from a news show with journalists.

West Wing Week was voiced over too.
As I mentioned before one of the shows was even called "Thanks Obama"!
Good grief. You people continue to whine about and sensationalise what has been BAU for some time.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Funny thing.

I'd not even heard of West Wing Week until today.

I'll hope Trump's show fails to get my attention as well...but, here we are already.

And it was a podcast? Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is anyone being forced to watch it?

No.

So those against it are actually against free speech.

I laugh at your faces.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Trump News is more about..."The news of the week from Trump Tower" -with the lovely blonde anchor in a newsroom style setting claiming "Trump has clearly steered the economy back in the right direction." "For decades, a steady rise in immigration has depressed the wages of American workers..." - (Can I get a fact check please? Cause...I don't think that's true... hm...)

Why do so many people have a problem with blonde female news anchors. You say this as if this somehow makes it worse than what Obama did.

All of the claims you list against this are just that they may be wrong on what they say to people.

For example, you list a person saying the RAISE act won't be effective. This is the big nefarious complaint?

Then someone saying how evil this is because although it is accurate about how many jobs have been created under Trump, he FEELS this is more Obama's doing than Trump (lol).

Guess what, FDR in those fireside chats, he also pushed his policies. And guess what, there were people that disagreed with them.

Bush, Clinton, Obama; all of them had times where they pushed their agenda straight to the American people without opposing view points.

If you watch this and take it all as gospel, you would be foolish.

But to claim this is somehow nefarious is a joke.

"Worse than what Obama did" - why do you all have a problem with anything regarding "Obama"?????

Like I said - all modern Presidents, starting with FDR, did this kind of "public promotional address" to "get into the living rooms of Americans" and give statements of what was happening, military issues, policy rationale, etc. I clearly put up all those videos to demonstrate that.

What they DIDN'T do is have a statement by what is ostensibly a surrogate put out as a "Real News" versus "the media." This simultaneously cuts at the press, while wrapping "journalistic authority" around the "anchor" who is merely spouting unanswered talking points. The President is welcome to present his side of things, of course, but as a "news show?" -- That's just...North Korean weird, man...

As to taking the other President's weekly addresses as "gospel" - obviously, I don't. I merely wanted to give some history and perspective to the debate.

You don't think this "news" format takes things in a wholly different direction than anything before? Personally, I don't think it's a good thing, but that is my opinion.

- AB

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow Trump is a genius he gets people to accept state run news. Even calling it real news. Who would of thought people would fall for that one wow.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AboveBoard

Are you going to watch it?

For the love of....GAH! Of COURSE I watched it before I posted, Cowboy!!!

Just....GAH!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Watching the anti Trump people shift their criticism of this is hilarious.

"Trump has a state run news channel!"

Um this is only a newsletter sort of thing.

"Well still, its state run and the end of free press"

It not funded with state money. And PBS and NPR and Voice of america are all state funded media.

"But its still unprecedented to have a President do something like this.

FDR fireside chats, Obamas West wing week.

"But this may be on TV and thats different!"

Its a podcast on facebook.

"Ok, but it can have info that others disagree with that say how great Trump and his policies are"

Yes this is what FDR and Obama and every other President did with their messages directly to the people.

"Yeah, but it has a narrator and isn't Trump personally talking"

So did Obama's West wing week.

"Yeah. BUt.... It is an attractive blonde lady!"

Ok, you got us.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is anyone being forced to watch it?

No.

So those against it are actually against free speech.

I laugh at your faces.

I'm not saying they can't express themselves or have free speech. I'm not saying I'm being forced to watch it. I DO, however, think it is an unprecedented attempt at creating a vehicle to give saccharine pro-Trump cheerleading news.

I won't be watching it regularly if I can help it.

If people do watch it, do they think its really "news?" Do they think its really the "truth?"

They would be fools to do so...right? Just like Grambler said...

- AB

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Only time will tell just how different the two are. I guarantee you this news channel is going to stir the pot and create drama every week. I bet Trump is going to go out of his way to "trigger" liberals with the slant he uses on the show, his supporters will happily eat up the drama and let it fuel their rage.

Mind you, that is not all Trump supporters, just a few that I know of.
edit on 8/7/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It not funded with state money. And PBS and NPR and Voice of america are all state funded media.

"Ok, but it can have info that others disagree with that say how great Trump and his policies are"

Yes this is what FDR and Obama and every other President did with their messages directly to the people.

Ok, you got us.

Excuse me, Grambler. I came into this conversation late. I introduced the long history of fireside chats. I openly acknowledged that media in various forms have been used by Presidents in the past.

What is strange is that you don't see how this is really, a "fake news" broadcast put out by the Trump administration's surrogates, and that if one honestly compares it to other Presidential media, including the podcast West Wing Week, it has differences that make it appear, deceptively so, like a news cast.

Can you agree that it is a poke in the eye at real journalists that Trump disagrees with because they don't present his point of view and laud his accomplishments the way he wants them to?

Sigh. Ya'll need to own up to it being a different kind of media promotional by a President / Party.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I heard that Trump wants to interview George Webb personally on the show after he chats with Alex Jones first

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Ok, you got us.

Excuse me, Grambler. I came into this conversation late. I introduced the long history of fireside chats. I openly acknowledged that media in various forms have been used by Presidents in the past.

What is strange is that you don't see how this is really, a "fake news" broadcast put out by the Trump administration's surrogates, and that if one honestly compares it to other Presidential media, including the podcast West Wing Week, it has differences that make it appear, deceptively so, like a news cast.

Can you agree that it is a poke in the eye at real journalists that Trump disagrees with because they don't present his point of view and laud his accomplishments the way he wants them to?

Sigh. Ya'll need to own up to it being a different kind of media promotional by a President / Party.

It wasn't just directed at you.

Yes, your contribution to posting both your opinion and the history was valued to me at least.

Notice that I said that this would be a joke, and anyone who thinks it will be fair news is very gullible.

Yes I think Trump is doing this because he thinks the media is unfair to him.

No I do not see how its any different because it is set up like a news show. That difference is superficial, and in no way makes it more nefarious than past administrations.

If you are worried about the integrity of the MSM, I could point you to far more pressing issues than this. Maybe check out wikileaks on how they collude with certain candidates while maintaining the appearance of independents.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Only time will tell just how different the two are. I guarantee you this news channel is going to stir the pot and create drama every week. I bet Trump is going to go out of his way to "trigger" liberals with the slant he uses on the show, his supporters will happily ever up the drama and let it fuel their ego.

Mind you, that is not all Trump supporters, just a few that I know of.

The way i see it is that there is a problem that he is addressing. The MSM is biased and will not cover successes and we're seeing companies like Twitter and Google censor Conservatives. That means Trump has little option but to get his message to the people through any and all means necessary.

There would be no need if the US had an unbiased media.

Will he "trigger" liberals? Yes, sure he will - but no matter what he does in the current political climate he is going to trigger liberals so why worry about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I agree this is hitting a little close to say Putin who controls the state media the same exact way. If someone talks about corruption he puts out counter news denying the claim. He just let's the state run media fight for him

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I agree this is hitting a little close to say Putin who controls the state media the same exact way. If someone talks about corruption he puts out counter news denying the claim. He just let's the state run media fight for him

CNN beats RT any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Admitted

It was started by his daughter in law, not Trump. It is neither state run, tax-payer funded, nor curated by the administration as far as I can tell.

Either way, it is no more than a glorified press release.

His daughter-in-law hosts the show.

"Donald Trump launches new 'real news' show with his daughter-in-law to list his achievements."

Even if it weren't Trump who started this thing - he sure as hell gave the go ahead.

It needn't be state-run, tax-payer funded nor curated by the administration. It's a show RUN by the President. It doesn't matter how it's paid for. It's coming from the President or, at least, approved by, the President. That's not OK. It's propaganda pure and simple.

To think...his tweeting used to bug me....lol...the good old days...

It was launched by Lara Trump. She's not a part of the administration. Even if I did concede that Trump gave them the "approval", of which there is no evidence, I would have to ask what is false about it?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

It's state-run mutiny against the state!! LOL

A cold, civil war against the Corpocracy.

or

We could go back to this model:

US sets new record for denying, censoring government files

March 18th 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration set a new record again for more often than ever censoring government files or outright denying access to them last year under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act, according to a new analysis of federal data by The Associated Press.

With Trump, his life and administration have been an open book!!

Well, except for those taxes.

That's right. The transparency has been something people have been opening for for decades. What don't we know about the president? I know what he said to the Mexican and Australian presidents in a private phone call, and I'm not even American! The enemies of America no longer need spies.
edit on 7-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow, state run media is now real in the United States. What a time to be alive!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join