It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gospel According to the GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This Gospel is an expansion of the concept of an Eternal Capital, as stated in the 2016 RNC Party Platform.

Therefore, support for Israel is an expression of Americanism, and it is the responsibility of our government to advance policies that reflect Americans’ strong desire for a relationship with no daylight between America and Israel. We recognize Jerusalem as the eternal and indivisible capital of the Jewish state and call for the American embassy to be moved there in fulfillment of U.S. law.

In the beginning was the City.
The City was with the god and co-eternal with the god.
All things that were created were created by the god for the City.
Nothing was created without reference to the City.
All things outside the city, not under subjection to the City are evil.

And the god said, "Let there be light." And there was light.
And it was good.
There was Evening and morning - the first day.

The god saw the City and said, "You shall be called Jerusalem, for you are founded on Evening.
You have precedence over morning, because you have existed before morning.
Therefore, he who rises on the morning of the first day is subservient to you.
He is not greater than you, for you are before all creation.

"Look ahead to the end.
In a land of heathens will arise a mighty nation.
That nation will submit to him who rises on the first day.
By submitting they will submit to you, oh Jerusalem the Eternal,
For Evening precedes Morning and has the supremacy over all."
------------------
A re-writing of John Chapter 1 and Genesis chapter 1, reflecting GOP principles.

Jerusalem, Jerusalem über alles, über alles in der Welt.

edit on 7-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I'm not sure what your point is..

You might add a conclusion at the end before the edit expires.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was thinking of posting this video on the first post.
But I think it should be separated from the GOP Gospel.

"Morning Has Broken" "Morning Has Broken" is a popular and well-known Christian hymn first published in 1931. It has words by English author Eleanor Farjeon and is set to a traditional Scottish Gaelic tune known as "Bunessan" (it shares this tune with the 19th century Christmas Carol "Child in the Manger"). It is often sung in children's services.

Obviously not an American GOP song.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'm not sure what your point is..

The GOP is full on Zionist.
Maybe Christians who consider that Jesus the Christ is greater than any city or nation should consider leaving the GOP.

The phrase, "Come out from among them, my people" comes to mind.

I myself am a heathen, condemned to death by every form of Biblical Christianity there is, except for the most extreme liberal forms which are also condemned by the most powerful and influential in America (in Worldly power and influence).

You might add a conclusion at the end before the edit expires.

I wanted the GOP Gospel to stand alone without comment. Civilized discussion is thereby removed from the base premise.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Question:

Do Liberals support Islam because Conservatives support Israel?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

why do the christians support Today's Isreal's claim over jerusalem and yet, constantly deny the native american claim to lands that have far newer documents signed by our forefathers proclaiming the land to belonging to the natives???
both Isreal and Judah lost those lands very long ago, before there was a United States, or Great Britain. if the truth be told many of those palestinians might be more jewish than the european jews that have been given title to their lands.
if the christians justification is that well....
God gave them that land till the end of time, the bible says so..
well, the natives can also claim that their God gave them the american continents!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Do Liberals support Islam because Conservatives support Israel?

2016 Democratic Party Platform July 21, 2016
. . .
A strong and secure Israel is vital to the United States
because we share overarching strategic interests and the common values of democracy, equality,
tolerance, and pluralism. That is why we will always support Israel’s right to defend itself,
including by retaining its qualitative military edge, and oppose any effort to delegitimize Israel,
including at the United Nations or through the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement.

We will continue to work toward a two-state solution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
negotiated directly by the parties that guarantees Israel’s future as a secure and democratic
Jewish state with recognized borders and provides the Palestinians with independence,
sovereignty, and dignity. While Jerusalem is a matter for final status negotiations, it should
remain the capital of Israel, an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths. Israelis deserve
security, recognition, and a normal life free from terror and incitement. Palestinians should be
free to govern themselves in their own viable state, in peace and dignity.

The Democrats seem quite supportive of Israel based on their platform. They have the undivided city wording but lack the religiously motivated Eternal City wording.

I'm sure there are many Liberals who support BDS and may even vote Democrat even though the platform doesn't support it.

As for supporting Islam, each person should say for themselves.

Personally, all monotheisms tend toward intolerant theocracy. I don't favor theocracy. So I don't support Islam. I support strong human law that stands in the way of theocracy( the U.S. Constitution for example).

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well there is a slight difference there. Letting the Native Americans have their land back means vacating American land. Well that violates the "God Bless America" belief, so we can't be kicking Americans off of their land. For Jesus. Now with Jerusalem, they are Palestinians and not Americans so they can be kicked out no problem.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

it just doesn't make sense really...
they will use a book of age old myths to justify the displacement of the palistinians, but, well, they are still denying the validity of treaties they signed a few centuries ago..
if we all own the land that the gods gave our ancestors, then well.. there's probably a destroyed castle in germany somewhere I should be heading to.. and let the whatever tribe that had this land have it back!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That ship sailed during the first bush's run if memory serves.. maybe regean..

That doesn't hurt them with Christians..

It's because of Christian influence that it was installed.

It's definitely nonsensical and obviously propaganda meant to motivate the Christian voting block..

This reminds me of a buddy that wanted to run for alderman as a republican..he was mad about some kid shot by police under shady circumstances..

The thing is the right isn't gonna care one smudge about the issue that was motivating them..

The right almost always backs the cops and demonizes the victim..

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That ship sailed during the first bush's run if memory serves.. maybe regean..

Except there has been a change.

How Donald Trump and the GOP Dropped the Two-State Solution for Mideast Peace

Days before the Cleveland convention, GOP leaders and presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump have found a rare bit of common ground: ditching decades of bipartisan U.S. foreign policy calling for the creation of an independent Palestine.

The shift came when the Republican Platform Committee unanimously approved an Israel-Palestine provision Tuesday night that had a striking omission: any reference to a two-state solution to the long-running conflict. The platform instead uses staunchly pro-Israel language that promises to oppose any outside efforts to force Jerusalem into a deal.

The new platform language was drafted with not only the blessing but the intimate involvement of two of Trump’s closest aides, Jason Greenblatt and David Friedman, according to several sources behind the effort. The two men are Trump’s primary Israel advisors.

The successful push to eliminate the two-state language was led by a broad if seemingly unlikely coalition that included Sen. Ted Cruz’s national security advisor; a Mormon state representative from South Carolina; and a Jewish former media executive who runs a super PAC called Iron Dome Alliance, a reference to Israel’s storied Iron Dome missile defense system.

The thing is the right isn't gonna care one smudge about the issue that was motivating them..

The right almost always backs the cops and demonizes the victim..

Is that like, "Once you choose the right, all other thoughts and opinions just seem to naturally fall in line?"

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

they will use a book of age old myths to justify the displacement of the palistinians, but, well, they are still denying the validity of treaties they signed a few centuries ago..

When I was young and acting the hooligan my mother had two threats she would say:

1) "I'm going to sell you to the Joneses"
or
2) "I'm going to give you back to the Indians."

I found a book once about big scandals in America, back when big scandals were considered big as opposed to common place. Turns out that there had been a case in one of the Southeastern states about 2 years before I was born. The Joneses were actually buying children to be farm workers, about 16 by the time they were caught.

I don't know how she could have carried out the second threat, because the previous inhabitants in the place of my birth had already been genocided for about 80 years.

there's probably a destroyed castle in germany somewhere I should be heading to.. and let the whatever tribe that had this land have it back!!

My family name appears in the Roll of Battle Abbey. I should have some piece of the spoils. "Step aside you Anglish, the Normans have returned from exile in America!" /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I myself am a heathen, condemned to death by every form of Biblical Christianity there is, except for the most extreme liberal forms which are also condemned by the most powerful and influential in America (in Worldly power and influence

The bible does not condemn you, nor should Christians
That's just silly
Your actions are what leads to judgement

Anyway, the simple idea that Israel makes a great military base for the US and their never ending wars in the region doesn't even cause a flicker in your reasoning!
really?
edit on 7-8-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The Gospel is a personal thing. You either believe or you don't, and judgment falls accordingly. Don't pretend this isn't the case with every other belief system out there.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

This Gospel is an expansion of the concept of an Eternal Capital, as stated in the 2016 RNC Party Platform.

Therefore, support for Israel is an expression of Americanism, and it is the responsibility of our government to advance policies that reflect Americans’ strong desire for a relationship with no daylight between America and Israel. We recognize Jerusalem as the eternal and indivisible capital of the Jewish state and call for the American embassy to be moved there in fulfillment of U.S. law.

You must have been a bitter little bugger when you were in knickers. Not only being mean spirited but also not reading your history.

While President Franklin D. Roosevelt appeared to be sympathetic to the Jewish cause, his assurances to the Arabs that the United States would not intervene without consulting both parties caused public uncertainty about his position. When Harry S. Truman took office, he made clear that his sympathies were with the Jews and accepted the Balfour Declaration, explaining that it was in keeping with former President Woodrow Wilson's principle of "self-determination." Truman initiated several studies of the Palestine situation that supported his belief that, as a result of the Holocaust, Jews were oppressed and also in need of a homeland. Throughout the Roosevelt and Truman administrations, the Departments of War and State, recognizing the possibility of a Soviet-Arab connection and the potential Arab restriction on oil supplies to this country, advised against U.S. intervention on behalf of the Jews.

At midnight on May 14, 1948, the Provisional Government of Israel proclaimed a new State of Israel. On that same date, the United States, in the person of President Truman, recognized the provisional Jewish government as de facto authority of the Jewish state (de jure recognition was extended on January 31, 1949). The U.S. delegates to the U.N. and top-ranking State Department officials were angered that Truman released his recognition statement to the press without notifying them first. On May 15, 1948, the first day of Israeli Independence and exactly one year after UNSCOP was established, Arab armies invaded Israel and the first Arab-Israeli war began.
Unquote
source - www.archives.gov...[/url]

Roosevelt and Truman were Republicans ? - Where did Christianity come into this? Are you sure this belongs in this forum?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I didn't want to bust his bubble that a lot of this stuff starts with Democrats.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Roosevelt and Truman were Republicans ? - Where did Christianity come into this?

You know very well we are talking about the current Republican party. Almost no democrats today care about Israel, and that makes no sense because they are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You must have been a bitter little bugger when you were in knickers. Not only being mean spirited but also not reading your history.

Americans typically don't use the term knickers. So I'm not sure what item of clothing you are referring to. I wore cotton brief underwear, and short pants that were referred to as jungle shorts. Back when I was mean I wasn't reading History yet.

If you notice in the OP it is the 2016 RNC Party Platform, not Roosevelt or Truman. The thread does belong in Conspiracies in Religion because calling a city eternal is a religious statement as opposed to a historic statement.

Where did Christianity come into this?

1830s John Nelson Darby, Plymouth Brethren in Ireland and England, took off like gangbusters 1900 in U.S. See Dispensationalism. Big boost in 1970s. Been gaining greater market share percentage each year since.
edit on 8-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I didn't want to bust his bubble that a lot of this stuff starts with Democrats.

i found democrats to be just as god fearing just not as preachy as republicans.

unnerves me that fundies that believe in the fire and brimstone ending of revelations (w. bush) get their hands on the nuclear football.
to quote bill hicks, 'let me be your servant lord'.
someone like trump, a proven fraudster, is happy to say what he thinks is popular to his acolytes.
being divorced and eating cheeseburgers equals a one way trip to sulphur city so the orange one is going down yet does jump on the jesus bandwagon when he sees his braindead masses wearing crucifixes.

then again american politics is fuelled by a do as i say don't do as i do mantra.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Until some U.S. Republican Christian shows up bristling with moral outrage and righteous indignation to condemn me quite soundly for distorting the holy Gospel I will take it as confirmed that I have accurately depicted their belief system.

I rewrote the opening of the Gospel of John, substituting the City for the Word, and GOP Christians have no problem with that. Astounding!

Why? All that I am left to conclude is that as long as something sounds like it reflects their belief system they have no objection.

Republican Christians are so obsessed with a physical city and its role in the end of human history according to their belief system that they don't mind one bit that a couple of Zionist Jews put religious words in the party platform.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join