It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Care to show me backup for that...

Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure › TITLE II. PRELIMINARY PROCEEDINGS › Rule 5.1 Preliminary Hearing

Rule 5.1 Preliminary Hearing

(a) In General. If a defendant is charged with an offense other than a petty offense, a magistrate judge must conduct a preliminary hearing unless:

(1) the defendant waives the hearing;

(2) the defendant is indicted;

(3) the government files an information under Rule 7(b) charging the defendant with a felony;

(4) the government files an information charging the defendant with a misdemeanor; or

www.law.cornell.edu...
Because you're wrong

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This ISNT the same kind you were on.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OH...

This MIGHT be why on July 31st:

The Republican National Committee is telling its staff to preserve all documents related to the 2016 presidential campaign because of the possibility that they may be requested by investigators probing Russia's meddling in the election.

Link

Kinda backpage news...but the PIECES are now falling into place...

Mueller must think he HAS a case...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You just backed up my argument. What is your issue?

If the federal government wishes to bring fourth federal felony charges and/or discover, obtain legally, more evidence or ultimately provide an indictment, it must go through a GJ.

Perhaps you wish to point out where I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: DanteGaland

Grand Juries indict so often because the only evidence presented is the prosecution's.

They can indict a ham sandwich.

Good I say, let them get into the russian connection with that meeting.

Let's see how far they get with all the connections of GPS , the russian lawyer, the guy that set it up and the DNC connections.

There is a lot of places where this can go from just that meeting.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Ever served on a GJ?

I'll hint you in on something. The GJ doesn't generally go looking for more information. However, the prosecutors and attorneys will under the permission of the GJ.

Also, I SAID, the reason for such a high indictment rate is because the entire case is framed by the prosecution.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
So it gets leaked that a grand jury is impaneled and who its looking at yet nothing leaks with info to put it into proper context.

Yeah. Well, the name Mueller seems to be pretty common with you Krauts overseas. Did they just pile up to form that nothing-spear of destiny? Funny story... for a Kraut.

Is it a fitting tune for this weird Game of Thrones? We want actual milk, what do you call that?

#Nothing-drink-for-my-nothing-burger

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ever served on a GJ?

I'll hint you in on something. The GJ doesn't generally go looking for more information. However, the prosecutors and attorneys will under the permission of the GJ.

Also, I SAID, the reason for such a high indictment rate is because the entire case is framed by the prosecution.

Ever severed on a FEDERAL GJ? Similar to THIS one?

Someone's about to get Muell-dozed...

edit on 3-8-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No I didn't back up your argument. Federal law clearly states a defendant is charged they are entitled to a preliminary hearing UNLESS they have been indicted. It says NOTHING about felonies requiring grand juries. Are you really that frickin dense?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: JinMI

Ever served on a GJ?

Ever severed on a FEDERAL GJ? Similar to THIS one?

You seem to be equating Grand Jury to conviction.

As you've told over and over, it's very easy to indict someone when all they get is the prosecution's case and none of the defense.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is the logical next step in the investigation, to run it by the Grand Jury. I still hold to my belief that we wont know anything for weeks atleast, but I do believe as I have for awhile that Mueller believes he has a very strong case on someone, or more than 1 person. Not going to claim to know exactly who, but I think the signs are pointing to someone having done something big wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Trump is just touching down ... some place
Which will inevitably be so beautiful

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...
Trump the Younger has to 'explain' things

Will this hearing of Trump the Younger
be on cspan an such like ?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Federal Grand Juries, like all grand juries, are made up of citizens. It's the luck of the draw. Some particularly astute jurors may be on the panel. It may also be a panel of dunces. I'm not sure what you're getting at

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

It says NOTHING about felonies requiring grand juries. Are you really that frickin dense?

As I said, a preliminary hearing does not indicate indictment. No use for a prelim if you are already indicted.

Are you really that frickin dense?

Amendment V No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

We on the same page now?

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Ever severed on a FEDERAL GJ?

Yes, for too long!

Similar to THIS one?

I'm not at liberty to say.

Your opinion, like everyone elses....vary.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well all caught up ...This thread bolted like the "wire tapped" thread and I was concerned I would spend days catching up .Facts are going to be few and far between so it will mostly be mud . The thing to watch is the color of mud from the MSN .It might give us a hint as to how Muler/Comey are wanting to bend this . Their team has some mighty big pot holes to avoid and that is probably why the Clinton / lawyer team .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
DEAD stories don't get grand juries...

They obviously haven't found any evidence of collusion because they're not even going down that path and combing financial records to find something.

This doesn't mean anything except they're expanding because they still haven't found much.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No offense, but you all fall for this political theatre like fools.

If TPTB wanted Trump out he'd be gone already. If the Dems had anything on Trump he'd be gone already.

You're all falling for the same tricks again, over and over.

When the Demo are in power the Republicans fire up their base and vice versa.

NOTHING WILL COME OF THIS AND IT'S ALL DESIGNED TO GET YOU TO THE TWO PARTY POLLS NEXT ELECTION.

Enjoy your theatre.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Grand Juries indict so often because the only evidence presented is the prosecution's.

They can indict a ham sandwich.

Good I say, let them get into the russian connection with that meeting.

Let's see how far they get with all the connections of GPS , the russian lawyer, the guy that set it up and the DNC connections.

There is a lot of places where this can go from just that meeting.

You raised an interesting point that I over looked. This is a double edged sword for Democrats. Since the Russia narrative was started by Democrats should this make it into the inside of a courtroom they will be able to call witness and secure evidence.

I doubt certain democrats are going to want their dirty laundry forced out into the open where they cant control the narrative.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: bknapple32
Mueller drops this bomb AS SOON as Trump starts his vacay... . Effing brilliant

Yet not surprising... They are bound and determined to get rid of Trump. Since grand jury proceedings are secret we once again have another leak.

Thomas Zeno, a federal prosecutor for 29 years before becoming a lawyer at the Squire Patton Boggs law firm, said the grand jury is “confirmation that this is a very vigorous investigation going on.”

“This doesn’t mean he is going to bring charges,” Mr. Zeno cautioned. “But it shows he is very serious. He wouldn’t do this if it were winding down.”

A leak...of what? That there is a grand jury? They just issued subpoenas so it wasn't going to remain quiet for much longer. This is Mueller indicating that the investigation is over and their evidence is ready for review by the legal system.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join