It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Comey said Trump wasn't even under investigation, does this Grand Jury even pertain to Trump himself?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beaux

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: bknapple32
Mueller drops this bomb AS SOON as Trump starts his vacay... . Effing brilliant

Yet not surprising... They are bound and determined to get rid of Trump. Since grand jury proceedings are secret we once again have another leak.

Thomas Zeno, a federal prosecutor for 29 years before becoming a lawyer at the Squire Patton Boggs law firm, said the grand jury is “confirmation that this is a very vigorous investigation going on.”

“This doesn’t mean he is going to bring charges,” Mr. Zeno cautioned. “But it shows he is very serious. He wouldn’t do this if it were winding down.”

A leak...of what? That there is a grand jury? They just issued subpoenas so it wasn't going to remain quiet for much longer. This is Mueller indicating that the investigation is over and their evidence is ready for review by the legal system.

Grand Jury investigations / subpoenas / witnesses / targets are secret. A Grand Jury is used because Mueller can't issue subpoenas nor place people under oath. If the investigation were over you would see an indictment or no indictment.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
His comments tonight in WV, in response to the Grand Jury, are so dangerous.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

What did he say

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What did he say / got a video link to the part in question?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'll look for the video. Just saw a clip on the news. Basically that "they" don't respect the people or elections or the Constitution. He was talking about D.C., not Russians.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

99 percent is even more than the one I was on...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'll look for the video. Just saw a clip on the news. Basically that "they" don't respect the people or elections or the Constitution. He was talking about D.C., not Russians.

The truth often can be dangerous.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Has there been any evidence since the election that anyone in DC has respected outcome of the election?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity 19m19 minutes ago

Special Counsel Mueller is reportedly impaneling a grand jury on the Russia probe… @SaraCarterDC & @GreggJarrett react at 10pm #Hannity

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Has there been any evidence since the election that anyone in DC has respected outcome of the election?

I'll take outer planets for $500 Alex...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been covered, I skipped some of the 20 pages and haven't looked at any of the news stories because the OP opens with unnamed sources so I don't want to waste my time if it's all built on that. It appears everyone talking about this is news agencies leading back to unnamed sources.

So, is there anything legitimately, unquestionably official to speak of about this "impaneling" (yay new buzzword) going down? Anything on a .gov site?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Conjecture and hearsay. Nothing tangible nor will there be until there is an indictment or the GJ is dissolved.

There is always the possibility of leaks as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
I get the possibility of leaks but if this is happening, and I could be wrong here, it's a matter of public record, right? So there should be something official about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: bknapple32
Mueller drops this bomb AS SOON as Trump starts his vacay... . Effing brilliant

Yet not surprising... They are bound and determined to get rid of Trump. Since grand jury proceedings are secret we once again have another leak.

Actually, I'm not entirely convinced that Trump will be directly part of any of this, unless they can find wrongdoing in Comey's firing. In that case, that's on Trump and cannot blame anyone but him.

Anyway, if true, this is a very interesting development. This is where indictments start coming if the evidence to do so is present.

Follow.

The.

Money.

Why do you think Trump screams like a stuck pig every time his Tax Returns are mentioned?

(IANAL but... I am pretty sure that the Grand Jury can subpoena IRS records)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know there is a difference between a federal GJ and a state county one but I bet not much

We had a lot of power as members of a GJ we would never utilize. The jurors, in a state of manipulation and vast ignorance, are just controlled by the prosecutors and court official members. In theory, I recall, we could start investigations on our own but those people, pawns of the prosecutors, would never do that.

It s a passive/aggressive affair that’s amazingly ridiculous.

The jurors turn into Archie Bunkers and have nil consciousness of rights, it’s a degrading experience, believe me.

A GJ in theory is an investigative body but in practice its an indictment machine

Mueller is going after some heads.

What I concluded from the experience is that what this country needs is professional Grand jurors who really utilize their constitutional powers. But they'll never have that because were in a police state.

Trump is right to be afraid

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents
a reply to: JinMI

How about from one of the lawyers?

Preet Bharara‏Verified account @PreetBharara 51m51 minutes ago

Not sure why all the hyperventilating re: Russia grand jury. Mueller hired 16 prosecutors. Of course there would be GJ. This will take time.

edit on 3-8-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Does this have something to do with his vacation??

Maybe they're giving him time to figure out some way to leave on his own or something???

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Trump got 11,000 votes in DC.

Hillary got 260,000.

How many on the GJ does anyone think might be non partisan?

Totally stacked.

Change of venue if it comes down to a trial.

edit on 8 3 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 3 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Maybe, if there's a list on a legitimate .gov site out there with the 16 prosecutors and Mr. Bharara is on that list then sure. But without that it's just another person making a claim.

I'm not above being wrong and I have been about legitimate government dealings before. But I'm never willing to believe anything when the news agencies just say it without something official. I'm just skeptical.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Noncents because: Removed Unnecessary Text

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join