It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I know there is a difference between a federal GJ and a state county one but I bet not much

We had a lot of power as members of a GJ we would never utilize. The jurors, in a state of manipulation and vast ignorance, are just controlled by the prosecutors and court official members. In theory, I recall, we could start investigations on our own but those people, pawns of the prosecutors, would never do that.

It s a passive/aggressive affair that’s amazingly ridiculous.

The jurors turn into Archie Bunkers and have nil consciousness of rights, it’s a degrading experience, believe me.

A GJ in theory is an investigative body but in practice its an indictment machine

Mueller is going after some heads.

What I concluded from the experience is that what this country needs is professional Grand jurors who really utilize their constitutional powers. But they'll never have that because were in a police state.

Trump is right to be afraid

A grand jury is completely one sided and there's no chance for defense. This is a coupe d'etat and every American should be afraid.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: JinMI
I get the possibility of leaks but if this is happening, and I could be wrong here, it's a matter of public record, right? So there should be something official about it.

Anything that happens within the GJ room is completely secret.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Noncents
a reply to: JinMI

How about from one of the lawyers?

Preet Bharara‏Verified account @PreetBharara 51m51 minutes ago

Not sure why all the hyperventilating re: Russia grand jury. Mueller hired 16 prosecutors. Of course there would be GJ. This will take time.

Patting his own back. Clearly no bias in that statement.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Of course special counsel would say that. If you act surprised or scared, you seem weak. Trump does not hire weak, Ill give him that.

Nothing has stuck so far....why would he care now? If you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about.

Because even if you are innocent the media continues to spout bs and as we see on this board daily, if the TV says it - it must be true. look at Russia, 0 evidence of anything. Nothing but rumor and gossip that has been disproven time and time again yet the TV and the Democrats have managed to saturate the airwaves and Trumps presidency with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

I know there is a difference between a federal GJ and a state county one but I bet not much

We had a lot of power as members of a GJ we would never utilize. The jurors, in a state of manipulation and vast ignorance, are just controlled by the prosecutors and court official members. In theory, I recall, we could start investigations on our own but those people, pawns of the prosecutors, would never do that.

The jurors turn into Archie Bunkers and have nil consciousness of rights, it’s a degrading experience, believe me.

A GJ in theory is an investigative body but in practice its an indictment machine

What I concluded from the experience is that what this country needs is professional Grand jurors who really utilize their constitutional powers. But they'll never have that because were in a police state.

A grand jury is completely one sided and there's no chance for defense. This is a coupe d'etat and every American should be afraid.

Yes but I think they can ask for a change of venue when it comes to a trial.

They will have to pick a jury from the new area.

So that is hopeful for team Trump.

ETA; we assume it will all be against Trumps team but even if it's the dems facing trial, a change of venue will be asked.

Not good news for the dems.

edit on 8 3 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Anything that happens within the GJ room is completely secret.

Good to know, thanks. Well that makes buying the story a little harder for me. I guess it's a matter of time waiting until somebody official says something about it for real.

Bummer. I don't like being in 'is this legitimate' limbo.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Baharata is on the team.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: mkultra11

Yes but I think they can ask for a change of venue when it comes to a trial.

They will have to pick a jury from the new area.

So that is hopeful for team Trump.

Trump has to get some parallel investigations going and make some power moves within his administration. The people need to force the Republicans to grow balls and defend the president or get voted out by Trump Republicans in 2018. Then the tides will change. It's literally asymmetric warfare and our Democracy is under attack.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Baharata is on the team.

Awesome! According to whom other than news agencies and his own mouth?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

Baharata is on the team.

Awesome! According to whom other than news agencies and his own mouth?

Meet the all-star legal team who may take down Trump

* - Robert Mueller
* - James Quarles
* - Jeannie Rhee
* - Aaron Zebley
* - Greg Andres
* - Michael Dreeben
* - Preet Bharara
* - Andrew Weissmann
* - Lisa Page

A breakdown of some of the ;awyers he hired, who came from Holders / Lynch's DOJ

Any reason why you keep asking for confirmation when one of the lawyers whom is on the team confirmed it?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Baharata is on the team.

His tweets alone should disqualify him. The entire team should be disqualified. The entire investigation is a sham based on lies.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: bknapple32
Mueller drops this bomb AS SOON as Trump starts his vacay... . Effing brilliant

Yet not surprising... They are bound and determined to get rid of Trump. Since grand jury proceedings are secret we once again have another leak.

Actually, I'm not entirely convinced that Trump will be directly part of any of this, unless they can find wrongdoing in Comey's firing. In that case, that's on Trump and cannot blame anyone but him.

Anyway, if true, this is a very interesting development. This is where indictments start coming if the evidence to do so is present.

Follow.

The.

Money.

Why do you think Trump screams like a stuck pig every time his Tax Returns are mentioned?

(IANAL but... I am pretty sure that the Grand Jury can subpoena IRS records)

Yea they might see the deduction for Russian hacked information under his business expenses. Then what's he doing to do?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
They're doing this to drag through the next elections... pretty obvious. It's all show, no go.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Ok. The Vox link doesn't say who told them those people were on that team, at all. Actually several of the links used in the Vox article go back to phrases like, "according to people familiar with"...

And I'm sorry but now every time I see "according to people familiar with" used as a source I think of Moby. I wish it wasn't so, but that thread ruined it for me.

As for why I question it, I question everything. Especially news articles citing unnamed sources. Been burned too many times believing things that never happened to just buy anything any more. Not possible for me. If this is legitimate then someone legitimate will put their name behind it, stand up and say so.

I have no stake in whether this story itself is true or not. So we go to President Pence, I really don't care so long as he can do the job. It's more a matter of demanding proof when the news wants us to believe whatever they say. I refuse to do so without a valid reason.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

and yet Baharata, who is on the team, confirmed it.

But whatever works for you.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Baharata, who is on the team, because Vox said so without any source whatsoever? Then, at least in the quote you provided, doesn't even say he is on the team? Cool. No offense intended, I'll wait to see how this plays out and honestly hope I'm wrong. It would be nice if this is factual, leads to a legitimate investigation at the grand jury level and finally puts to bed, yay or nay, whether that whole ordeal was a thing or not.

Then we can all argue about whether or not we even believe the government to have a grand jury not lie to us. But I do honestly, without spite or sarcasm, appreciate your attempt to put a name behind this information.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Now that Trumps fall is imminent, we need to stop interacting with his supporters. Only way to take away the little power on the Internet that they have. A Trump supporter exists onlywhen they're allowed to interact back and forth like free thinking folks.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It would depend on the who and the what ...So far its only a Russian thing and a election thing that was all over the US .For all we know ,caugh caugh is that the Russians conspired with Hillary .In which case the case will go away very fast ...Then they can bury the Russian/Trump baby and call it natural crib death .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

They're doing this to drag through the next elections... pretty obvious. It's all show, no go.
I would hate to pay that legal bill .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: imitator

I would hate to pay that legal bill .

But surprise! As tax payers, we get to!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join