It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bi-Partisan Congressional Committee Will Work to FIX ObamaCare In September.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
August 1, 2017

Immediately following Summer vacation, Democrat and Republican Congressmen will work together, to try and FIX ObamaCare, before the September 27th deadline for 2018 health insurance plan finalization.

A Senate committee will hold a series of hearings next month on ways to fix Obamacare markets.

The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee will start the hearings the week of Sept. 4, according to the panel's chairman, Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn, and ranking member Patty Murray, D-Wa.

They said, "state insurance commissioners, patients, governors, health care experts and insurance companies" will give input. The senators did not say who, specifically, will testify.

What do you think will come out of this bi-partisan committee, and will they be able to do in 3 weeks, what Republicans couldn't do after 7 years of planning and promising? I hope so, because they have another week of vacation scheduled for October.

-CareWeMust
edit on 8/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What do you think will come out of this bi-partisan committee, and will they be able to do in 3 weeks, what Republicans couldn't do after 7 years of planning and promising?

If R's had a plan, we would have seen it. My opinion on what will come out is next to nothing for anyone paying. A little less for those receiving and a little kickback from insurance companies, pharma companies, med industries etc right to the committee! Yay, crony capitalism.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If it's bipartisan, they won't accomplish anything beneficial.

EDIT: anything beneficial to the constituents.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Didn't we have a bipartisan committee under Obama too?

Ah, yes ... Simpson-Bowles. Made all kinds of recommendations that were then subsequently ignored.

I expect this work about as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This gives them plenty of time to line-up the contribution schedules and appointments with Lobbyists.

But maybe we see some relief for the victims.

They might even be "approached" by Lobbying from not-so-subtle characters like:

Personal loans for medical expenses

Google: " medical loans " and see the market potentials !!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Summer Vacations!!! Seriously? I know most of them think like school children, but they are not in school. Government- Guys I know we have serious problem'S' in this country, but I don't think I am committed to solving it as fast as we can. OMG did you hear about what Trump tweeted this time?

Maybe it is time to take away a few of our rulers amenities, so they can learn a lesson. You know, like expel them from their offices. Treat them like the children they are acting like.
edit on 1-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If we are lucky Medicare for all...

Since we are obviously not lucky.. prob some garbage that doesn't even remotely address the problem..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep...

To include the GOP they stopped pushing for single payer and instead decided on Romney care..

Then none of the GOP voted for it anyway..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Simpson-Bowles was about controlling the debt and deficit.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Honesyltly maybe that really is the answer..

Besides ending lobbying..

Maybe the government should ONLY be interested in functionality..

Sell all the paintings and furniture..

Sell all the luxury items and properties..

All governments buildings become plain places with office funiture and cubicals..

Take away ANY celebrity concerning politicians and take it back to a job, not a royal title..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
.... In September?

How about in the second quarter of August?

Why do these idiots get paid so well to screw is so hard? The tax payers that support them have deadlines.

I say we bar them in and provide prison rations until they do their job.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just can't see any government committee getting something done in 3 weeks..or even 3 months.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JinMI

I just can't see any government committee getting something done in 3 weeks..or even 3 months.

Especially if it has to do with benefiting the plebes, ermm um, constituents.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
If it's bipartisan, they won't accomplish anything beneficial.

EDIT: anything beneficial to the constituents.

Depending on the make-up of the committee, the strongest personalities will win. I'll have to look into the composition.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's a good point. Even after they issue recommendations, the CBO will have to deliver their error-filled analysis, followed by a House vote, Senate vote, back to the House again...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No kidding. You just know that there will be lots of pork and pet-projects doled out to committee members. That will probably take 2 of the 3 weeks.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Yes..Summer vacation. Actually, it was cut short by 2 weeks by Mitch McConnell, so the Senate could get more work accomplished. We see how that's turning out! But they're making up for the lost time in October, November and December.

Congressional calendar 2017 - thehill.com...

It's incredibly sad that the most powerful governing body in the WORLD, only reports to the office 138 days per year.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

If we are lucky Medicare for all...

Since we are obviously not lucky.. prob some garbage that doesn't even remotely address the problem..

I truly hope that Medicare for anyone who is turned down by Free Market Private Health Insurance, will be one of the recommendations to come from this committee.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I thought Trump already said that unless they find a way to Repeal it that there would be no vacation for them.

If there is no vacation then there can be no coming back from vacation.

If there is no coming back from vacation there can be no bipartisan committee made to fix Obamacare.

Sort of a catch-22 IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I share your dismay, LordComac. The committee could start TOMORROW, if they wanted to! They already know the problems, and the potential solutions. It's just a matter of fixing each problem with a good long-term solution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join