It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bi-Partisan Congressional Committee Will Work to FIX ObamaCare In September.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: carewemust

You did a pretty good job explaining it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now it's the R's turn to follow in the D's footsteps.

It's surprising that Republican voters seem to be so relaxed, after being lied to so frequently by Republican leaders these past 8 years. Maybe when this committee adds a few more billion dollars in taxes, in order to "shore up" ObamaCare, there will be a more visible reaction.

You would rather we go out in the streets, don black masks and through rocks and firebombs through windows?

The time to express anger is at the ballot box and through the phone lines and email boxes. Other than that, we have families to support. Gotta go to work ... of course, this is my week off this month.

The "ballot box" doesn't occur until November 2018. Meanwhile, even the MSM is in shock over how much everyone's premium will increase on 1.1.2018.

www.foxnews.com...

Just got word that we're getting a 38% increase here in Illinois. This bi-partisan commission had better work FAST.

Yes ... isn't it funny how the ACA was awesome-sox while it was in danger of repeal, but now all of a sudden it's horrific and going to kill people ... now that they aren't getting rid of it that is.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Senator Lamar Alexander (the bi-partisan Committee chairperson) just said that modest the goals of the committee will be to

1.) Keep Premiums Down.

2.) Keep Health Insurers in the ObamaCare market.

What world is he in? Premiums are sky-high. 70% of Health Insurance companies have left the ObamaCare market, with Blue Cross Anthem announcing yesterday that they're leaving half of California on 1.1.2018.

He wants to achieve those "modest" goals before September 27th, so all is ready to go when 2018 Open Enrollment begins on November 1st. Give me a break Senator!

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nothing like Bi-Partisan reformist...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I like where you are going with this. This could work.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Oh, just move them to unused federal complex facilities in wonderful, scenic places like northern Alaska or Western Nebraska/Eastern Wyoming. Maybe some of the areas in the lesser populated Great Basin or the test range at White Sands would be appropriate too.

Why should federal employees be located in nice, cosmopolitan areas. We should aiming for a style and level of comfort called federal gulag.
edit on 2-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, I didn't say anyone was evil nor did I say anyone is wrong for having some investments.

All I did was explain that there is a difference between "Wealth Extraction" and "Wealth Creation" and that they are often times two phrases which are used in place of each other when they aren't the same thing.

We were talking about "Work" and I was saying that money made from Investing or interest payments or rent collection isn't money made from "Working". It's even called "Unearned Income". It is also taxed differently than "Working Income".

I didn't say it was evil.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In addition, Molina announced yesterday that it is leaving 3 states. And Aetna said today that exiting all remaining ObamaCare markets on December 31st, following a rise in profits, due to leaving most ObamaCare markets this year.

Yet Lamar Alexander, chairman of the Bi-Partisan commission, wants to "maintain" the exchanges. ObamaCare is almost in a Coma, Senator. Unless you have divine healing powers, it's best to pull the plug. Let the free-market get to work.

edit on 8/3/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
October 17, 2017

The Bi-Partisan commission reached agreement on an ObamaCare "fix" today.
What it does: www.politico.com...

Immediately, Senator Chuck Schumer PRAISED the deal as undoing "much of Trump's sabotage."
www.breitbart.com...

As expected, if Chuck LOVES IT, the deal must be better for Democrats than Republicans. Sure enough, Republicans are starting to examine the proposal and are smelling a rat...
Story: www.twincities.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Do away with it and let them compete across state lines like car insurance. Trust me they are making plenty of money.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Do away with it and let them compete across state lines like car insurance. Trust me they are making plenty of money.

Competing across state lines will do nothing more than "level the playing field".

For people in expensive California, their health insurance premiums will DROP.

For people in less expensive Michigan, their health insurance premiums will RISE.

To complicate matters, there would be "red lining"...parts of the country where no health insurance would be offered, due to such poor health of the citizens there.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Bi-Partisan commission is now attempting to get more into the compromise deal for Republicans. They are aiming to add Catastrophic-Copper plans to the mix of ObamaCare offerings.

Source - www.forbes.com...

Copper plans have a slightly higher deductible, but all the same "benefits" and "protections" as Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze ObamaCare plans.

It is these mandatory benefits/protections that make ObamaCare so expensive.. NOT the Deductible. Not by a long shot.

Here in Chicago, a Catastrophic-Copper plan for a 30 year-old, costs just 9 dollars a month less than the next level up...which is a Bronze plan.

Making Catastrophic-Copper available to those over age 30 will not lower the premium by much at all.

DUMB IDEA.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
October 24, 2017

President Trump is directing Congress to focus on passing Tax-Cuts/Tax-Reform, before revisiting ObamaCare.

Today, President Donald Trump steered Senate Republicans toward tax reform, and away from health care, pushing off any deal to fund controversial Obamacare subsidies to the end of the year at best.

Source Article: www.politico.com...

Since they've been "discussing" how to Fix and/or Repeal ObamaCare for 7 years, what's a couple more months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join