It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, it's mainly the terminology, slang, dialects, etc that confuse people (from my experience). I remember one sweet and gorgeous Muslim sister who was incredibly polite and righteous. She was an immigrant who'd come here completely by herself. I had a bit of a temper back then, but she was one of the few people who could make me melt in shame by calmly reminding me of how a "good" Muslim man was supposed to act.

But she would cuss up a storm at random! I mean f-bombs, "damn this", "hell no" that, etc. So one day I simply asked her why she said that stuff & told her it seemed to contradict everything else about her. She had no clue that they were "bad". So I had to explain where "profanity" and "vulgar" terms came from, as well explain to her how our cuss words came from curses (like "damn = damnation", "Damn ___ to Hell!" was basically commanding God to sentence something to damnation, etc). She almost started crying because she thought those things were just normal words.

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Your family has been here just as long as my own. I've even got the Native American thing going on, too. Blackfoot, but only 1/8, if that much...we're not sure that great grandparent was full blood, or not.

So, yeah, I'm curious as to why it is you have to leave, instead of some burger flipper doing their job correctly.

For the record, I don't actually think everyone else is an outsider. I understand that humans have been migrating all over the world for various reasons since we first showed up on Earth. I've just always found it odd & slightly funny when people would tell me things like "Go back to Africa", even though my bloodlines were probably here longer than theirs were.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
My distaste for islam is only obvious here because when was the last time you heard of someone that asked for no pickles in their burger but got them anyway going this apesht over it?

In fairness, Islam doesn't have the market on nutters cornered.
fox59.com...

A McDonald’s customer in New Mexico was not loving it when employees mistakenly put pickles on his order.

Police in Carlsbad say officers had to squash a public disturbance at the fast-food restaurant after the customer began harassing employees over the mistake.

Workers told police the man started yelling and throwing things off the restaurant’s counter.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

For the record, I don't actually think everyone else is an outsider. I understand that humans have been migrating all over the world for various reasons since we first showed up on Earth. I've just always found it odd & slightly funny when people would tell me things like "Go back to Africa", even though my bloodlines were probably here longer than theirs were.

That one's always been a mystery to me, as well. It applies to most everyone, anywhere, at anytime. Especially somewhere like these "United" States...built on immigration, of all sorts, as it was.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

LOL The last time I checked, this country has freedom of religion in the 1st Amendment of our Constitution. In other words, it's none of your business why I accept Islam. Back to my question though. Why should I leave if I don't want someone intentionally adding bacon to my food if I order it without bacon?

Gee, isn't that what I just said? Yup, it is.

If you read my posts you'll note that I've said quite plainly that I think the staff should be fired for inappropriate behavior.

But these people have gone into a fast food joint knowing that non-halal ingredients are used and made the silly assumption that their own food wouldn't touch it. What if the staff merely wiped the bacon on the buns, or hid it better? Would the world have caved in for them and blood spurted from their eyeballs?

People who ask for no pickle often get pickle and does the world end for them? Eyeball blood?

My distaste for islam is only obvious here because when was the last time you heard of someone that asked for no pickles in their burger but got them anyway going this apesht over it?

Them you never met me my son has an alergic reaction to pickles. And I have when the restaurant made a mistake go apesht.

That little mistake could cost me minimum a night in the emergency room. People have every reason to expect something they are paying for to be the way they want it. If you have employees unable to carry out someone's requests they need to be fired.

(post by Gryphon66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No one has the "nutter" bases covered when it comes to religion and Mickey D's it seems ...

Conservative Christians Panic over Rainbow Fries - Patheos

Feuerstein, the Facebook evangelist who once called on Christians to assassinate abortion providers, is apoplectic with rage at McDonald’s modest nod towards the LGBT community. In a furious Facebook rant the former televangelist and pastor declared: (DISGUSTING! McDonald’s released their RAINBOW FRIES today in honor of GAY PRIDE! Im tired of corporations trying to influence our families like this. SHARE THIS and let people know to STOP EATING at McDonalds! Plus, their food is crap. Really.)

What makes Feuerstein’s childish rant even more absurd is that only minutes before the conservative Christian shared a meme explaining that his page is not for those that are “easily offended and looking for a ‘safe space,’” telling them to “move along snowflake.”

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Bottom line: Joshua Feuerstein – anti-gay, conservative Christian, hypocrite, special snowflake.

increasingly wealthy... Feuerstein makes outlandish statements and raises a ruckus because he makes money by doing so. Hmmm... wonder if the same is true of the family in this story? Makes you think...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Lots of people have dietary restrictions based on their personal beliefs.

Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe 95% of the same things, they use the same stories from basically the same books.

Jews and Muslims don't believe in the Divinity of Jesus, but honor him as a great man and servant of God.

Many Christians, however, don't seem to be able to give the Jews and Muslims the same respect.

To someone like me, of course, it's all nutty; but we are all Americans and everyone has the right to believe as they wish, practice as they wish OR NOT.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Gryphon66

Bottom line: Joshua Feuerstein – anti-gay, conservative Christian, hypocrite, special snowflake.

increasingly wealthy... Feuerstein makes outlandish statements and raises a ruckus because he makes money by doing so. Hmmm... wonder if the same is true of the family in this story? Makes you think...

Right.

Anything to cast aspersions on them, right? I mean, it's just IMPOSSIBLE it seems for you to believe that this family went into a McDonalds, had some bigot think they were striking out at "da Terrorists" by putting little strips of bacon in their FOURTEEN sandwiches.

Nah. It's got to be that the family was driving from McDonald's to McDonald's just waiting for some "random accident" to happen FOURTEEN TIMES IN A ROW, so that they can sue and get rich ... like fricking bloodsucking evangelists.

Sure, that seems reasonable.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Anything to cast aspersions on them, right? I mean, it's just IMPOSSIBLE it seems for you to believe that this family went into a McDonalds, had some bigot think they were striking out at "da Terrorists" by putting little strips of bacon in their FOURTEEN sandwiches.

The ridiculous irony here is that I've made zero posts in this thread indicating whether I believe the story or not. You've assumed a great deal, however.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Lots of people have dietary restrictions based on their personal beliefs.

Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe 95% of the same things, they use the same stories from basically the same books.

Jews and Muslims don't believe in the Divinity of Jesus, but honor him as a great man and servant of God.

Many Christians, however, don't seem to be able to give the Jews and Muslims the same respect.

To someone like me, of course, it's all nutty; but we are all Americans and everyone has the right to believe as they wish, practice as they wish OR NOT.

I juse find it ironic that people are trying to defend employees that literally attacked this family. They believed they were doing something to hurt them as some sort if retribution for their misguided beliefs. If the family decided to see then they obviously felt management did not look out for their best intrests

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The ridiculous irony here is that I've made zero posts in this thread indicating whether I believe the story or not. You've assumed a great deal, however.

I haven't assumed anything; I've responded as you posted. If you're looking for a he said/he said cut-and-paste tiff you won't get it from me.

It doesn't matter to me what you "believe" ... what you've posted here is that you don't care about these people's beliefs or that they were basically attacked for those beliefs by some kid at McD's and have said anything you can to discredit their story.

No reason to back up now.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Indeed.

edit on 3-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Not exactly. Christians believe that salvation is through Jesus and because of Jesus' sacrifice. I'd say the foundation of Christianity is built on the same foundation as Judaism and Islam, in so much as all 3 observe the Torah/Tawrat as the Word of God given to Moses by God. At this point Islam diverges from Judaism and Christianity in so much as the Quranic writings teach that the rest of the Tanakh as well as the New Testament are more along the lines of a historical document than directly the Word of God. Christians follow Judaism through the entire Tanakh (Old Testament in Christian terms), but the meat and potatoes of our religious beliefs are all in the New Testament, as we believe that Jesus came to fulfill the Law (AKA the rules laid out for Jews in the Tanakh.)

I'd say that historically the three religions believe 95% the same is accurate, but theologically there's a much broader divide.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I haven't assumed anything; I've responded as you posted. If you're looking for a he said/he said cut-and-paste tiff you won't get it from me..

Of course I wont, because you can't provide direct quotes from me that back up your stated assumptions of my position. You're arguing from a position that dictates any absence of coddling and hand holding equates to bigotry and hatred, which is expected but still ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I haven't assumed anything; I've responded as you posted. If you're looking for a he said/he said cut-and-paste tiff you won't get it from me..

Of course I wont, because you can't provide direct quotes from me that back up your stated assumptions of my position. You're arguing from a position that dictates any absence of coddling and hand holding equates to bigotry and hatred, which is expected but still ridiculous.

Okay.

Thanks for your evaluation.

ETA: Oh, what the heck not much to lose here, eh

Are you saying that going into a fast food restaurant with the expectation that your food isn't going to be improperly meddled with is "coddling and holding hands" for someone?

That seems absurd. We should all have a reasonable expectation in the public sector that we will get what we pay for rather than being the targets of some sort of bigoted, childish action.

ETA: And since when is bigoted an insult when bigotry is being displayed??? If I were to express my own beliefs about the average American Christian I would be expressing bigotry. I am a bigot when it comes to religion; I have no issue saying it, and there shouldn't be any probelm when someone calls me on it.

Bigotry : intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Almost ALL of us here are bigots of one sort or another. Yet, when a bigot is called out on it, suddenly "handholding and coddling" is okay?

PFft.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In the interest of better communication, why don't you list out what you feel are my unsupported assumptions about your position?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Umm...yeah. I would be worried more about eating the McDonalds than offending my religion. So, since McDonalds has regional foods all over the world (Japan has crazy things) when are we going to see the first Allah Mac at a McD's in Minneapolis?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join