It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Umm...yeah. I would be worried more about eating the McDonalds than offending my religion. So, since McDonalds has regional foods all over the world (Japan has crazy things) when are we going to see the first Allah Mac at a McD's in Minneapolis?

What would an "Allah Mac" be composed of?

You're basically saying "God Mac" as Allah is simply the Arabic word for God.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, for starters, you've assumed that I don't care about religious freedoms... you've assumed that I'm trying to castigate the family this happened to, I'm not, but by the same token I'm also not automatically believing their story, either. You've assumed that I think it's "OK" for workers to put things in food against the order of the customer, I've not stated that anywhere... I simply think it's grossly lacking in perspective to compare this to someone pissing in a customer's soup or crapping in their burger.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

A God Mac would be McDonald's serving a 5 Guy's burger with triple bacon.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Is that was Allah means? Wow, thanks for letting me know....anyway, the point was when are we going to see the first Islamic Fast Food in a Major Chain.

I would think it would be Falafel. They can also have Hummus meals for the kids! Goat nuggets!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

A God Mac would be McDonald's serving a 5 Guy's burger with triple bacon.

As long as they don't hide or lie about the bacon ... yummm.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Is that was Allah means? Wow, thanks for letting me know....anyway, the point was when are we going to see the first Islamic Fast Food in a Major Chain.

I would think it would be Falafel. They can also have Hummus meals for the kids! Goat nuggets!

Always glad to help a friend!

We've got the equivalent of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern fast food in Atlanta ... so I guess it's already here.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well, for starters, you've assumed that I don't care about religious freedoms... you've assumed that I'm trying to castigate the family this happened to, I'm not, but by the same token I'm also not automatically believing their story, either. You've assumed that I think it's "OK" for workers to put things in food against the order of the customer, I've not stated that anywhere... I simply think it's grossly lacking in perspective to compare this to someone pissing in a customer's soup or crapping in their burger.

One of the first things you stated was that you didn't care about anyone's religion. That would include not caring about religious freedom, wouldn't it?

You have castigated the family ... you've implied that they aren't telling the truth about what happened to them, and further implied that they should just "get over" having their food meddled with in such a way as to be very damaging to them according to their belief.

When I said that "unclean is unclean" ... you disagreed with me. This was related to the intentionally crude example of contaminating the Eucharist. As far as the effect it would have on the person ... the bacon is just as unclean in the belief/world view/understanding of the Muslim family as urine would be in communion wine. You disagreed and suggested that because there is no "scientific" issue with pork (which could be argued) there should be no problem with finding intentionally placed pork on a sandwich that isn't supposed to have pork on it.

Further bodily fluids like mucous and blood don't automatically present a health hazard. Now, admittedly, I don't want to consume a stranger's "stuff" but, again, if we are approaching it scientifically, a bit of blood or urine in the grapejuice isn't going to hurt anyone ... but if they KNOW ABOUT IT it would understandably cause extreme psychological distress if not a physical reaction.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

LOL The last time I checked, this country has freedom of religion in the 1st Amendment of our Constitution. In other words, it's none of your business why I accept Islam. Back to my question though. Why should I leave if I don't want someone intentionally adding bacon to my food if I order it without bacon?

Gee, isn't that what I just said? Yup, it is.

If you read my posts you'll note that I've said quite plainly that I think the staff should be fired for inappropriate behavior.

But these people have gone into a fast food joint knowing that non-halal ingredients are used and made the silly assumption that their own food wouldn't touch it. What if the staff merely wiped the bacon on the buns, or hid it better? Would the world have caved in for them and blood spurted from their eyeballs?

People who ask for no pickle often get pickle and does the world end for them? Eyeball blood?

My distaste for islam is only obvious here because when was the last time you heard of someone that asked for no pickles in their burger but got them anyway going this apesht over it?

Them you never met me my son has an alergic reaction to pickles. And I have when the restaurant made a mistake go apesht.

That little mistake could cost me minimum a night in the emergency room. People have every reason to expect something they are paying for to be the way they want it. If you have employees unable to carry out someone's requests they need to be fired.

I'd say the safest bet then is to avoid the restaurant which serves them as a default option, just in case. I'm sure people with a peanut allergy tend to do it so why not everyone else, or is it not taken as seriously?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Also, as far as the scientific reality of pork being "safe" ... the jury is still out.

Here's some of the typical concerns:

Four Hidden Dangers of Pork - Healthline

Is Pork Still Dangerous - Psychology Today

The general concerns are a notable correlation between pork consumption and diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis, and hepatitis.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Also, as far as the scientific reality of pork being "safe" ... the jury is still out.

Here's some of the typical concerns:

Four Hidden Dangers of Pork - Healthline

Is Pork Still Dangerous - Psychology Today

The general concerns are a notable correlation between pork consumption and diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis, and hepatitis.

Everything is dangerous. Not only that but you aren't getting out of this alive, just like everyone else. Something being dangerous is no reason to avoid it on religious grounds. you need to make up your mind why you don't/can't eat bacon and stick to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

One of the first things you stated was that you didn't care about anyone's religion. That would include not caring about religious freedom, wouldn't it?

You have castigated the family ... you've implied that they aren't telling the truth about what happened to them, and further implied that they should just "get over" having their food meddled with in such a way as to be very damaging to them according to their belief.

When I said that "unclean is unclean" ... you disagreed with me. This was related to the intentionally crude example of contaminating the Eucharist. As far as the effect it would have on the person ... the bacon is just as unclean in the belief/world view/understanding of the Muslim family as urine would be in communion wine. You disagreed and suggested that because there is no "scientific" issue with pork (which could be argued) there should be no problem with finding intentionally placed pork on a sandwich that isn't supposed to have pork on it.

Further bodily fluids like mucous and blood don't automatically present a health hazard. Now, admittedly, I don't want to consume a stranger's "stuff" but, again, if we are approaching it scientifically, a bit of blood or urine in the grapejuice isn't going to hurt anyone ... but if they KNOW ABOUT IT it would understandably cause extreme psychological distress if not a physical reaction.

Bottom line is we have people on here who support the employees attacking this family. The only reason is they believe in Allah so it appears to be ok. Their religion isn't even involved on this situation. A family is suing because they were attacked by employees from a restaurant.the employees thought in some way they were hurting the family do to their incorrect beliefs I might add. Because not knowing it's there obsolves them anyway.

So I'm shocked we habe people attacking a family by using their religion and we have people here defending them.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I think you're confusing Arabic and Islamic. The vast majority of the world's Muslims aren't Arabs, and falafels are traditionally an Arabic dish. In my entire life, I've only had falafels when eating at Middle Eastern restaurants. And I've still never had hummus.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I think you're confusing Arabic and Islamic. The vast majority of the world's Muslims aren't Arabs, and falafels are traditionally an Arabic dish. In my entire life, I've only had falafels when eating at Middle Eastern restaurants. And I've still never had hummus.

Your missing out hummus is rather good I suggest you try it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Goat nuggets

So pretty much the standard type

As for the OP, if it's true..it is bad to mess with someones food, or their requirements.
On a side note, my mom's husband is Muslim..he loves bacon, says it's just toooo good..obviously he is not seriously devout

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I do not know that we ever have, as a species, thought that way.

I think there have been pockets of that kind of thinking for a great deal of time, but I believe that it is very rare indeed for an entire society to have taken it up as a universal principle. To my mind, there is no us versus them, with regard to different nations, different religions, different skin tones, cultures and the like.

The only real and legitimate argument occurs between those who believe in looking out for only themselves, and those who believe in looking out for everyone. One of these positions is clearly invalid and by its very nature evil, the other valid, and by its nature valiant.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

we all have to die sometime - and i chose to die happy - fully sated with bacon wine and other stuff

my only concession to my health is that i dont smoke - and do exercise

most of the activities i do could kill me - i have had near fatal incidents in all of them - but i carry on

life is for living

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

we all have to die sometime - and i chose to die happy - fully sated with bacon wine and other stuff

my only concession to my health is that i dont smoke - and do exercise

most of the activities i do could kill me - i have had near fatal incidents in all of them - but i carry on

life is for living

I love bacon too. Ham, some sausages, etc. Yes, we will all die sometime, and sometimes, our life choices directly affect (or effect) that outcome. Life is indeed for living; no issues with any of those statements.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I simply think it's grossly lacking in perspective to compare this to someone pissing in a customer's soup or crapping in their burger.

That's your opinion based upon your perspective. A Muslim might consider eating pork to be just as egregious.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I am not confusing anything. I know not all Arabs are not Muslims like all Muslims are not terrorists. However, the LARGE majority of those in the ME are Islamic when compared to other religions which is where these foods stem from.

My mother has Chrons and all she can eat is ME food. Np processed Western food allowed. She has gone to the same Lebanese market for over 25 years. They are Muslims and their MIddle Eastern Food is fantastic and yes...they sell Falafel and Hummus. Maybe McDonalds will have a Fattoush Salad...that is another of my mothers favorites...

You are missing out.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Come on now, I know that about Middle Eastern demographics. But the vast majority of Muslims don't live there.

I was responding to you saying "the point was when are we going to see the first Islamic Fast Food in a Major Chain" and then you immediately suggested falafels and hummus. I was pointing out that the vast majority of Islamic foods aren't Arabic foods, so the "Islamic fast foods" most likely wouldn't have anything to do with falafels or hummus.

In short, you could already be eating "Islamic fast food'" dishes without realizing it because you'd be expecting Arabic foods instead of Islamic foods.
edit on 4-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join