It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
One involves customers who were attacked, the other involves public business owners breaking the law.

"Attacked"!?!?! Jesus Christ GTF over yourself. So victim... much assault. Like I said a couple pages back, perspective is clearly something you need a lot more of in your life because you're displaying a total lack of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Not exactly.

My point is that several posters have demonstrated here that the claims made by the family that was victimized in the OP of having their food contaminated by religious bigots is borne out by the blatant religious bigotry displayed in this thread by posts like yours.

That's probably exactly what caused it and what of it? Get over it, if you don't want ill will then those who fee victimized can also feel free to head back to where it came from since it's such a perfectly developed non-bacon utopia.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thanks. And yeah, it always comes down to the individuals in question and their specific beliefs.

Muslims exist all over the world, so of course there will also be differences in food dishes, the way foods are killed & prepped, etc. One of the best things about Eid celebrations in large cities is the incredible diversity of the people there. You'll see people from many different countries, all with different clothing styles, hair styles, mannerisms, etc. The diversity of food dishes is just as wide, with everything from traditional dishes from a specific country to American styled pies & desserts lol.

Even when we do the actual Eid prayers, the differences are apparent. Some place their hands on their chests, some on their stomachs, and some down by their sides at different intervals. Some do additional voluntary prayers before the mandatory prayer, while others do even longer voluntary prayers beforehand. And they may be standing during the additional prayers or crouching the whole time. The point I'm making is that there's simply no single interpretation that is absolute, even among mandatory things like prayers.

Being born & raised in the Christian majority Southern US, I've had to deal with pork my whole life. So it's not a big deal to me because I know what to look out for, such as things with the generic label of "meat", certain types of gelatin, lard, and the various names for pork products. But I can also understand someone who came from an all-Halal environment getting confused & overwhelmed. I've literally had someone argue with me that "hamburgers" were pork because they thought it was "ham-burger/a burger of the ham variety" as opposed to "a dish that originated in Hamburg, Germany". I had to show them the ingredients list for beef hamburgers to get the point across.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

One involves customers who were attacked, the other involves public business owners breaking the law.

"Attacked"!?!?! Jesus Christ GTF over yourself. So victim... much assault. Like I said a couple pages back, perspective is clearly something you need a lot more of in your life because you're displaying a total lack of it.

You also said a couple of pages back that you didn't care about others' religion ... so why are you still talking about it?

Yeah, I heard your critique early on. I'm not impressed. You disagree with my claim and that's fine.

I disagree with your perspective of apathy toward religious freedom and tolerance. So?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Not exactly.

My point is that several posters have demonstrated here that the claims made by the family that was victimized in the OP of having their food contaminated by religious bigots is borne out by the blatant religious bigotry displayed in this thread by posts like yours.

That's probably exactly what caused it and what of it? Get over it, if you don't want ill will then those who fee victimized can also feel free to head back to where it came from since it's such a perfectly developed non-bacon utopia.

What is the "get over it" crap? Get over it yourselves, LOL. We're having a discussion. If you don't like what's being said, move on.

You've made your bigotry obvious early on in this ... so I'm not sure what you think you're going to achieve.

Your version of "love it or leave it" is utter BS. Why should this family, or myself, or anyone else "get over it"?

/shrug
edit on 3-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

"Sharia" is weird. Each denomination, school of thought, and community includes different additional works as part of their law/Sharia. In theory, the Qur'an should always be the most important source & the source that can never be overruled. But that's not always the case in practice, especially for the groups that don't think the Qur'an's halal restrictions are strict enough. Plus many sects interpret passages quite differently, just like Christian denominations do with biblical texts.

I appreciate the clarification and honesty.

I guess that, like Christianity, there is no such thing as a "real Muslim", and that takfiri is a useless argument.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I've literally had someone argue with me that "hamburgers" were pork because they thought it was "ham-burger/a burger of the ham variety" as opposed to "a dish that originated in Hamburg, Germany". I had to show them the ingredients list for beef hamburgers to get the point across.

That is something that would never occur to me...I grew up knowing this, and would likely assume everyone knows that hamburger is ground beef, not a pork product.

That actually illustrates, perfectly, cultural misunderstandings that most, like myself, would miss. Not because we're being anti-whatever, but because we simply don't know what people may be thinking.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What about a Muslim like myself? I'm a 6th and 8th generation American, and that's not including my maternal Creek/Muscogee bloodline that's been here for over a millenium. Why should I leave if I don't want bacon added to my dish? From my perspective, you're the "new" ones here.

(note: To my knowledge, the Musocgee/Creek Indians branched off from the Mississippian Civilization in the Southeastern US some 400-500 years ago. But the Mississippian people were here much longer than that.)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

To be frank, it was hilarious. The person started off with a "holier than thou" demeanor and quickly got furious when I kept laughing and saying that was wrong.

ETA: Imagine something like "So you're telling me a turkey burger is turkey, but a hamburger is beef? Yeah right".
edit on 3-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Much less have it hidden in your sandwich out of pure spite.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I can. Now that it's occurred to me that it might be a problem for some...

It's funny, but it's also totally understandable that you could make a mistake like that.

This is why immigrants, from where ever and of what ever persuasion, need to have help in assimilating to what must sometimes seem like another planet. You can't just drop 'em in it, and say "enjoy".

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Your family has been here just as long as my own. I've even got the Native American thing going on, too. Blackfoot, but only 1/8, if that much...we're not sure that great grandparent was full blood, or not.

So, yeah, I'm curious as to why it is you have to leave, instead of some burger flipper doing their job correctly.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

What about a Muslim like myself? I'm a 6th and 8th generation American, and that's not including my maternal Creek/Muscogee bloodline that's been here for over a millenium. Why should I leave if I don't want bacon added to my dish? From my perspective, you're the "new" ones here.

(note: To my knowledge, the Musocgee/Creek Indians branched off from the Mississippian Civilization in the Southeastern US some 400-500 years ago. But the Mississippian people were here much longer than that.)

I'd ask why you choose your islamic beliefs over the native american ones, for a start. I mean, that's your own business but it's clear you are ignoring the rest of your ancestry and have chosen a specific part of it to identify with for a reason, except where it suits you.

link   

Much less have it hidden in your sandwich out of pure spite.

yeah I was thinking much the same. Most US teens end up working in one fast food eatery or another in their journey to adulthood and the crap that goes on with food is the stuff of legends. At McD's I worked at when I was 15 (HS work study) people used to 86 the pickles because they thought it would get them a fresh burger. It did just that but exponentially increased the odds that a booger or worse was placed in the food.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Only a booger?

We had a Taco Bell closed down by the city because one of the little darlings decided that "other bodily fluids" should be added to the sauce... All because a customer wasn't happy with his order.

Needless to say, the reaction wasn't conducive to that particular fast food joint remaining open... I still shudder over that one some thirty plus years later.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Not exactly.

What is the "get over it" crap? Get over it yourselves, LOL. We're having a discussion. If you don't like what's being said, move on.

You've made your bigotry obvious early on in this ... so I'm not sure what you think you're going to achieve.

Your version of "love it or leave it" is utter BS. Why should this family, or myself, or anyone else "get over it"?

/shrug

People like you can't even come close to attempting to shame people like me to shut up - not now. That may have worked in the past but now anymore, so you may need to get creative. You don't have the power to embarrass me into changing what I think of muslims, because it is from years of experience with them. Not to mention my eyes are wide open to what's they're up to worldwide - like almost everyone else, so I'm not alone in my view.

In this discussion we're having, let me make reference to your own sentiment and switch it around. Feel free to move on if you don't like what I'm saying.

edit on 3-8-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: sp/gr

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Only a booger?

We had a Taco Bell closed down by the city because one of the little darlings decided that "other bodily fluids" should be added to the sauce... All because a customer wasn't happy with his order.

Needless to say, the reaction wasn't conducive to that particular fast food joint remaining open... I still shudder over that one some thirty plus years later.

You should never piss off the people that handle your food.

Being nice can go a long way when it comes to foodservice.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

LOL The last time I checked, this country has freedom of religion in the 1st Amendment of our Constitution. In other words, it's none of your business why I accept Islam. Back to my question though. Why should I leave if I don't want someone intentionally adding bacon to my food if I order it without bacon?
edit on 3-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Only a booger? .

yeah I was being polite. lots of gross stuff including but not limited to body fluids found their way into food. Frozen patties made great hockey pucks on that wet tile floor too

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

LOL The last time I checked, this country has freedom of religion in the 1st Amendment of our Constitution. In other words, it's none of your business why I accept Islam. Back to my question though. Why should I leave if I don't want someone intentionally adding bacon to my food if I order it without bacon?

Gee, isn't that what I just said? Yup, it is.

If you read my posts you'll note that I've said quite plainly that I think the staff should be fired for inappropriate behavior.

But these people have gone into a fast food joint knowing that non-halal ingredients are used and made the silly assumption that their own food wouldn't touch it. What if the staff merely wiped the bacon on the buns, or hid it better? Would the world have caved in for them and blood spurted from their eyeballs?

People who ask for no pickle often get pickle and does the world end for them? Eyeball blood?

My distaste for islam is only obvious here because when was the last time you heard of someone that asked for no pickles in their burger but got them anyway going this apesht over it?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join