It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Roommates Rats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Rats sometimes display this dominance/submission behavior a bit more than usual when they have had their environment changed or some other stress to their routine... it's as if they need to re-assert themselves in their roles. As long as there isn't any bloodshed, it's nothing to be alarmed about. (I haven't seen any serious battles with females, but boys can injure themselves, thanks testosterone!)

I'm thankful that they have someone now that respects them and will give them the life they deserve! I suspect it won't take long for them to realize that they can trust you and they may surprise you with special signs of affection. They have such unique and varied personalities, just like little kids in a way. One of my boys, Petey-Pie, actually would wag his tail like a little puppy when I would stroke him. Another, Harrison, would wait until I got out of bed and then jump up and crawl under the covers where it was still warm from my body.

Have you noticed them bruxing or boggling yet?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

They're really cute. Totally different than I expected. But super cute. Even cuter than expected.
Tomorrow I have them a week the stuff started to stink, bad. I rolled them out to the bathroom. (Sorry no pics I was busy)
Opend all doors and took the floor out and all down stairs stuff. Lillith came out of the cage was inspecting everything.
Apparently she approved, she shortly came out ran over my lags, sniffed and ran back to the cage. To her "safe space" the place she quickly noticed that I have the most issues reaching that. She uses the white roll on top of the cage as sliding doors.
Smart, there you go girl, right?
Now they rest a bit. Had a bite. Salad veggies and corn stuff. Fresh hay... we'll see what they like. 3rd interior layout.
Haha

edit on 4-8-2017 by Peeple because: Correction

edit on 4-8-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well, that sucks I wrote this whole thing about animal culture and lost my post. Humans are just animals. weve all been at war from the time bacteria had different types. chemical warfare goes way back. territories countries.. Gender roles.. its in our DNA ha .

this picture made more sense in the other posts context but whatever.

www.wired.com...
edit on 4-8-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-8-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Use corn products sparingly- they love it, but it isn't worth the risk in my opinion.

Dried corn can contain high levels of fungal contaminates which has been shown to cause liver cancer in rats. Corn also contains high levels of both nitrates and amines. These two compounds can combine in the stomach to form nitrosamines which are carcinogenic. Other foods high in nitrates include beets, celery, eggplant, lettuce, cucumber, radishes, spinach, collards and turnip greens. Therefore, I suggest you limit the amount of these foods in your rat’s diet. Some fresh corn is fine, but if you feed your rats blocks, it might be best to avoid brands which have corn as the first ingredient, if possible.

Generally, if you would eat a food, you can give it to your rats. Here are some exceptions and notables: citrus juice—forbidden for male rats only, d-limonene in the skin oil, which gets into the orange juice during squeezing, can cause kidney damage and kidney cancer due to a protein that only male rats have in their kidneys. Pieces of the orange fruit are okay if you wash the orange-skin oil off of it after peeling it.raw dry beans or peanuts—contains antinutrients that destroy vitamin A and enzymes needed to digest protein and starches, and causes red blood cells to clump. Roasted peanuts are fine. green bananas—inhibits starch-digesting enzymes green potato skin and eyes—contain solanine, a toxin mango—forbidden for male rats only, because it contains d-limonene. See above. poppy seeds—contains a hallucinogen that can cause neurological damage. raw sweet potato—contains an inhibitor that blocks the action of trypsin, an enzyme that digests proteins. Canned sweet potato is cooked and is fine raw bulk tofu—can contain bacteria; packaged raw tofu is safe wild insects—can carry internal parasites and diseases

RAT REPORT DIET
edit on 842017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 842017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Thanks , I am German with corn I ment cereals.
Lillith slept in her toilet...
wrong spot I guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Lillith haha.

Maybe she partied too hard and was praying to the porcelin gods?

She sounds like a blast.

Third member of peeples "Rat Squad" coming soon I gather?

Lucy.

I wonder if she is a Lucy goosey, or a Lucy fur??

edit on 6-8-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

She is. Neophobic? Not at all. First time I let the cage door open, first just kitchen and bathroom, now the whole place, she's first inspector Lillith Clouseau. One of those rats who would be good for being with her owner everywhere. And clean. Her bites are now gentle kisses. It's okay. Her first bite was like a Pitbull so it's progress.
Yesterday she played like a cat with a little stuffed animal (mini an apple maybe 4cm diameter) on a string. Today is tge first open cage whole place day. Wild explorations.
Just Lola hasn't left the cage ever. Now I am really worried sthg is wrong with her. Maybe she just enjoys time away from the bully?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Any new pics you can share?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm trying one is incredible fast

Playing and running around.

The other one mostly lays around.
Inside the cage that's not good picture material.
I keep trying.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Awwww, so cute! Thank you!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join