It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing gender roles set to become EASIER

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Kettu
Why do people who claim to love the idea of "freedom" want to tell others who/what they are?

And when pressed, these people never can really come up with a solid, logical or valid excuse as to why these people are making their quality of life worse.

"It makes me...uncomfortable!" Yeah, well watching someone pick their nose at a stop light makes me uncomfortable. This one lady last week actually ate it. Ungh.

But you know what? My life went on. I didn't invite the issue into my my reality to ruin it. Live and let live, and if someone wants to pick their nose or change their gender role?

Whatever, it's their body, their body parts and their mind -- not mine.

We don't.

I have no issue with Trans people. What I have an issue with is how it is being shoved down the throats of our children in our school systems, Hollywood, etc etc

If you want to say it's none of my business? Then don't make it my business.

People always claim that it has been shoved down the throats of anyone. I've yet to have anyone "shoving" this in my throat.

How old are you? Are you a child? It's all about context.....

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Deaf Alien

No, she directly responded to my post where I was talking about the kids I work with relying on me for guidance.

She probably was asking if you have worked with children with gender dysphoria.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Why do people who claim to love the idea of "freedom" want to tell others who/what they are?

And when pressed, these people never can really come up with a solid, logical or valid excuse as to why these people are making their quality of life worse.

"It makes me...uncomfortable!" Yeah, well watching someone pick their nose at a stop light makes me uncomfortable. This one lady last week actually ate it. Ungh.

But you know what? My life went on. I didn't invite the issue into my my reality to ruin it. Live and let live, and if someone wants to pick their nose or change their gender role?

We don't.

I have no issue with Trans people. What I have an issue with is how it is being shoved down the throats of our children in our school systems, Hollywood, etc etc

People always claim that it has been shoved down the throats of anyone. I've yet to have anyone "shoving" this in my throat.

I've been through a lot of experiences since the 70's. You?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

We don't.

Why didn't you address the context of my post to you? I have had plenty of experiences too and yes, I lived thru the 70's. So what!

I was addressing how this LGBT thing is being taught in our schools to our children. This has nothing to do with the nasty kinky things you and I might have experimented with?
edit on 22-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No deaf, just stop. You really trying to defend her when she clearly didn't read the thread? Not surprised. Especially when you were the number one person that always argued "they have to go through therapy to make sure they suffer from dysphoria"

Then I present you with this and you just continue to deflect. See what I mean by nobody wanting an honest discussion? I told myself I was going to abandon my thread but..

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

We don't.

Why didn't you address the context of my post to you? I have had plenty of experiences too and yes, I lived thru the 70's. So what!

I was addressing how this LGBT thing is being taught in our schools to our children. This has nothing to do with the nasty kinky things you and I might have experimented with?

Ah so the truth comes out. You'll know what I mean.
But anyway the only thing that have been forced on me is Fundamentalist Christianity. That itself is worthy of a discussion as it pertains to children.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You presented with a sensational article from a "broadsheet" site that you fell for. If Fox News would touch this story then I would give you that one. I would give you an honest discussion.
I never said they suffer from dysphoria. Some suffer "distress" due to families and society.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So now I have to earn an honest discussion from you? Otherwise you will just dismiss any possible notions other than your own?

Anyways, abandon thread time.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

So now I have to earn an honest discussion from you? Otherwise you will just dismiss any possible notions other than your own?

Anyways, abandon thread time.

Huh? You misread me. I am saying that the article you linked is fake. I can discuss with you on this subject but you need to find a better article, especially Fox News.
How do we have an honest discussion when the site you linked is generally considered fake or a tabloid?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

How about talking to your kids after they come home from school?

A lot of families have varied beliefs and attend very different religious sects and churches. Their children are raised with specific beliefs because the parents didn't leave their upbringing to the state.

If you take an active role in your child's upbringing and want to shape their perspective of reality, you have a lot more influence than their school does in this.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Derail, derail, derail.

The OP has given you plenty of opportunity to discuss, and you have done nothing but throw out one liners.

Now your excuse is FOX news. Well then stay on topic and debate with the OP on what you disagree with about what FOX news said?

This isn't that hard is it?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

"Changing gender roles set to become EASIER"...

the 'gender ROLES' part seems out of touch with the actual topic. As I clicked it I had visions of trans people losing their minds, as gender fashion isn't genetic. Se dressing like a girl, well girl fashion isn't innate. It's just what they cooked up (well them and the corporations) over the aeons. So that's one of the things that has had me at odds with this gender dysphoria stuff is this idea that it isn't mental illness when se a boy wants to be a girl, and does it by dressing like a girl. Well guess what kiddies: pink isnt inherent feminine, gender roles just tells us it is. LOL!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I don't know why this is easier for me than others...

But things that annoy or bother me -- I tend to just ignore and carry on about my day.

There are some right-wingers who believe some really far-out there stuff about Noah and this huge boat that's really annoying from a scientific standpoint...but I don't go around letting it ruin my day.

And if my kids were being force-fed this in their school, I'd turn right around and be teaching/supplementing them what I felt they needed to know in order to be successful.

Schools aren't free daycare, and parents need to still spend time with their kids and take an active role in their education and development.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Derail, derail, derail.

The OP has given you plenty of opportunity to discuss, and you have done nothing but throw out one liners.

Now your excuse is FOX news. Well then stay on topic and debate with the OP on what you disagree with about what FOX news said?

This isn't that hard is it?

I have discussed plenty. Perhaps you have difficulty reading?
After all the folks on the right always derail threads screaming that CNN is fake news.
If there is any truth to the OP I will gladly discuss it. If it is true then I think it is dumb. Happy?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

How about talking to your kids after they come home from school?

A lot of families have varied beliefs and attend very different religious sects and churches. Their children are raised with specific beliefs because the parents didn't leave their upbringing to the state.

If you take an active role in your child's upbringing and want to shape their perspective of reality, you have a lot more influence than their school does in this.

Why should I or any other parent have to worry about talking to our children about what they were brainwashed at school with?

Our public school system should be preparing our children with math, history, science, biology etc etc NOT gender studies!

You bring up the best example yet of why parents should home school their children.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If it is true then I think it is dumb. Happy?

Actually yes, was that so hard? Did you lose any part of yourself in the process? I don't look at you negatively at all for this statement, the contrary actually.

All jokes aside, this is how you have an honest discussion. By being honest.

...OK back to the abandon thingy.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

If it is true then I think it is dumb. Happy?

Actually yes, was that so hard? Did you lose any part of yourself in the process? I don't look at you negatively at all for this statement, the contrary actually.

All jokes aside, this is how you have an honest discussion. By being honest.

...OK back to the abandon thingy.

Of course I would think it is dumb as I have said multiple times on first page. That is if it's even true.
You don't give me enough credit.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All I can say is oh well.

On one hand it will mean it is easier for people to get their genitalia irreversibly changed. Which makes Transgender people who seem to be making themselves famous for really bad ideas that are not thought through properly at all happy.

On the other, there is that suicide rate problem. I can imagine that will not change, perhaps only get worse.

But hey, think of the bright side everyone. Much less worrying about those men invading ladies toilets that has you all worried if you make it easier for these people to switch.
edit on 23-7-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
All I can say is oh well.

On one hand it will mean it is easier for people to get their genitalia irreversibly changed. Which makes Transgender people who seem to be making themselves famous for really bad ideas that are not thought through properly at all happy.

On the other, there is that suicide rate problem. I can imagine that will not change, perhaps only get worse.

But hey, think of the bright side everyone. Much less worrying about those men invading ladies toilets that has you all worried if you make it easier for these people to switch.

And Big Pharm and the Insurance conglomerates and psychiatry industry will make out like bandits!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

"Hey doctor can you cut my penis so that I can enter the ladies toilets?"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join