It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing gender roles set to become EASIER

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

*lets out fierce war cry*

Just kidding, I'm staying out of this one. Bored of this convo around here anyway. Always turns ugly and too emotionally draining.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Really???

no, it's a telegraph opinion piece, their job is to outrage the stupid and weak.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Are you sure the article is saying one can have sex reassignment surgery without medical checks? It sounds like what is really happening is that a trans person will/may be able to change the legal status, as in change birth certificate, driver's license and other legal forms without the medical checks.

The article is a little vague (perhaps intentionally?).

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm not worried about them lying to the doctors, I'm worried about them lying to themselves.

Big difference.

Totally agree with that statement, this is the issue basically, lying to themselves at such a young age. A little kid could spend years wanting a PlayStation, driven by their childish and juvenile desires to want what others may already have. Once an idea enters the mind of an adolscent, no matter what it is, they will want it for all the wrong reasons. When you are mature enough you can make choices more objectively and not just based off of premature, juvenile emotions.

This processes for trans administration should only be explored once the subject has reached a reasonable, adult age. Then they can make their life changing choices as they please.
edit on 23-7-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

And to get clicks; and to gather comments so they can add data on preferences to the google data base that has already 2,000 data points on 230 million Americans. (assuming they allow comments).

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Well said.

I'm beginning to feel I'm no longer entitled to my own opinions and feelings.

Another misconception is anyone who doesn't agree with it is somehow a religious nut pushing their opinions onto others. We are the ones feeling pushed.

Just yesterday I read a case about a 15 yo girl in NZ who changed to a boy but wanted to go back. The story went, as a child she was a tom boy, always felt different, couldn't figure it out, got diagnosed with dysphoria and when she changed back to a girl, saw another doctor who diagnosed her as being aspergers

The fact is we all go through phases. A phase can be any length of time and to take away the counselling and approvals by doctors means one can act on a phase or just self diagnose and it takes away precious time they might have come to feel differently.

I also don't think for one minute they feel embarrassed. They are in fact quite proud to announce it to any and all.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

What do you think is going to happen?

I think with all these rules making sure only the most hardcore trans go forward 20% still regret it and wish they had not done it later on. I think relaxing the rules will likely greatly increase those percentages. Many people grow out of those feelings.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Many people, including myself, have worked with kids.

Many people, including myself, have kids

As a parent we all want what's best for our children, want them to be happy but always, always on the lookout for them making hasty decisions that may affect them later in life.

Now I don't care that my daughter is gay. She's happy, not hurting herself her others. It's a whole other kettle of fish if my only son announced he'd like to become a girl and could do so without thinking it through for a longer period of time and later come to regret it. However I'd still have to support him, its a huge decision.

As a parent I've noticed they go through phases and differing beliefs and feelings. They take much longer to grow up than people realize. Teenage years can be difficult times. All of us have been a teenager and few of us can honestly say " oh I was so right about that back when I was 15". Once we get a lot older we think things like ' if only I could go back in time, I wouldn't have done that, it changed my entire life'. Life has crossroads, left turn, right turn, straight through?
edit on 23-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What do you think is going to happen?

I think with all these rules making sure only the most hardcore trans go forward 20% still regret it and wish they had not done it later on. I think relaxing the rules will likely greatly increase those percentages. Many people grow out of those feelings.

I think there is also a certain element of loneliness in a people who really are trans, a need to see more people like themselves so they don't feel like such outsiders, and a weariness with having to constantly explain to those who aren't like them.

Having migraines makes me an outlier, but because of what they are ... as annoying as it is to run into people who think they're just a headache, I don't wish more people knew what they were like, not to the extent that I wish more people had migraines.

But it is lonely, so I do get that part.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yeah, because feelings are more important than figuring out if you're actually a transgender.

A thought just occurred to me.

Can I change my gender every week?

I mean. I think it would be fun.

Every monday, I get a new gender.

Then, I get to experience the world from different perspectives.

I don't even have to "re-incarnate" to get the different view. Just wake up on Monday mornings, and "viola" I'm transformed, and transitioned, into a new role.

Shouldn't this be legal too? To be able to "claim" the rights of any gender you want at will?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Oh I agree except that gender dysphoria is inborn. it is not done on a whim. If children without gender dysphoria want to pretend to be of the opposite sex like how they pretend to be superman they will lose interest within one or two weeks.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Yeah, because feelings are more important than figuring out if you're actually a transgender.

A thought just occurred to me.

Can I change my gender every week?

I mean. I think it would be fun.

Every monday, I get a new gender.

Then, I get to experience the world from different perspectives.

I don't even have to "re-incarnate" to get the different view. Just wake up on Monday mornings, and "viola" I'm transformed, and transitioned, into a new role.

Shouldn't this be legal too? To be able to "claim" the rights of any gender you want at will?

Apparently the new thing is there are not 2 genders, there are a near infinite amount, so yes, change it every week. Maybe based on when you can get the most out of it discount wise. Whatever will they do when you can't get half off drinks on ladies night because you can't have a ladies night because it's offensive to use the word lady.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I thought the same. The article is too vague.

link   

Oh I agree except that gender dysphoria is inborn. it is not done on a whim. If children without gender dysphoria want to pretend to be of the opposite sex like how they pretend to be superman they will lose interest within one or two weeks.
Except that is not true and it can take years.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

That makes no sense. Children with gender dysphoria persist for years. Hence the word "persistence" in DSM-V.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Are you sure it doesn't affect me?

I can guarantee it.

Unless you somehow believe what other people decide to do/choose in their life is your business as well...
I can't help you there I'm afraid.

Clearly we all agree we have the right to dictate how other people live their lives.

We have banned polygamy, people under age can't date those over a set age, tons of 'drugs' are illegal, suicide is prohibited, hell even sending a text message to someone who is mad at you can constitute a year in jail if they call the cops.

Can't park the car just about anywhere anymore without risking a ticket and tow, can't speak your mind without taking serious risks in tons of situations, etc etc.

We could pass new laws dictating anything we want. We could ban red lipstick and make it a felony. Just imagine the possibilities.

Everything you do is my business. And everything I do is your business. That's the point of tyranny. Get with the program folks!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That makes no sense. Children with gender dysphoria persist for years. Hence the word "persistence" in DSM-V.
It's not inborn. It can persist for years and then vanish completely.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Ok doctor.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ok doctor.

Sorry you were wrong.

Dr James Barrett, a consultant psychiatrist at the Charing Cross clinic, the oldest gender identity service in the UK, said he had concerns about treating children with cross-sex hormones.

“If you wait until puberty has got a little way along, a fair proportion of the children change the clinical presentation and feel more like straightforward lesbian and gay kids,” said Barrett. “They don’t seek social role change any more and will end up with no need for lifelong medical intervention, surgery and with no loss of natural fertility should they want children.”

nymag.com...

GIDC is relatively rare, and children whose gender dysphoria persists into adulthood even rarer.
Existing research indicates that children with GIDC grow out of gender dysphoria, do not grow up to be transgender, and most of them grow up to be homosexual.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

WHY TRANSGENDER KIDS SHOULD WAIT TO TRANSITION

Most gender dysphoric children outgrow their dysphoria, and do so by adolescence.

psmag.com...

www.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's your sources?
Well hey you know better than me.

ETA - That third article? That was a tomboy.
edit on 7/23/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join