It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing gender roles set to become EASIER

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's your sources?
Well hey you know better than me.

I even quoted a real Doctor.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Erm...

I don't care about this either way...

But I don't think many people are going to lie to the surgeons just so they can change gender for no reason whatsoever.

I mean...

What do you think is going to happen?
People are going to make up that they're transgender, get their penis removed... and then what?

I don't see the point in those original demands because no one is going to lie about that just so they can change their body parts... that is a pointless endeavour.

Oh wait...

Well you can throw that out the window now, because apparently they want to allow anyone that wants a sex change, to be able to.

...Agenda...

You already think that's what will happen.

Jesus, do you have no logic nodes in your brain?

Once AGAIN GENDER IS NOT what you have BETWEEN YOUR LEGS. that is your SEX. I swear these people intentionally mis use words to confuse a issue.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: clarification

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's your sources?

From the Guardian and Telegraph? No peer reviewed articles?
BTW the third article? That was a tomboy.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's your sources?

From the Guardian and Telegraph? No peer reviewed articles?
BTW the third article? That was a tomboy.

Do you need me to hold your hand?

As children with GID only rarely go on to have permanent transsexualism

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And by rare they mean ~90% have their dysphoria go away. I guess quoting real Doctors isn't enough for you, you know more than everyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Now you're changing story. I am pretty sure that there are children who pretend to be of the opposite sex only to realize during puberty. I have read stories on that. That isn't the point. You said that gender dysphoria is not inborn. You have not provide a single evidence of that. You instead gave me "articles" talking about some children who never had gender dysphoria in the first place who "pretended".
ETA - BTW "GID" is outdated. It is now called "gender dysphoria" as per DSM-V.
edit on 7/23/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Apparently in the eyes of some, nothing can go wrong, and is actually our ticket to a freedom loving utopia.

Can't wait..

I guess for those people, "utopia" means utter fantasy!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So, basically they want people to be able to declare they are anything, or anyone, no restrictions, no common sense, no sanity required. Gee what could go wrong? (She asks sarcastically...)

What do you claim?

Female heterosexual?

What do I "claim"? I allow common sense and biology to determine my sex. You know, the sensible way to behave.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Once AGAIN GENDER IS NOT what you have BETWEEN YOUR LEGS. that is your SEX. I swear these people intentionally mis use words to confuse a issue.

Got it.

It's what's between your ears !

However, that changes all the time.

Does it mean that gender can be as fluid as our thoughts?

Today, I "think" I'm going to be "gay". Tomorrow, I'll try "lesbian" with "male plumbing", see if I can pick up a lesbian, in a LGBT night club. If she refuses me, I'll call her a "bigot" for discriminating against lesbians with male genitalia.

Let's see how that works out.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Kettu
Why do people who claim to love the idea of "freedom" want to tell others who/what they are?

And when pressed, these people never can really come up with a solid, logical or valid excuse as to why these people are making their quality of life worse.

"It makes me...uncomfortable!" Yeah, well watching someone pick their nose at a stop light makes me uncomfortable. This one lady last week actually ate it. Ungh.

But you know what? My life went on. I didn't invite the issue into my my reality to ruin it. Live and let live, and if someone wants to pick their nose or change their gender role?

Whatever, it's their body, their body parts and their mind -- not mine.

We don't.

I have no issue with Trans people. What I have an issue with is how it is being shoved down the throats of our children in our school systems, Hollywood, etc etc

If you want to say it's none of my business? Then don't make it my business.

People always claim that it has been shoved down the throats of anyone. I've yet to have anyone "shoving" this in my throat.

How old are you? Are you a child? It's all about context.....

I've been through a lot of experiences since the 70's. You?

Why didn't you address the context of my post to you? I have had plenty of experiences too and yes, I lived thru the 70's. So what!

I was addressing how this LGBT thing is being taught in our schools to our children. This has nothing to do with the nasty kinky things you and I might have experimented with?

Ah so the truth comes out. You'll know what I mean.
But anyway the only thing that have been forced on me is Fundamentalist Christianity. That itself is worthy of a discussion as it pertains to children.

As usual... deflecting from the thread topic ... and bringing religion into it.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Why do people who claim to love the idea of "freedom" want to tell others who/what they are?

And when pressed, these people never can really come up with a solid, logical or valid excuse as to why these people are making their quality of life worse.

"It makes me...uncomfortable!" Yeah, well watching someone pick their nose at a stop light makes me uncomfortable. This one lady last week actually ate it. Ungh.

But you know what? My life went on. I didn't invite the issue into my my reality to ruin it. Live and let live, and if someone wants to pick their nose or change their gender role?

We don't.

I have no issue with Trans people. What I have an issue with is how it is being shoved down the throats of our children in our school systems, Hollywood, etc etc

People always claim that it has been shoved down the throats of anyone. I've yet to have anyone "shoving" this in my throat.

Why didn't you address the context of my post to you? I have had plenty of experiences too and yes, I lived thru the 70's. So what!

I was addressing how this LGBT thing is being taught in our schools to our children. This has nothing to do with the nasty kinky things you and I might have experimented with?

But anyway the only thing that have been forced on me is Fundamentalist Christianity. That itself is worthy of a discussion as it pertains to children.

How is that a deflection? I was telling him my experience of them forcing religion on me. They are doing that a lot. Way more than the alleged forcing "gender dysphoria" on children. Like I said why focus on an ant on an elephant?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

We don't.

How is that a deflection? I was telling him my experience of them forcing religion on me. They are doing that a lot. Way more than the alleged forcing "gender dysphoria" on children. Like I said why focus on an ant on an elephant?

Yeah , I guess ut would be better for parents to go to church without their children, pray in secret ... and tell their children that they believe in God, but the child will have to wait until its an adult to figure out if it believes in a Christian God. That makes so much parenting sense 🙄
edit on 23-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

We don't.

Yeah , I guess ut would be better for parents to go to church without their children, pray in secret ... and tell their children that they believe in God, but the child will have to wait until its an adult to figure out if it believes in a Christian God. That makes so much parenting sense 🙄

Calm down.
I am talking about how they are doing to children like they are doing to them in "Jesus Camp".
I never mentioned that all Christians do this.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

We don't.

Calm down.
I am talking about how they are doing to children like they are doing to them in "Jesus Camp".

But you mentioned Christianity.. and its off topic in this thread.
By someone who accuses others of doing the same.. tsk tsk

Same old argument from you ... bogus studies... vague information.. deflection... yada yada yada..you are becoming so predictable. You seem smarter than that 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

We don't.

Calm down.

Same old argument from you ... bogus studies... vague information.. deflection... yada yada yada..you are becoming so predictable. You seem smarter than that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is it possible that you are triggered?

Never said Christianity in general. I mentioned Funamentalist Christianity.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

We don't.

Calm down.

Nope... not triggered at all 😜... just pointing out the hypocrisy

So , does it have you concerned that they will be allowing change of ones gender much quicker ?
Does it seem to not coincide with how many of you , especially kaylaluv, say there are so many screenings and tests to get by before they even consider someone for transgender therapy ?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

We don't.

Calm down.

Nope... not triggered at all 😜... just pointing out the hypocrisy

So , does it have you concerned that they will be allowing change of ones gender much quicker ?
Does it seem to not coincide with how many of you , especially kaylaluv, say there are so many screenings and tests to get by before they even consider someone for transgender therapy ?

Of course I am concerned. Who do you think I am? If they want to remove counseling for sex change surgery then of course that's dumb. Of course this article is fake but if it is true then I would stand by you.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
One word unisex...

Ends all arguments...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I notice a lot of times straight Christian types think anything is being "shoved down their throat" when someone simply talks about it. That's not true, people have the right to talk about other viewpoints.

Think about how the trans people feel, having Christian values shoved down their throat? Surely, it is worse for them? They have to deal with people who are outright rude to them and put hurdles in front of them to keep them from expressing themselves.

People are not forcing straight people to be trans. In the end, a formerly straight person chooses to be trans. There is no pressure to be transsexual. The whole idea is to be straight if you want to, or be trans if you want to.

What seems to be happening is that traditional Christian values have taken an emotional hold on some people, and they are deathly afraid of letting anyone be transsexual lest they offend their God. It is also a societal change, which is scary.

But take a step back and think: what am I afraid of? Is it logical?

With all that said, I'm 100% for identifying as a transsexual if the person is over the age of 18. I don't know enough about underage transsexuals to have an opinion either way. I would have to do research before reaching a conclusion.

If the O.P. is to be believed, they work with children in the mental health field and have seen a few transsexual kids. That is more than I can say, although it is still possible the O.P. sees the world through a biased lens.
edit on 24amMon, 24 Jul 2017 02:12:46 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24amMon, 24 Jul 2017 02:13:07 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24amMon, 24 Jul 2017 02:14:25 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

In the end, a formerly straight person chooses to be trans.

You have now angered the transgenders. A guy becoming a chick and having naughty times with men is not gay (it is). Which is fine.

There are two things I don't like about transgender people (and it's not all of them). The first being the complete inability among so many to admit that they are VERY different than the norm, and that they should be considered whatever sex feels right to them because it feels right. I'll call you whatever pronoun you want, and I'm not going to be a jerk, but let's stop pretending you're just a normal lady or man. The second being argument that this can't be a mental illness. It's pretty much textbook mental illness. People say that transitioning helps people cope. OK, so isn't that rather distressing? How do we define mental illness again? I'm aware not all transgender people feel dysphoria (or at least that's the claim), but if that were true, why transition at all?

My thinking that there needs to be more research done and that it may be a mental illness isn't coming from a hateful place. I don't think these people want to have a life full of hardship and are faking it (I think some are, but it's REALLY rare). What worries me is that in being accepting, and essentially being forced into only accepting one narrative or being labeled a bigot we're feeding a delusion. What happened to encouraging people to accept their bodies and be comfortable in their own skin?

I don't know why I always post in these threads, there's no point.

Let people change their gender all they want, I don't care. Well I do, because I worry that it's really not healthy, and I worry for these people when we basically have no information on the subject taking hormones and (IMO) masquerading as something they're not. I don't have a problem believing that someone's brain can be screwed up, I have a problem saying that someone born as a man can adopt a different gender and expect everyone to agree that they are now a woman or man. You're not a normal woman or man (and that's fine). So say that you were born with male anatomy with a female brain, don't pretend you're a natural woman. One caveat to letting people switch genders easily on ID and whatnot. It should be a crime to not inform a partner of your birth gender. While I think it's pretty rare for a transgender to actually pass, especially if they start talking, no one should be tricked into sex with someone they wouldn't ever consider having sex with. Same with an STD, if you know you have one, you should have to inform your partner.
edit on 2420170720171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

So you think they start out gay and then become trans? I guess that makes sense.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join