It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm.. A question to NON-American's

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
apology accepted Duzey.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
no offense taken.
america is young,very very young. and instead of studying the history of other great empires,our leaders go full force into their beliefs,trying to push democracy and religion on other countries.

Thank you.

I think you are dead on in your assessment of the US being a teenager. By the same measure, my country is in it's teens as well. I think the difference is that we did not have a revolution, but a peaceful transition, so we are not so 'against' any and all things European. We do not have the same associations with European ways as America does.

And at the risk of sounding patronizing, which I assure all is not my attention, I will say this about Americans:

Americans are just so darn cute. You get all excited about things, and run around going look at me, look at me. You get that bright-eyed enthusiasm when you are all working together for a common goal. Everything is so dramatic, and the end of civilization as we know it. When I'm in a good mood, I just want to pinch your cheeks, go 'oh, aren't you just the cutest little thing', swat you on the butt, and send you out to play. And you have some neat accents.

My biggest pet peeve about Americans: The correct response to 'Thank you' is 'You're welcome'. Not 'uh-huh'. I realize not all do this, but it just drives me nuts.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
right now America is like the worst,clique-ridden,high school you can think of. that's all i have to say right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
You're jsut going to start another flamewar. We canucks are getting mighty sick of your commentary and french-bashing.
but you don't mind using your telemarket rooms to rob older and poor Americans of the few bucks they have. Hey how about you rob from your own granmothers instead.

DE

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Originally posted by psychosgirl
no offense taken.
america is young,very very young. and instead of studying the history of other great empires,our leaders go full force into their beliefs,trying to push democracy and religion on other countries.

Thank you.

I think you are dead on in your assessment of the US being a teenager. By the same measure, my country is in it's teens as well. I think the difference is that we did not have a revolution, but a peaceful transition, so we are not so 'against' any and all things European. We do not have the same associations with European ways as America does.

If America is a teen then would eurpe be a degenerite drunk parent.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehamsamiam

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Continuing with the analogy, I would say maybe they could be closer to that older aunt/uncle who really knows how to party when the occasion arises, and will buy you beer when your parents are out of town.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by butters30
..............leave the running of the world to the BIG BOYS!
[edit on 11-2-2005 by butters30]

Well, the US does have the worlds highest rate of obesity

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My biggest problems with the States is the arrogant disregard of anyone who is not American, the enormous disconnect between reality and the media coverage in the States and the inability to objectively look at facts (ie: everything in the States is 'spun'). In other words, you seem to have been overrun with navel-gazers.

Ever wounder why we don't really care for you. Our grandparents left you to come here. The taught us who you are and your wars and genocide proved their points. Why should we care about you. Your nothing but leaches.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

but you don't mind using your telemarket rooms to rob older and poor Americans of the few bucks they have. Hey how about you rob from your own granmothers instead.

Not to worry. Our grandparents are getting robbed right along with the rest of them. Thanks for the suggestion, but we've already got that base covered.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volksgeist

Yeah our fat soilders seem to kick the crap out of those lean mean muslims.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
My cousin just got back from a holiday in USA and said she found the people friendly and helpful. Pretty much like the Americans on this board.

Calling all Americans "leeches" is not really justified. Undoubtedly there will be a few bad apples, but this is the same in all countries.

I don't think many of us non-Americans hate your administration, but I do believe many are concerned with the direction Mr Bush is leading it

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

so tell me,
how many years of history does usa have?
200 years since the declaration of independance?
200 years against 2000 years of history in europe?
or 4000 years of history in middle east and china?
so how does that compare, you tell me.

american IS a teenager, comparing to other countires.
that is how i see the situation.
too young and too inexperienced.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ever wounder why we don't really care for you. Our grandparents left you to come here.

No, to be honest I don't much care what other people think of me. It is a pointless waste of energy.

I didn't know your family came from Canada! Which of our wars and genocides did you learn of? The war of 1812? WW1? WW2? Korea? And genocide, I know you must be referring to Native Americans, or as we call them First Nations. But seeing as your ancestors came from Canada and taught you all about that, I guess I'm just repeating what you already know.

Unless of course, you didn't really pay attention to the thread before posting, and were making assumptions.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volksgeist

Yeah our fat soilders seem to kick the crap out of those lean mean muslims.

You seem to be hallucinating. Where exactly was it stated that America has the fattest soldiers

You simply have the fattest civilians

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
Do you think we are spoiled?

Nah, spoiled with what?
Violence, Poverty, Jesus, fat food?

Government

They suck, but most Governments do, Yours sucks a little bit extra though, Religous Rightwing corporation warmongers is not my cup of tea.

Freedom

Hmm, what exactly do you mean with freedom?
You guys cant have an abortion, you cant marry whatever person you like you cant smoke pot to name a few things thats not very free in your country.

Products

You produce a lot of cool stuff besides the poisionus fastfoodindustry they are destroying the world with.

Terrorism

The war on the so called "terrorism" is nothing more than taking control over naturalresources so US can keep its Hegemony in the world.

What you could do better?

You guys need a new revolution, the corporations has to be relieved from power and hand it over to the people again

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
creamsoda,

For an American to worry about what the world thinks about us, it's just showing the world that we're egotistical.

The best thing you can do is NOT worry about or care about what the world thinks about you or the United States!

I don't care if they hate us or like us!

I'm an American and consider myself blessed to be born into a nation that is a great as this one.

There has been some mention that we're a young nation.

While this may be true, our roots go just as far back as any nation on the face of the Earth.

It's our willingness to accept diversity and lay aside differences that sets us apart from the rest of the world.

With this in mind, this may be the reason that the world hates us so bad.

We took in their cast-outs and let them be somebody!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

We took in their cast-outs and let them be somebody!

What about Australia?
Those "pilgrims" where actually convicts.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well i got to say this ("Semi joking") Greenday said it best in American Idiot.

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation that under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mindf**k America.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information nation of hysteria.
It's going out to idiot America.

Need it really say anymore.....
Go Greenday's anti bush message....................

There 2005 tour absolutly rocked seen them last thursday woohooo

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
when did this turn into a fight club? i think i'm done with this thread seeing as only about 20% of the posts were halfway intelligent. good luck all!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well truth be told most Americans I have met were perfectly charming and likeable people. I really think that the negativity revolves around our perceptions of the ideal type american who man of us see to be arrogant and coarse. I have never met any american like this but I know they exist because I see so many arrogant and coarse peoiple herein Australia that I am certain that these types must be quite common.

Most people I know only hate one American. Junior.

George Dubya Bush

Who is a usurper-an incompetent, illiterate usurper. Why didnt the UN pass a resolution to remove him by force after that Florida scandal?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join