It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm.. A question to NON-American's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
(If this is in the wrong thread please move it)

Okay yall now I have a question. For anybody who does NOT live in America or the North American region. What do you think about us? I want your truthful and honest opinions. No hard feelings (if there is any). I just want to know. Do you think we are spoiled? Talk about everything you think I ought to know. I want to know what you think about our government, freedom, products, and the way we handle "terrorism".. Please express your opinions about us. If you would like, please tell me what you think we (The U.S) could do better about our country.

Edit: Sorry but I have to throw this in because of a response I got. This thread is NOT for anybody to fight, and if this thread becomes a fight between americans and non americans, I would like the Mods to delete it. Please keep it nice!

[edit on 2/7/05 by creamsoda]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Are you opening a can of worms, the last time we have a thread like this it became a fight between americans pro bush and non americans against bush administration.
Specially bashing the french and Canadians.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Are you opening a can of worms, the last time we have a thread like this it became a fight between americans pro bush and non americans against bush administration.
Specially bashing the french and Canadians.

Good luck.

I have to agree, not a good idea.

Do you really want to know what they think?

Can you handle the truth?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You're jsut going to start another flamewar. We canucks are getting mighty sick of your commentary and french-bashing.

DE

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
You're jsut going to start another flamewar. We canucks are getting mighty sick of your commentary and french-bashing.

DE

So you know I am pro-canada. I can careless what country you are from.

Treat me with respect you will get it back 10 fold.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Too bad your countrymen aren't as respectful as you are, cobra.

DE

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Im getting a mod to delete this thread,,,its already getting to be an argument. My appologize

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A major portion of my life has been spent in the US.

There (and elsewhere) I learned not to make sweeping generalizations about people based on their geography or nationality. People who are in the US and people who are US citizens are diverse.

But I would say this. Being pro-Bush or anti-Bush has not much to do with being American. However, criticizing Americans who are anti-Bush as unAmerican or non-Americans who are anti-Bush as anti-American seems very unAmerican.

It would be sensible to separate the notions of "the geopolitical state of the United States of America under the direction of the current administration" from "American people" for this kind of discussion.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
In my opinion, its this exact thing that causes some of the anti-american feelings. I havent seen any other nationality write anything like this, eg "what do you blokes really think about us poms?". You just dont get things like that, its just adding to the current US vs. the world mentality.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So this thread is suppose to be some sort of flame twards me or what

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My contribution was not meant to be.

What made you feel that way about a whole topic?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's really weird,...and no non-americans will face u to it it sees. But there is an opinion from outside the USA of Aerica,....but no one seems interested in stating it clearly without apprehension. The question was asked in good faith and it sees only americans are responding,...What's wrong Europe? Just tell us what you think. Youv'e an Honest and informed request. We, in America DO care about what you think of us regardless of how you view us. Pease give us a concise and clear aswer,.....It could change the world,.....or at least a few of us......what have you to say about us?

PS Asking foreign Opinion or Inviting it is a proactive endeavor. Say what your'e invited to say. I think the Originator of the thread seems sincere,....if you have an answer,.....offer it,...if you don't....don't put down the thread! It DOES help us as Americans to know what others think of us. and vise-versa.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by spike]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think you are going about this the wrong way, you have fallen into the hole that stops non americans posting to this thread.

As MA said, I am sure that no members here have AANYTHING against Americans as a people, or posters here as individuals.

If you asked about politics, or economics, or unilateralism, or foreign relations, or Condi's hair style, maybe you will get an answer, but to answer to such a general queston risks being seen as an american basher when you know that the average Joe, Mark or Harry here is nice guy whom you would be happy to know.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
What made you feel that way about a whole topic?

Because I started this thread a couple of days ago.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by The Todd]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
what do you think of Germany?
this is a very general question that is not possible to answer in short!
well I think America is a country in northern America!

you guys make cool toys! and have a 2 party political system.
there are 250mil people there so you'd probably find people from all walks of life, all nationalities and all traits!

U.S. is quite advanced technologically and has a lot of enemis.

happy!
out!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I have a few questions: There was a time that i really liked america. When i was young i rushed from the shower to the television to watch A-team, Knight Rider, Star Trek, etc...
I thought i was the land of infinite posibilities. But now i have a feeling that the US is trying to force it's views on the rest of the world. By means of war (some aspects of it i support, but i think that 'they' have a different agenda then that they want us to see...), by means of telling the rest of the world what to do and pulling it self from important issues (like the kiyoto agrement [spelling?]) I still think its one of the best countries out there, but i see some flaws in respect to the rest of the world.....

Sebastiaan

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hello from AUSTRALIA!

I like you Americans. As a whole you guys and gals are really nice people, willing to help some one in need. Great music,movies,people comes from the US, although I'm getting a bit sick of all these CSI Las vegas, Miami, New york PLEASE! Soon there will be Vice City!
When you guys get your cricket team to the level as our international team then the rivalry will be AWESOME!
You guys and gals keep your head up, there alot of people who like ripping into you guys... listen, and comment if they are having a civil conversation.. if not press the red button.

ALSO why did you guys have that war that broke you away from the English Empire? Did'nt you like cricket? Could you imagine what the world would be like now? We would have taken over the world be now!! LOL just kiddin.. we can wait.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well, as an Englishman, i have to say i find Americans rather pleasent people really.
Ok, you have your idiots, so do we. You have your problems, so do we.

But when push comes to shove, and the chips are down, America has always been there for us ( A bit late, but better late than never!
)

So, heres to America.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
From where I stand (Australia) it seems to me that the United States is very intense...everything seems greater, more hype, everyting is to a greater extent than anywhere else in the world.

Another observation that I have made are some of the little idiosyncracies that the US has, subtle differences like the death penalty for desertion (during wartime), minors on death row, not signing the Kyoto protocol, legal bugging of UN diplomats, etc, that sometimes make the US seem more like a corrupt/third world nation than a progressive democratic society.

Another major difference that I have noticed with the United States is the militaristic mentality of your government throughout your history, the way in which the US has always regarded states who adhere to an unfavaourable or antithetical dogma to be hostile and to not just be indifferent to them. There are clearly defined periods of "Wartime" & "Peactime", something of which is completely foreign to most Australians. There seems to have always been a constant threat posed against the US, and much of the governments' energy is focused on vanquishing this threat and demonising the poeple/nation(s) behind it.

I'm not sure how accurate my observations are as I have never actually been to America, but this is my view from over here.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My only real concern is the religious right of America turning the end of time prohecy into a self-forfilling prophecy that is a result of actions taken because the belief that ending life on this earth will be benifical for everyone who is not a sinner. I don't really mind if such a thing happens as long as Jesus isn't clensing the earth of sinners in the form of nuclear bombs. If God/Jesus wishes to kill people please let him do it with his own power.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Trent]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join