It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm.. A question to NON-American's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
239 million people in thus US ( I think) and how many of you are in European countries that drive cars, and buy things???

Not to mention alot of you drive OLDER cars that POLLUTE more....

How many mcdonald's are there around the world INCLUDING CHINA...

Combine CHINA and the EUROPEAN countries to AMERICA and you become the worst polluters because your cars are older.

Cities are the exact same here with buildings and factories and all..

Does china and europe even RECYCLE?

recycle, reduce, reuse and join the loop.

IT'S A MYTH!

America's land is 10% used. That leaves 90% to many trees and forests and wildlife/habitats...

Sure we have industry WHAT COUNTRY DOESN'T!

[edit on 12-2-2005 by TrueLies]

You are comparing the combined efforts of China and Europe, roughly 1.5 Billion people, to those of 239 million Americans? That's not very balanced.

America pollutes more than any other country. That's an undisputed fact. Bush's refusal to sign Kyoto shows that you intend to keep doing so.

There are more cars in America than there are people in Britain. Furthermore Americans choose to drive primarily SUVs, whereas Europeans drive 3 or 5 door hatch backs. These cars produce far less pollution.

Yes, plenty of Europeans swallow American material goods without a thought, but McDonalds is not as popular as you might think. Did you ever hear of the French town whose inhabitants dismantled a McDonalds restaurant and delivered the pieces back to their Paris HQ?

Europeans do recyle, but admittedly not enough. The problem is the same in America. Environmental problems are the product of Global Industrialisation and as such, solving them must be a global effort. Arguing about who is to blame will not keep the ice caps cool.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastardsky
Ok, the problem is simple:

Americans in general consume too much, and polute too much. that must end.
Or all the world will suffer.

You think America is bad in that aspect just wait till China is a Super Power. Just look at how their oil consumption is going right now and thats only the start.

A billion plus person Super Power will give a whole knew meaning to consume too much

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes and China will be buying the oil from the U.S., I mean Iraq.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No try buying oil from Iran. They didnt make a huge oil contract with Iran to buy it from Iraq.

And theres a host of other countries the have deals with they know what their future oil needs are going to be like.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yes future oil needs will be China as the biggest consumer buying from many sources including Iraq who holds 11% of the worlds oil. In essence Chevron/Texaco(Blair) (Bush) and ExxonMobil (Halliburton) will be supplying almost as much oil as the Saudi's OPEC at 30 million bbl a day.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Really so theres already a China/Iraq oil deal, I was not aware of that. I know they have been striking resource deals like crazy not just for oil either. I think they just made some big deals in Canada.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To the person who asked if Europe recycles yes we do if my memory serves me right I believe Europe is one of the most advanced and recycles more goods than most other countrys per head even that of America who are generally classed as a country of wasters (I mean as in material stuff not the ppl lol)

Alot of UK drivers now have moderatlly new cars as they are generally cheaper now and better value than older ones. We drive far smaller cars which use far less fuel than the american tanks you lot like to drive in (Which are waste of time how many americans can honestly say they went off road with there 4x4 lol) . They good for killing young and small adults due to the bull bar at front.

Hell just wait soon China be the biggest pollution the way its industry is growing

The American goods thing....Have you Americans noticed that most of goods here and in America are now imported from asia I dont see many items that bare USA on them and having trouble think of any.............

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I thought this was a thread about ASKING non americans what they think, not to go and prove, justify or argue thier view, opinion and or what they feel about america.

...Americans have trouble staying the hell up outa a post that specifically ISN'T aimed at their input...no wonder they have such difficulty keeping their smelly little fingers in their own back yard.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What do I think about americans??

First let me mention two things:

-I'm a French-Canadian
-I have friends who are american

I have no beef with regular everyday honest people who respect me, respect me and I'll respect you too. We can get along even if you are pro-Bush but respectfull of my views, I'll respect yours althought asking me to respect your leaders is pushing your luck.

If you are a French or Canadian Basher: Bite me

Members of the Bush administration can *Censored*

Other than that, I have no beef, have a nice day.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah it's getting off topic but anyone can clearly see Haliburton was not doing good before the war in Iraq due to its subsidiary KBR lawsuits of asbestos which they are paying out $5 billion. Halliburton of course has offices all over the world including Iran and was CH 11 when the bid for reconstruction and oil refinery took place for Iraq. KBR was already in Iraq before we attacked and had the bid before we attacked even though they were in a CH 11 which is clearly illegal.

Not only did KBR illegally get the bid but the company was not in good financial standing while doing so and Halliburton wwas being investigated by the SEC and still got the billion dollar contracts. Can you say illegal? WHo was the CEO right before Iraq? Can you say Cheney?

Martha Stewart goes to jail for making $45,000 in stock while Halliburton commits extortion, global murder, SEC fraud, and who knows how many illegal actions and not a thing is being done about it. Bush and Cheney are above the law - law doesn't apply to them or to their companies.

Why do you think you Brits are there? It's for the texas tea baby! Oh by the way KBR is now building your battleships. They just signed the deal. KBR because of Iraq is now worth billions and Halliburton profits as compared to the dive they were experiencing in 2002, before Iraq, is now doing just fine.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by veretto

People do not hate American's as a whole- the hate the institution that people allow to exist that is her government. That hate this government because of its religious militant point of view. Americans as a people are good, bad, funny, boring, stupid, smart, annoying, and charming. The government is corrupt, more corrupt than most will ever know. Sorry for the long post.
Thank you for posting the absolute truth.
I've travelled to many places and i know the world doesnt hate Americans. They hate this government.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Originally posted by butters30
Just so you know I am no racist. I do however hate 2 group or nationalitys.

1 The French!
2 The Canadians

I especially hate the French Canadians

You have no clue what it's like to be a mason or what it involves. If ya did you wouldnt make ignorant comments like were all elitest.

Most the people in most lodges are blue colour workers not the cream of the crop elite like you think we are.

So why dont ya just drink your Molson and shut up Eh?

Eh oui ! Merci de m'avoir fait la leçon. Alors c'est moi l'ignorant ? Oui, c'est bien ça. Vous êtes exactement comme j'ai pensé. Plus qu'ignorant. Hyper-ignorant. Vous ne connaissez même pas l'histoire des masons. Ouvrez vos yeux, je vous prie !

Sorry...bilingual country and all dontcha know. Have a nice day. I'll do the same while drinking my Molson's, EH.

Though I dont speak your sorry excuse of a language, and I am a fat lazy american mason. I am smart enough to use the internet.

Translation

Eh yes! Thank you to have made me the lesson. Then it is me the ignorant one? Yes, it is well that. You are exactly as I thought. More than ignoramus. Hyper-ignoramus. You do not even know the history of masons. Open your eyes, I request from you!

I love to get a mason history lesson from non masons. Anything else you wanna teach me about the secret Fraturnity in which you are not a member?

Plz depart your vast knowlage of the brotherhood to me.

I am no elitist as I stated before I dont think myself better than anyone. Nor does anyone I have ever meet in the masons.

Are we the cream of the crop?

I would say yes, but that has little do do with our stations in life and more to do with the Huge aww inspirring charitable work this Frat brings to children. Theres the big "taken over the world secret!!" Were all about the kids!

Yes even the Mentally challenged Canadian ones such as yourself.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
If you are a French or Canadian Basher: Bite me

Yeah ! You go, Frenchie. Bienvenue a bord ATS !

ta voisine ontarienne !
AL

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Though I dont speak your sorry excuse of a language, and I am a fat lazy american mason. I am smart enough to use the internet.

Careful...your jealousy is showing. I imagine you've turned a lovely shade of pea green. As for being fat and lazy...you know yourself better than I.

More than ignoramus. Hyper-ignoramus.

Wow, you're harder on you than I am. I only said you're ignorant. But with this second post, I see that you're right - ignoramus was a far better word to describe yourself. For sure its what everyone out there who reads this will think of you.

I love to get a mason history lesson from non masons. Anything else you wanna teach me about the secret Fraturnity in which you are not a member?

I too am smart enough to use the internet and from what I've read and heard discussed the history of masons (free or otherwise) is less than angelic. If your particular group is only concerned with raising money for kids charities I say congratulations.

I am no elitist as I stated before I dont think myself better than anyone. Nor does anyone I have ever meet in the masons.

I never said you were, friend. What I said is that from what I understand its only the rich with family connections that get anywhere in the new world order, and that if you didn't have these two things you're just like the rest of us, regardless of your affiliations.

Yes even the Mentally challenged Canadian ones such as yourself.

Sticks 'n stones may break my bones...

Oh, by the way....bite me!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Magnifique, mon petite rayon de soleil! Merci pour faire me ris, encore

Apparently, my French is slightly better than I thought, I understood your post parfaitement. My response may be a little less perfect but you've inspired me to practice. I too wish to deny ignorance bilingually.

Nions l'ignorance ! Peu a peu...nous le ferons ensemble !

You can practice your French with me anytime, ma cherie! That's how we learn.

And always learning is a good thing...is is not?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
Nions l'ignorance ! Peu a peu...nous le ferons ensemble !

Tres petit par tres petit, il semble. Toujours l'erudition bat l'ignorance n'importe quel jour.

I'm better at this than I realized. I have no problem understanding your posts at all. I do have to work through the reply a bit in my head, and I'm sure it's not perfect, but it's coming back.....Je toujours ai su que j'etais une fille intelligente.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm better at this than I realized. I have no problem understanding your posts at all. I do have to work through the reply a bit in my head, and I'm sure it's not perfect, but it's coming back.....Je toujours ai su que j'etais une fille intelligente.

Bien sur tu es une fille tres intelligente ! In both official languages even!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Je me demande s'ils pensent que nous tracons une invasion

This is hilarious, I haven't used French this much in years. I'll try a little joke now... Si le monde etait une prison, les Etats-Unis seraient notre chienne. Nous sommes plus grands et sur le sommet.

Just kidding America!!! Even though you are a little wacky and a tad paranoid sometimes, I still love ya!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Je me demande s'ils pensent que nous tracons une invasion

Ben...tu sais que ce pays...qui se trouve juste au nord...c'est un peu trop liberal...alors il se peut que le Canadiens planifient une invasion...une explosion d'esprit ouvert ! Charge....

Oh, behave!

Past my bedtime...au dodo !

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So why dont ya just drink your Molson and shut up Eh?

Hey, Hey, Hey, there is no need to be calling out a nation about it's beer, especially a fine brew like Molson, although I prefer Labatts or Sleemans (sp). Spoken by an American who lives South of Canada! Go figure that out.

There are no bad beers, some are just better than others!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join