It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathra
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Again you may want to educate yourself before lecturing someone else, especially when you are incorrect - both fact wise and sentence structure wise. Doing that may help you figure out why conversations frustrate you.

You mean what the rest of the world and the very, very rare American who isn't totally stupid would call 'syntax'?

It's not conversations which frustrate me, its participants such as yourself who are unable to manage to have them properly.
edit on 29-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: spelling and grammar

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Remember the case in Cleveland, where that cop, rolled up and murder that kid, playing in the park within seconds after arriving on the scene?? Found out he had major issues of brutality and a drinking problem to boot, so unfit was he that they considered sitting him at a desk.

Now with that in mind , pls tell us how many heads rolled, like how many chief of police resigned or what happened to that POS.

Your leaving out the fact the kid was armed.

The kid was armed with a toy gun in a park.

You guys see evil everywhere you go, old ladies little kids, babies, frail old men, they all look the same to you guys, something needs to change mate or it will culminate into something very ugly. Wake the # up already

Yeah... because kids cant kill.

What parts are you and others leaving out?
* - Rice was sitting on a swing pointing his gun randomly at people as they walked by.
* - Numerous 911 calls were received reporting that.
* - The comments about the suspect being a juvenile and the gun probably being fake was NOT relayed to the officers.
* - When officers arrived Rice reached towards his waistband, where the gun was located.
* - Rice did this knowing they were police officers.
* - Video surveillance footage supported the officers version of events.

But why bother with facts right...

You may want to take your own advice about waking up.

By your own testament the little boy was killed due to incompetence.

The bit that the boy reached for his hip and did it in front the police officer is really telling just how you view everyone as a potential perp.
edit on 29-7-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If that is what you took away then you should reread it my post and maybe understand it this time around. If you cant engage the topic and would rather do nothing but attack me then do it by your lonesome. You remind me of another user from Australia who pulled the same crap and was banned.

What part of US law and US law enforcement can I explain to you so you might understand whats going on?
edit on 29-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

What part of US law and US law enforcement can I explain to you so you might understand whats going on?

I think the main thing is why are police treating citizens like enemies and how long do they think this can go on before something snaps.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

If that is what you took away then you should reread it my post and maybe understand it this time around. If you cant engage the topic and would rather do nothing but attack me then do it by your lonesome. You remind me of another user from Australia who pulled the same crap and was banned.

Thanks for confirming why my post was quickly removed.

For the record it was not an attack on you personally, it was an attack on what you do.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

For the record it was not an attack on you personally, it was an attack on what you do.

Your post is still present so not sure what the malfunction is. Also, yes, it was personal. The bulk of your posts / responses have delved into personal attacks and the other thread on this topic bears that out.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Your post is still present so not sure what the malfunction is. Also, yes, it was personal. The bulk of your posts / responses have delved into personal attacks and the other thread on this topic bears that out.

It's not meant to be personal I just have the same Disdain with your attitude as you do with mine. I apologize.

The post that was removed is on the previous page.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Fair enough... Lets try to set our disdain for each other aside then.

you have my apologies as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Fair enough... Lets try to set our disdain for each other aside then.

you have my apologies as well.

Let me be clear, I have no disdain towards you as an individual I have disdain for what you represent.

I think you have basically lost the plot and are so engaged in information warfare you have lost a certain human element.

In saying that you view my stance in a similar way, to you I am anti police, to me I'm anti corrupt police, not the core values of the organization itself.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I actually view you as anti knowledge on this topic to be honest. Rejecting law and the explanation of the law because it somehow detracts from your agenda. Instead of understanding it you declare it as information warfare while accusing me of losing a certain human element (which is far from the truth). When you see things on a daily basis you learn not to rush to conclusions and let investigations run their course. You let the rule of law take supremacy in order to prevent the chaos that would ensue if we got to act on our emotions in response to the things we have seen.

As for being anti corrupt police i am as well. However I refuse to deny a person their rights simply because they are being accused of doing something. I dont care if that person wears a uniform or not.

I am positive you would feel the same way if you are accused of something. I would imagine you would be pissed if people decided your side of the story, what you saw and why you did what you did, are not relevant.

All I ask is you bear that in mind before demanding a rope and looking for a tall tree.

Let the investigations run their course and let the legal system work. If you are dead set on denying rights then dont get upset when it happens to you.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To play devil's advocate.

Xcathdra has always played his hand as he sees it.
Sure that is from a LEO who plays hard but fair and forthrighy from a professional, unemotional weighing up the facts as they become available.

Many who wish to engage ... do so out of frustration coupled with fairly raw, fresh emotion.

Noor has done no one any favours in his silence.

If due process requires him to answer to the court, then we will hopefully learn more.

I also sincerely hope that his partner is not complicit in any obfuscation of facts.

May truth prevail.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

As for being anti corrupt police i am as well. However I refuse to deny a person their rights simply because they are being accused of doing something. I dont care if that person wears a uniform or not.

Ive been there and done it, I am a victim of police misconduct and it plays heavily into my views .

I really try because I do have respect for law enforcement, that was taught to me early on, yet my experiences differ and it leaves me with somewhat of a conundrum.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

edit on 30-7-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: Augustus has been eating far too much cheese pizza and has caused the mandella affect to orange status.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yeah, well, it's not just BLM(started for awareness of African Americans being killed by police BTW, at least they took a stand for themselves unlike Whites) but by White Americans ignoring their own being killed. I've seen many excuses while covering these stories over time. It's disgusting.
Assignment Help Australia
edit on 1-8-2017 by ankit123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Baaka

Wtf kind of question is that? Of course i want the cameras on for the entire shift. Did you just assume that maybe i didn't feel the same about cops killing black people? Wtf is wrong with your head?!?!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No grand jury. Will be determined by the Hennepin County Attorney.

Freeman broke precedent with the standard practice of having a grand jury to decide whether officers would be charged in police shootings when he reviewed the death of Jamar Clark, who was fatally shot by police in November 2015. The two officers involved in that case were not prosecuted.

"We will follow that practice in this case," Freeman said in his statement. "So, once the file is turned over to our office, I will thoroughly review the investigation with several of our most senior prosecutors and make a decision."

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Great !

Justice will surely prevail ... or not !

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Officer who fatally shot Justine Damond charged with murder, turns himself in

The Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot an Australian woman in July was charged with murder Tuesday after he turned himself in when a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in on Tuesday in connection to the 2017 death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. his attorney confirmed.

The criminal complaint remained sealed by midday Tuesday, but according to the jail roster Noor was booked on a third-degree murder charge for perpetrating an eminently dangerous act while showing a "depraved mind." The second-degree manslaughter charge alleges he acted with "culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk."

Damond was shot July 15, minutes after calling 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home. The 40-year-old life coach’s death drew international attention, cost the police chief her job and forced major revisions to the department’s policy on body cameras.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman was scheduled to discuss charges Tuesday afternoon.

Noor, a 32-year-old Somali-American, has not talked publicly about the case and declined to be interviewed by state investigators.

Click link for full article...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This is a good result.

Good for the family and friends of the deceased, good for the Police who can be seen as transparent and not above the law.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Former Minneapolis police officer found guilty for fatally shooting a woman who called 911

Former Minneapolis Police Officer Mohamed Noor was found guilty Tuesday of third-degree murder and manslaughter for fatally shooting Justine Ruszczyk while responding to her 911 call.
The jury of ten men and two women acquitted Noor on an additional count of second-degree murder in the killing. The judge set a sentencing date of June 7th.

Link

edit on 4/30/2019 by roadgravel because: link

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join