It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London underground tube staff aren't allowed to say 'Ladies and Gentleman' anymore

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

That's what i don't understand either..whether you are gay,lesbian,transgender,transvestite etc one would still identify as either a gentleman or lady or even both if you're a hermaphrodite ffs..i don't see how ladies and gentleman do not fit everyone?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

That's true.I am,for instance,very sympathetic to the LGBT community but things like this just causes resentment especially among those who are not sympathetic in the first place.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Absolutely! In my country,South Africa,that type of politeness is still very appreciated and even among young woman.Here the pathetic pc lunacy has not yet taken hold like in the USA.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: eletheia

Absolutely! In my country,South Africa,that type of politeness is still very appreciated and even among young woman.Here the pathetic pc lunacy has not yet taken hold like in the USA.

Well then, it sounds like S. Africa is the next stop for freedom!

Oh wait....

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

just WTF -

lesbians are ladies

homosexuals are gentlemen

persons of alternate gender // sexuality are which ever of the above they wish to identified as

how has this #nuttery become an " issue " ?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Long live the UK. The world is going to h.e double hockey sticks in a hand basket.

Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Well I, for one, will continue to use what I was taught as good manners.

I rarely speak to anyone under forty anyway.

Nor do I use the tube or visit London.
I prefer the countryside.
edit on 17-7-2017 by Tulpa because: Showing off again

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Excuse me, buddy, don't lay the blame for this nonsense on any 'community', thanks very much. This is the work of a minority of hijackers with the most absurd mindsets imaginable and has absolutely nothing to do with the general community, no matter what persuasion.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Excuse me, buddy, don't lay the blame for this nonsense on any 'community', thanks very much. This is the work of a minority of hijackers with the most absurd mindsets imaginable and has absolutely nothing to do with the general community, no matter what persuasion.

And they complain when we lay the blame on the entire Christian community.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Wow an OP claiming the LGBT community are grooming children manages to get 20+ stars.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
i'm sure this isn't going to make one whit of difference to any of the snark on display in this thread, and if anything will probably only just bring in more incredulous anger BUT since so many of you have asked;

there are such a thing as non-binary identified individuals in this world. Many of my friends do not identify with either man or woman, but feel set apart from the whole gender binary paradigm.

i'm not saying it was a change we had a pressing need for but hey, you asked and there's part of an answer for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
also while i'm here can i just point out how utterly obnoxious and small-minded it is to make your OP rant going "no one wanted this change! there were no problems until these people showed up"
dude
clearly someone wanted the change or it wouldn't have been fought for
these people exist, they are part of your community, and just because YOU never had any problems with anything does not mean no one else did. feel free to say what you mean - "i'm comfortable, you can screw off"

to reiterate, i personally don't feel like it was the most necessary or pressing change
but why is it so important to you that it stays the same?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The world is becoming evermore ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Seriously?

I think that's complete none sense...

I know somehow who "identify" as a cat, walks around with a cat tail butt plug and car ears... What am I supposed to do? Feed her delusion and enable her so that she grows more into the "pseudo persona" she's created for herself because she's afraid to be anything else but who she really is because shoving reality down her throat is "the bad thing to do" here?

I think before trying to force other people to accept whatever they believe they are, they should first start to accept themselves the way they are in first place. How can you ever be happy chasing an impossible dream? Regardless of what you do, you will always know, remember whether you were born with the shovel or the hole...

www.youtube.com...

"I don't wanna be an adult right now" just because you don't want to be an adult or you want to be something else doesn't mean you can and are... I'm sad at where this world is going...

Now there's "gender fluid" seriously? One day its a he and the other a she and at other times somewhere a he/she... seriously wtf... Somebody needs to wake them the hell up... you don't get to go left and right on the gender scale or up and down in the age scale at will... Your born the way your are and you age the like anything else whether you like it or not and for as long as
you try to deny that to yourself your never going to be happy...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What is the endgame of making everybody neutral to please a very, very small minority?
I fear that it will be illegal in the future to call yourself male or female if you are one and it will only be allowed for transgender people to call themselves this.

Will the future be people who all look the same, with shaved hair and overalls, who call themselves neutral genders in order to make a tiny fraction not feel offended?

I mean, where does it end. By nature [you know the big thing that rules life, the universe and everything], mammals [and a lot of other species] are male and female for a very good reason. Nature even adornes one of the two with gaudy colours sometimes to attract the opposite sex. The LGBTXYZ community wants to go above nature and the majority of living beings on earth.

They don;t want equality, they want to be better and more important with more rights than the mjority. Why else would we change what fits just fine [including them]?

I have so changed my view on the LGBTetc community lately. From defending them and their rights and getting quite upset when people don't believe trans people to now getting really pissed off and starting to doubt quite a few of them.

I know that you can be at odds with your gender, but then some people are at odds with other things. Like those that marry inanimate objects or people who feel that one of their limbs needs to be taken off.
Their feelings are just as strong and just as real as having gender dysphoria, yet one group wants all the rights and the others get none and are called mentally ill.

The LGBTand so on community aren't the only ones on this earth who are different. They are the only ones though that make such a bloody big deal out of their condition [yup] that the rest of the normal [yup - as in the norm and not different] have change for them. That is what people are getting tired off.

Live your life, if you are unfairly treated speak up but you are a tail wagging a dog and that makes people lose sympathy.
I know I have. And you can only blame yourself and your oversensitive reactions for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

My thoughts are that the Ladies and Gentlemen are the majority. Minority has won again?

bally

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You people lose your minds over the most ridiculous rubbish. Bunch of squawking idiots.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Deleted as I wanted to include the post of the person.
edit on 17-7-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
You people lose your minds over the most ridiculous rubbish. Bunch of squawking idiots.

We are IDIOTS for having an opinion?
Why are the LGBT... not idiots for making inane demands?
Insults, best way to express yourself if you have nothing of value to say.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I have said stuff of value, it is clearly part of consultation with the wider community and not just an alphabet niche, and makes perfect sense in that context.. but lets just focus on the BS presentation we have from the media eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join