It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Sargeant Jailed for Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Army Sgt. 1st Class Ikaika Kang was ordered held without bail in federal court in Honolulu Thursday after a brief detention hearing. Kang's court-appointed attorney Birney Bervar did not contest his client's detention but said after the hearing that he will ask for a mental health evaluation.

Here we have an enlisted member of the armed forces who apparently was radicalized. Decided to send defensive measures and offered up intelligence to ISIS and also pledging loyalty. That is the official story. However, there are some weird events moving behind the scenes here that really play into some long thought government programs playing out.

Quick disclaimer: I do not support nor condone any type of terrorism and this post is in no way a defense to the accused.

A "turning point" for Kang's mental state seems to be a 2011 deployment, Bervar said: "He's a decorated American soldier for 10 years, goes to Afghanistan and comes back and things start going off the rails."

Alright, so they declared a start point. That being 2011.

According to court documents, Kang met with undercover agents he thought were from the Islamic State group at a home in Honolulu, where he pledged allegiance to the group and kissed an Islamic State flag.

No date listed for this. However it can be found in a USA Today article.

Ikaika Erik Kang had been under investigation by the Army and FBI for more than a year, the FBI said.

Also according to that same article he was deployed overseas til 2014.

Were they waiting for something to happen? Were they goading him on? From all evidence provided in these articles, the FBI was doing a large part to put this guy away.

Some fuel for the CT minded fire.

A U.S. soldier accused of wanting to commit a mass shooting after pledging loyalty to the Islamic State group believed the moon landing was faked, questioned the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and thought the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks were an inside job coordinated by the U.S. government, according to a former Army bunkmate.

Source for everything not USA Today.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think sometimes terrorists are just the pigs that they are. Not the government leading them on, more like seeing if their a serious threat or not. Time to take the gloves off with terrorists, any group that simply targets non military assets need to be eliminated, no more gitmo nonsense....complete eradication.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Time to take the gloves off with terrorists, any group that simply targets non military assets need to be eliminated, no more gitmo nonsense....complete eradication.

What transpired here is completely against what you posted.
They knew he had been radicalized.
They facilitated it and encouraged it.
What would be the repercussions should he had just decided to go ahead with any plan without warning?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Who knows if the story we hear will be factually accurate or not. However, it is not a surprise that a soldier would be conflicted when we are appointing a Muslim chaplain to oversee the faith of 14,000 soldiers (most who are Christian).

Granted SFC Kang does not serve in the 7th ID, however, he did begin his study of the Muslim faith while abroad during a deployment in the ME.

I'm not advocating that we restrict any person's rights to practice their chosen religion, however, it will cause a substantial conflict of interest if our very own military is allowing an easy conduit to the creation of internal conflict. Why was a Muslim placed into such a high position of religious influence in the US military and in particular at an infantry division? We now have 10 Muslim chaplains across the US military. There was a time when there were none. How many will be Muslim in 20 years? 30 years?

What happens when a soldier claims religious persecution from the US military when he hires the right lawyer who can effectively argue that a soldier's Muslim faith takes precedence over the oath of enlistment?

It's almost as if this is by design. And it disturbs me greatly.

edit on 14-7-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Kang was arrested immediately "to remove the possibility that he would act on his impulse to kill people in the name of Islamic State," prosecutors wrote.

It sounds like they just wanted some real proof and acted on it right when they got it. I don't think it sounds like they were trying to entice him.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sounds they the FBI found a ill vet with mental health issues and then the FBI pressured him into ISIS services...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It would help if we knew how he came into contact with them. I'm not really buying that they pressured him into it. What makes you think he was pressured?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

A "turning point" for Kang's mental state seems to be a 2011 deployment, Bervar said: "He's a decorated American soldier for 10 years, goes to Afghanistan and comes back and things start going off the rails."

How many deployments they expect trained soldiers to endure?

Look at how many commit suicide. No wonder some develop 'radical' ideas about endless war, can't really blame them, its the gubments fault, not the solders.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Sounds they the FBI found a ill vet with mental health issues and then the FBI pressured him into ISIS services...

You got it right here. Look at all of the false flag operations created by the FBI over the years. They needed one inside the US military. The question is why?

Why create a false flag inside the US military while the US military actively promotes the spread of the Muslim faith inside its own ranks? To intentionally create conflict? This does not make any sense to me because the US has long been the muscle in the global triad. London is the banking arm, the US is the military strength to enforce the hidden agenda, and the Vatican is the spiritual side to create moral conflict.

Perhaps it's a system of checks and balances taking place. We cannot grow too strong in our military otherwise we become powerful enough to overthrow those who seek to rule us? Who knows. This story has so many gaps and it is clear the FBI has played a heavy hand in how it has played out.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's so goddamn sad the way we have always treated active and retired service personnel in this country. So in 2011 they think there may be issues. Instead of intervening and attempting to get the poor bastard some help, they send the Federal Bureau of Instigation in to screw the guy. Meanwhile the Senate and Congress exempt themselves from all sorts of laws that we, the peons, have to follow. It is so goddamn sickening.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Clearly, you get it.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is Hawaii, a huge resentment of Military there to begin with.

Of course, the Soldier in question is a local as well.

If you ever been to Oahu, the Locals HATE Soldiers and the Military.

Considering the liberal state and his background, I deduced this young man was radicalized at some point during recent deployments.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

My opinion is that regardless of locale, the FBI was heavily involved in this investigation and subsequent detainment. My understanding is that there already exists an entity within the armed forces for these types of investigation.

Key points being:
*Was known and watched
*Intercepted vast amounts of information according to the article
*Was kept at arms length or on a leash (figuratively)
*Was goaded and/or prompted to act in a certain way, that being more radicalized, due to FBI involvement.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

My opinion is that regardless of locale, the FBI was heavily involved in this investigation and subsequent detainment. My understanding is that there already exists an entity within the armed forces for these types of investigation.

Key points being:
*Was known and watched
*Intercepted vast amounts of information according to the article
*Was kept at arms length or on a leash (figuratively)
*Was goaded and/or prompted to act in a certain way, that being more radicalized, due to FBI involvement.
In the Army, we had these guys, CID, Criminal Investigation Department/Command, who were undercover. Most of the time, I see them hanging around smoke shops, busting Soldiers buying Spice, goddamn Spice heads in the Military...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Well then, that explains spice girls then!

top topics

join