It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Do you know I have been reading alternative histories of the earth and humanity and it stated that humans at one point were plant like and didnt need to reproduce because we were immortal and couldnt die, then before they were flesh and bone and we reproduced by parthenogenesis as we were hemaphrodites and then when we became flesh and bone we separated into male and female.

Maybe this is some strange throw back to our ancient selves , I just had that thought , of course its just an idea !

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to: sapien82

I am an aboriginal person (ie My ancestors have been here long before Colonialism) Our traditional teachings have been around for a long time and have shown respect for people who are what modern society calls LGBT. Medicine people in our society are generally 'two spirited' people as then can offer healing to both genders.

www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca...

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
There were days when being gay was part of the catalogue for mental illnesses. They won the fight because it's actually natural behaviour.

It's definitely not "natural behavior". But, neither is it "mental illness."

It's "artificial behavior" in the same way that man flying in the air is artificial and not natural.

Just because something is "possible", doesn't make it "natural."

We humans are not restricted to "natural behaviors", we have creative imagination that can go way beyond things that are natural.

edit on 12-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Facts tend to hurt feelings.

It's still a mental illness, despite the pages of emotional appeals.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

And people like you are still A-holes despite thinking that you are right. You wanna go tit for tat, I've got all week.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Typical emotional response;

Yes, yes, me, the big bad asshole.

Well, you misread your own source.

So there is that.

Then there is the fact none of this affects me.

Have at it.

If I get bored I'll come through.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Typical emotional response;

Yes, yes, me, the big bad asshole.

Well, you misread your own source.

So there is that.

Then there is the fact none of this affects me.

Have at it.

If I get bored I'll come through.

Typical unoriginal response and the fact that it doesn't affect you yet here you are intentionally being inflammatory just for the sake of the feel's it gives you only proves the point that you're a petty, nasty little low brow troll. You get satisfaction out of thinking that you illicit an emotional response out of your intended target because it makes you feel joy in your shriveled blackened little heart. Well sugar it gives me pleasure to inform you that the only feeling you illicit in me is satisfaction via inviting me to break you down and expose you for what you are, an insignificant bitter little boy. Come at me bro, I'll have fun tearing you down all day just like you try to do to me.
edit on 12-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Nothing to tear down, I feel sorry for you.

I wouldn't wish your condition upon anyone.

Have great day.

oh but as for your threat;

PLEASE DO EXPOSE ME

edit on 12-7-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

and do you have any source material to back this claim or are you just going on personal opinion ?

thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Go read the OPs source.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Have great day.

PLEASE DO EXPOSE ME

You know what you are absolutely right about that because you are about as low as you can get and I don't really have to expose you, you do a pretty good job of that yourself. I bet you haven't been with a woman in years, perhaps it is sexual frustration that drives you to be so bitter and hateful. I mean that is just a guess but you speak like a pent up angry little man, I bet your short too probably like 5'6" but hey I admit I'm just guessing. It's interesting that you idolize "One punch man" but I bet that it is not because you liken yourself a superhero but rather wish you had that kind of power because then maybe in real life you wouldn't be bullied the way you are. I bet you belittle and mock people online because it is the only place where you feel like you have power over others and control over your own life.
edit on 12-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

hahahahaha

Oh god I set yo ass on fire hahaha

You do realize you misrepresented the data in your source right?

and now I get this hahahaha.

#s hilarious please continue!

ps: hahahahahahahahahahhahahaa omg my poor feelings

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Have great day.

PLEASE DO EXPOSE ME

You know what you are absolutely right about that because you are about as low as you can get and I don't really have to expose you, you do a pretty good job of that yourself. I bet you haven't been with a woman in years, perhaps it is sexual frustration that drives you to be so bitter and hateful. I mean that is just a guess but you speak like a pent up angry little man, I bet your short too probably like 5'6" but hey I admit I'm just guessing. It's interesting that you idolize "One punch man" but I bet that it is not because you liken yourself a superhero but rather wish you had that kind of power because then maybe in real life you wouldn't be bullied the way you are. I bet you belittle and mock people online because it is the only place where you feel like you have power over others and control over your own life.

Projecting much ? 🙄

So as not to be deleted for off topic post , I feel transgender issues are deeply rooted in psychological and emotional input from exterior forces, and that can even happen in the womb.
edit on 12-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Funny fact...one dress like a clown they will be called a clown, one dresses like a hooker, you will be called a hooker.

It funny how this transgender issue seriously as big as the presidential election. All the while, tptb, an Israel screwing every buthole on this planet. When they are done, we might as well just call ourselves gay, because...

They are #ING US!
edit on 12-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Here I was thinking you were looking for a discussion on the op instead of going after other members because you had to react to their words.

Many cultures say that inner peace comes from being able to consciously choose not to let others control your emotional respones to the actions of others.

If you wish to discuss a subject here or anywhere else in the world and especially if you want to get people to listen to your ideas and those you support it's best just to stick to the topic at hand rather than direct your energy in response to others who seek to provide nothing but their opinion rather than fact.

This is something I have learned over time , dont react emotionally to the words of others if at first they seem inflammatory , it has taken me a long time to practice this however its achievable and I simply say "so be it" accept it and continue on with the discussion.

I'd still like to hear your thoughts on my questions I asked you , this is a field of human behaviour and society that interests me, because of its nature and how it contrasts with biological nature.

I studied environmental toxicology at university and one of the years modules in 2nd year was physiotoxicology and that is where I learned about birth defects and other abnormalities in human fetus , we also learned about the Mesonephric duct or Wolffian duct and I wonder if this is something to do with this organ but the way it interacts with hormones in the development of the fetus.

I learned also about hemaphroditism and how children who are born female then grow into puberty and then develop male genitalia and many other symptoms. The fact was that these defects were mostly caused by various chemical factors within the pregnant mother during fetal development. What I'm wondering is , this could be some environmental thing which we just dont know about yet. Where in the case of transgenderism it only affects the body in a mental capacity as opposed to the physical capacity as seen in the cases I mentioned.
What if this is some form of environmental disaster which has been covered up and it affects people mentally.

I'd appreciate any good studies on the origins of transgenderism if there are any studies ?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Have great day.

PLEASE DO EXPOSE ME

Projecting much ? 🙄

So as not to be deleted for off topic post , I feel transgender issues are deeply rooted in psychological and emotional input from exterior forces, and that can even happen in the womb.

The only thing that I am projecting is my confident assertion that that particular member is a low brow dog turd in my humble opinion of course which is protected by my first amendment right to free speech. Calling me mentally Ill, man in a dress or any variation thereof will illicit the same lewd inflammatory response from me. I have I lashed out at you personally or have we conversed civilly, see the difference. You get what you give.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Not really, I said that your source was wrong and that is indeed still a mental illness, and you hilariously flew off the handle.

It only took 1 post.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's hard for me to get in the mood to be informative and classy while there are knuckle dragging troglodytes in the thread flinging there poo, call them a distraction if you will. Oh and I answered your question in the very same post you reference in that at the age of 4 I specifically remember knowing that my external plumbing was wrong even at that young age. Go back and read it again and you will see where I say this.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not really, I said that your source was wrong and that is indeed still a mental illness, and you hilariously flew off the handle.

It only took 1 post.

Yes but you conveniently omit the part where I acknowledge that very mistake a page or so back. You are failing to see the point that "my flying off the handle" is a direct result of your d-baggery. You call me mentally ill to my face (which I find offensive) then I will feel compelled to inform you that in my opinion you are a d-bag pos. Get what you give bruh!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yeh it seems its officially classified as a mental disorder by WHO CID but it also appears the authors of the study (not sure who im guessing the Lancet Psychiatry it doesnt look like the source study is even linked ? ) want the revision of that categorisation.

The authors of the study argue that being transgender might be better classified as a condition related to sexual health, in the next edition of the WHO's ICD.

and

Now, a new study published Tuesday in the journal The Lancet Psychiatry adds nuance to the topic, finding that the social rejection and violence that many transgender people experience appears to be the primary source of their mental distress, as opposed to the distress being solely the result of being transgender.

Appears to be the Primary source of their mental distress , so that would suggest to me that whilst its not the primary source , being transgender in of itself is apparently still a source of distress , unless Ive read that wrong.

I would like to see the source from WHO CID as to how they have arrived at this classification , Im thinking it will be based upon psychiatric evaluations , has anyone done any phsyical assessments of transgender populations to deteremine if they differ physically from males or females born without this condition.

I mean I know this is an issue of importance to many humans worldwide but it doesnt seem to get the same medical research support that other conditons do due to its social acceptance as being wrong or abnormal and to me suffering is suffering andd we could do something about it

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join