It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: Sheye

Transgender women who look very hot and let men pick them up thinking they are totally female when in reality they still have a penis. That is mean and has really screwed with some mens heads and hearts.

I agree that disclosure should be done well before getting intimate, like on the first date or sooner. I can't tell you how many times a guy has hit on me through one of my dating profile's then when we start actually conversing about 4 or 5 exchanges in they ask "do you have a penis?" or "are you a woman?" This is funny because it is clearly stated in any of my profiles bio's that I am Transgender and when I inform them that yes I am Trans they get all butt hurt like it's my fault they found me attractive. I'm like bruh maybe if you actually read my profile instead of just looking at my pics you might have already knew that. Like excuse the hell out of me for having good bone structure and soft features.

You wanna transgender as an adult... fine.. but don't play head games with people and be dishonest cause that could get you killed by some dude who doesn't liked getting f***** over that way. This happens often from what I've heard.

The majority of us understand this all too well and are sure to be open and upfront from the very beginning. We're not these evil practical jokers trying to sucker men for our own amusement. Oh and I wouldn't be into a dude if he was into "getting effed over that way"

Happy to read you are so upfront... though I have witnessed differently and been told a few sad stories.

Good on you for being totally honest .

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: AMPTAH

How can you say someone is born with the wrong brain wiring for the chromosomes and body they have, but also claim they do not have a mental disorder?!?!

Isn't that an oxymoron...

Obviously if all their wiring went correctly, they would have the right brain for their bodies..

I'm 100% pro people doing anything that isn't hurting some one else.. period.. go to whatever bathroom, marry whoever..

But you don't get to claim being transgender is genetic or biological and thus "not a choice" and still say there is no disorder present.

No. Look. We humans aren't born with wings. Nature or God didn't design us to fly.

Yet, we fly.

We hop in an aeroplane and fly all around the planet like the birds do.

We've gone "beyond our body design."

It's the same with sex.

Our body has a specific design, but our minds aren't tied to that body design. We can do other things, than what our body was designed for.

The desire to do things that the body wasn't designed for, is not a "mental problem."

It's a "social problem", because the forces that cause all these deviations are coming from the society.

People are telling other people that they must be gay, or transgender, or whatever. We make up these terms. Then, once we have "words" that "name" things, we think we understand. But, it's all "creative invention". Comes right out of our mind. Someone creates the word "gay", then another individual thinks, yes, I'm going to join that group of "gays". It's not their own independent individual decision, they are influenced to "become" one of these classifications society has "invented."

It's not coming from inside anybody. All the forces come from outside, and are accepted, internalized, and adopted by individuals, to whom these deviations appeal.

The cause of any individual adopting one of these "patterns" of lifestyle, is dis-function in the society.

Take the man who has fallen in love with his sex doll. He says he no longer wants to have relations with "humans", he finds the "doll" more comforting. That's a social problem. If he looks at a girl, she might scream harassment, so he feels uncomfortable showing his interest in girls, and turns to the doll instead, and the doll always accepts his advances.

So, its the society that is creating the conditions for the deviations of sexual behavior. Influence comes from the environment, not from a malignant brain.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: birdonwire

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: birdonwire

And you are neglecting the influence of genes but hey, it's easier to be an ignorant ranting bigot when you can ignorantly proclaim that your version is teuth deputy it not being the case. Care to provide a citation for your special ed meme?

Haha, I expected no less. To be called an ignorant ranting bigot, and then be asked for a citation?
So what you are saying, is hey, you might be right, show me the proof, but even if you are right, you're just an ignorant ranting bigot.
Well, you are a rabid fanatical promoter of an agenda that is harming children and add to that you seem not to understand biology or genetics.
No worries, us deplorables will always step up and help those less fortunates that couldn't afford a proper education.
Here ya go:

Link

No, I was only saying that a meme doesn't mean a damned thing and was curious what your source was. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not promoting anything that harms children. That's a logical fallacy at best, libel at worst.

I understand biology and genetics just fine. Better than you because your citation, as I suspected, doesn't actually prove you point. Big surprise there. In fact, the numbers cited in your actual citation match the numbers of people who are legitimately born intersexed. That means they don't suffer from a mental illness for knowing they were born into the wrong body. Depending on the source, between .2 and .5% of the total population in America self identifies as transgendered. They lines up with the numbers in your meme. So instead of insulting my education, perhaps you should
Brush up on reading comprehension.

My citation appears to have similar figures as yours-

Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births
Klinefelter (XXY) one in 1,000 births
Androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 13,000 births
Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 130,000 births
Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia one in 13,000 births
Late onset adrenal hyperplasia one in 66 individuals
Vaginal agenesis one in 6,000 births
Ovotestes one in 83,000 births
Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause) one in 110,000 births
Iatrogenic (caused by medical treatment, for instance progestin administered to pregnant mother) no estimate
5 alpha reductase deficiency no estimate
Mixed gonadal dysgenesis no estimate
Complete gonadal dysgenesis one in 150,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft) one in 2,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis) one in 770 births
Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or female one in 100 births
Total number of people receiving surgery to “normalize” genital appearance one or two in 1,000 births
1 Dreger, Alice Domurat. 1998. Ambiguous Sex—or Ambivalent Medicine? Ethical Issues in the Treatment of Intersexuality. Hastings Center Report, 28, 3: 24-35.

2 Blackless, Melanie, Anthony Charuvastra, Amanda Derryck, Anne Fausto-Sterling, Karl Lauzanne, and Ellen Lee. 2000. How sexually dimorphic are we? Review and synthesis. American Journal of Human Biology 12:151-166.

www.isna.org...

www.livescience.com...

mobile.nytimes.com...://r.search.yahoo.com/_y lt=A0LEV0NKjmVZGfwAaehx.9w4;_ylu=X3o'___'E0NHUxb3AyBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM5BHZ0aWQDVUkyRkJUM18xBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1499856586/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww. nytimes.com%2f2015%2f06%2f09%2fupshot%2fthe-search-for-the-best-estimate-of-the-transgender-population.html/RK=1/RS=zXhaNKym9V._Drw.PwNJUZdcFtc-

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.ovc.gov...

The bottom line is that not everyone is born XX and XY as has been the rallying cry of the ilk throughout this thread. Now your citation shows something quite different from your claim and actually supports what I have been saying repeatedly throughout this thread, that in addition to variations in chromosomes, there are a slew of genetic and epigenetic factors in play in regards to gene expression and how the same genes express differently on different people. Your own citation eliminates your argument that these people are suffering from mental illness and there is only XX and XY as you claimed. Noting like moving the goal posts and trying to make me look like the bad guy because your an ignorant person using that ignorance to justify your bigotry to a fraction of a percentile point of our population while claiming I'm in favor of harming children. The entire premise is a joke.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It does happen. When I was in college there was a TG girl at my school. She got off on trying to fool guys, perform certain acts with them and then spring the truth on them as if it was funny. She actually fooled a friend of mine and by the time he realized what was up, he was genuinely in love with her and he chose to stay with her. They ended up together for nearly a year but his family wasn't nearly as understanding as he was and the denied his existence after that. It was a pretty sad scenario all around and I found the girls actions deplorable. She tried her game with me at one point but I was already aware of who she was so I turned the tables and led her on get a couple of weeks. Not my proudest moment but she actually laughed and thought that it was funny that she got nabbed at her own game for once. I wouldn't do something like that again. It was 20 years ago, I was immature and thought that she should
Have a taste of her own medicine. Not my proudest moment for sure.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births

1 person per 1666 according to the numbers you quoted.

0.06 percent is it not?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I look at "girls" with very strong jaw lines a lot differently now...thank you.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I look at "girls" with very strong jaw lines a lot differently now...thank you.

Nice attitude you got there.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just read the OPs article, it doesn't say anything about the cause of transgenderism. Did I miss something?

It's talking about additional mental issues that transgenders experience, and the causes of those additional issues. It's not talking about the cause of transgenderism.

What kind of mental gymnastics had to take place for the writer to jump to such a misleading title?
edit on 11-7-2017 by BinarySoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yea....that is why such things have been recorded for all of history.. because it's a society problem not a human problem..

The brain is not some intangible thing.. the brain is a series of neurons and such that create a biological computer..

Anything your not consciously choosing, you were wired for..

You taking about it like the body and mind are separate beings.. they are not. Your mind is part of you body...

So if you are born with a female mind, in a male body, by definition it is a disorder.

I do wonder if being gay isn't population control .. the more humans in one place and our DNA thinks we will out eat our surroundings and starts flipping the gay switch.

That said we haven't evolved to fully adapt to agriculture let alone evolution making many changes since the Industrial Age.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
so let me get this straight. The study says its not a mental disorder but then goes on with a laundry list of traumatic experiences that usually drive someone to be transgender in of which all of those listed traumatic experiences would make someone have a mental disorder. So which one is it? This is liberal trickery at it's finest.
edit on 11-7-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Let me get this straight. You have the inability to comprehend the OP and the study.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: birdonwire

Isn't autism a psychological disorder we enable??

Is some autistic kid wants to run around wearing a superman cape. Do we scorn them???

Or do we humor them and try to make their already tough life a little easier??

How is a psych disorder that makes you trans or gay any different??

Or an exact example..

If an autistic kid swears he is a girl, do we force him kicking and screaming to wear male clothes??

Do we poke him in the chest every morning and say ..

"Don't forget your really a man!!"

Or do we let the poor kid dress anyway he wants too??

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That's a new one. I'll give you that one.
Comparing transgender children with autistic children.
Imagine a transgender Rain Man.
An autistic transwoman who is good at cards.

edit on 7/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The study says nothing remotely like what that headline preposes...

from what I gleaned study is referring to AFTER you are trans..

That living as the opposite sex doesn't cause any ADDITIONAL mental disorders...

That any ADDITIONAL disorders are more likely to be caused by societial pressure..

It makes no assumptions as to the root cause(s)..

Which for the record I don't find shocking at all....

"If you are living a way they makes you happy.. your not likely to be mentally jacked up unless you have alot of people screwing with you..."

I think anyone with a brain could have guessed that's the case.
edit on 12-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

See any holes in the logic?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Talking about John Hopkin's study?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

See any holes in the logic?

Asking me if I see any holes without pointing them out.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

If your born that way, or if it is biological and thus not a chioce. Then by definition some brain wiring went wrong..

Well can we fix the brain wiring going wrong???

No.. we can't even diagnose it correctly half the time..

So what do we as society do to people (who are not a threat) with medical conditions we cannot treat??

Leavem the hell alone, maybe humor them a little.. your a jack@$$ if you smack around the autistic kid..

It just doesn't effect the cognitive and reasoning and centers.. in fact it effects something far deeper than the upper brain logic functions..

It effects the primal primative brain.. the sexual orientation and gender identity part that controlled the very basest drives like hunger..

... and i wouldn't hold your breath waiting till we get to figuring out the inner most recesses of the brain..
edit on 12-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The one from the op

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join