It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Luciferianism, Its ideology and Goals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Augustus, I don't believe in anything except the love of my wife. Believing is for utopists, I prefer it more rational...

Your points are obsolete, sorry buddy.

edit on 11-7-2017 by Argentbenign because: mobile

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
Your points are obsolete, sorry buddy.

My points are based on fact, see IAMTAT's post for corroboration.

Warning people about something you don't even believe in seems odd to say the least.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Oooh, this is going to be fun

saving for later after work

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: IAMTAT

Appreciated.

The ancient understanding is the essential one, both of Satan and Lucifer. However things changed throughout history... By the way that's why I pointed at the word "Modern" in the headline.
And just to mention for the few ones who might be still wondering, Lucifer and Satan are indeed only far cousins, nothing like the same thing...

Don't worry, he is splitting hairs, trust me when you say Lucifer it's mostly understood that Lucifer is the assigned name to the godhead of pure or ultimate evil.

Its nonsense to sit here and pick apart a great topic due to it's antiquated origins when the undersranding is there.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Don't worry, he is splitting hairs, trust me when you say Lucifer it's mostly understood that Lucifer is the assigned name to the godhead of pure or ultimate evil.

Understood by who? The superstitious? The ignorant?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

By people who enjoy engaging in this kind of conversation where we discuss ideas and don't feel it necessary to strictly enforce outdated dogmas and split hairs over every little detail otherwise known as pedantic.

Lucifer as an evil entity who is the embodiment of evil/darkness is a very well known mythology, there is no reason to sit here and pretend to be a scholar and split hairs with every single detail.

The idea behind the post is that there is a group of dark magicians operating behind the scenes of music weather or not Lucifer is the correct deity that represents this logic makes zero difference in the overall discussion of this topic.
edit on 12-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

By people who enjoy engaging in this kind of conversation where we discuss ideas and don't feel it necessary to strictly enforce outdated dogmas and split hairs over every little detail otherwise known as pedantic.

Right. People who operate with ignorance.

Lucifer as an evil entity who is the embodiment of evil/darkness is a very well known and broad generalization...

By people who haven't bothered to educate themselves on the subject, i.e., the ignorant.

The idea behind the post is that there is a group of dark magicians operating behind the scenes of music weather or not Lucifer is the correct deity that represents this logic makes zero difference in the overall discussion of this topic.

But let's just use that name because, like, you know, it's accurate and we just don't want to know any better. Fer sure.

Stay ignorant my friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Oh god forbid someone isn't a scholar in ancient mythology right?

What's that saying??

When you point a finger there's always two pointing back?

Anyway I'll be back later this is one of my favorite topics.

OP: Have you heard of FreemanTV?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Oh god forbid someone isn't a scholar in ancient mythology right?

The fact that you think the Lucifer myth is ancient is even more troubling.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Hey OP check out this vid by Freeman, he is an interesting cat with some really odd and some really good ideas.

Here he on a podcast I check out once in a while.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Brittanica

Lucifer, ( Latin: Lightbearer) Greek Phosphorus, or Eosphoros, in classical mythology, the morning star (i.e., the planet Venus at dawn); personified as a male figure bearing a torch, Lucifer had almost no legend, but in poetry he was often herald of the dawn. In Christian times Lucifer came to be regarded as the name of Satan before his fall. It was thus used by John Milton (1608–74) in Paradise Lost, and the idea underlies the proverbial phrase “as proud as Lucifer.”

Jewish Encylopedia

Septuagint translation of "Helel [read "Helal"] ben Shaḥar" (= "the brilliant one," "son of the morning"), name of the day, or morning, star, to whose mythical fate that of the King of Babylon is compared in the prophetic vision (Isa. xiv. 12-14).

Oh god... so ignorant... I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW DUMB I AM!!!!!

Meh. Try harder.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Oh god... so ignorant... I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW DUMB I AM!!!!!

Meh. Try harder.

You aren't too sharp if you think the Middle Ages are ancient.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Middle ages?

I guess you selectively edit information to fit your narrative while omitting the rest?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Yeah, no, I didn't read Lucifer's evil ways anywhere in that movie. Simple theme about a man-made drug expanding one's brain useage to the point of fiction. Seek and you shall find whatever you want to find.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The myth of Lucifer as Satan was not solidified until the Middle Ages, St. Jerome used a lower case description in the Latin Vulgate translation.

Even at the time of the Latin writer Augustine of Hippo (354–430), "Lucifer" had not yet become a common name for the Devil.

Some time later, the metaphor of the morning star that Isaiah 14:12 applied to a king of Babylon gave rise to the general use of the Latin word for "morning star", capitalized, as the original name of the devil before his fall from grace, linking Isaiah 14:12 with Luke 10:18 ("I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven") and interpreting the passage in Isaiah as an allegory of Satan's fall from heaven.) Source

So, no, not 'ancient'.

ETA: Since you obviously don't even know what the Middle Ages are here's a link for you. Read me, I explain what the Middle Ages are.

edit on 12-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Like I said, you are selectively editing the information to fit your narrative.

In your original claim (a few post above incase you forgot)

The fact that you think the Lucifer myth is ancient is even more troubling.

Which is obviously wrong.

Try Googling Helel and see what the first few pages are.

What you're doing here is playing some circular logic game, it's not going to work with me. You are wrong. Anyone who read our conversation can obviously see that and deduce for themselves.

And I'm going to leave this for anyone else who may potentially be interested in the Lucifer mythology aside from the information in my above post.

Bible Gateway

Isaiah 14:12-17New King James Version (NKJV)

The Fall of Lucifer
12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer,[a] son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.
16 “Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,
17 Who made the world as a wilderness
And destroyed its cities,
Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

edit on 12-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You are so out of your league it's not even funny.

Your opinion is irrelevant, the facts are not. Try reading, it may help you.

edit on 12-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Which is obviously wrong.

The myth of Lucifer as Satan is from the Middle Ages. St. Jerome's mistranslation was not capitalized.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join