It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure happened in 1976!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
on my search for Truth i have arrived at Robert Anton Wilson's book, cosmic trigger, which is about his communications from ETI's from Sirius, and about

8 pages in he says he opens up the paper to alien disclosure...

here is the excerpt from the book

Dr. Vallee has been concerned with UFOs since the early 1960s, when he saw two of the beasties. Over the years Vallee has broadened his investigations to include "psychic" experiences that relate in one way or another to the UFOs, such as my Sirius experiences. He believes that this whole area of other-wordly communications has been going on for centuries and will probably not turn out to be extraterrestrial. The extraterrestrial content of the experience these days, he says, is just an adaptation to 20th Century beliefs. The phenomenon took other and spookier forms, his data indicate, in other epochs.
This made perfect sense to me, since I had originally gotten in touch with "the entity" by means of Crowleyan occultism. The extraterrestrial explanation was not the real explanation, as I had thought; it was just the latest model for the Experience, as angels had been a model for it in the Middle Ages, or dead relatives speaking through mediums had been a model in the 19th century. Then, on Sunday, March 13, 1976, a dispatch from Reuters News Service appeared in newspapers around the world. I read it in the San Francisco Examiner-Chronicle and it was like opening a door in my own house and Fmding Ming the Merciless shooting it out with Flash Gordon. The dispatch concerned Robert K.G. Temple, a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society of England, a scientist of dignity and status, who was propounding a theory wild enough to come from the pages of von Daniken himself. Temple claimed that Earth had been visited by an advanced race from a planet in the system of the double star, Sirius, around 4500 B.C. Temple based this assertion on the fact that definite and specific knowledge of the Sirius system can be found in the mythology of the Babylonians, the Egyptians, and some surviving African tribes-knowledge which modern astronomy has only rediscovered with the fantastically delicate instruments of the last two decades.

so upon learning this i have marked my place and started looking for some indication that there was a disclosure of aliens in 1976 and i found this "suppressed" documentary
silentcircle.co.uk...
"Overlords of the UFO is a scientific suppressed and banned documentary from 1976. Much of this documentary features long lost photos of UFO’s and other evidence long taken out of the public main stream media. This documentary also discloses that the govt has all ready admitted to the existence of off world UFO’s, but that information has long been manipulated out of the public’s attention and eyes."

i haven't watched the video yet as i have just discovered these things, but i will watch and post my thoughts later...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

Interesting.

Someone should give Tom DeLonge a heads up.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

on further searching i discovered this "suppressed" documentary from 1976

i haven't watched the video yet, but will soon and post back my thoughts......

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thank gawd for "Crowleyan occultism"

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

gawd is awesome tetragrammaton. Never thought if it

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well that is around the time I witnessed a thingy.

It wasn't earth tech and yet, it was technical.

So we can take that chariot of gods, crowley entity thing with lots of salt.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Interesting.

Hey you give him a break! He just needs a liiiiiiiiittle more time, on top of the little more time he already asked for, on top of the 'behind schedule' announcement he has, on top of the "next 60 days" he told everybody four months ago.

He even used hashtags and everything to tell us how bigly it would be.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Interesting.

Hey you give him a break! He just needs a liiiiiiiiittle more time, on top of the little more time he already asked for, on top of the 'behind schedule' announcement he has, on top of the "next 60 days" he told everybody four months ago.

He even used hashtags and everything to tell us how bigly it would be.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would say it was 'disclosed' way before then. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some individuals are more receptive to knowledge than others.

Some accept knowledge, others are allergic to it and reject it vehemently.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Even since ....there have been sitting panels of astro-physicists, professors, government leaders, writers, military advisors...all have met (and can to viewed on YouTube,NASA and other video sites in many cases)...including governments all releasing their UFO files...and even heads of State like Canada, and astronauts...all stating disclosure.

But we will never get what all considers as such. The evidence has always been there...announcements have been made by well-known, powerful and believable people...and have gone ignored.

No one person or group speaks for, represents or will be believed by the whole world at the same time....

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The supposed disclosure is basically the work in this book

urbanartiphax.com...

and while he is described as a 'Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society', anyone how has paid the membership fee can call themselves that.

The work is conjecture based on slim evidence and is probably cashing in on the whole von Daniken thing. It does not amount to any kind of disclosure.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Research the "Secret Chiefs," an ambiguous title given to "them" throughout history. Sirius is also known as the "Dog Star," representing Anubis who eventually was replaced by Osiris. There is a wonderful and alluring "story" about the true function of the Great Pyramid [of Light], and the resurrection of Osiris, as the illuminate presents himself to be judged.

You also have these guys and the "church invisible."

When a star rises, not simultaneously with the sun (in which case the star would be invisible), but just so long before dawn as to appear for a few moments on the horizon before it is swallowed up in the growing light, it is said to rise "heliacally," and "the heliacal rising of Sothis" on the day of the summer solstice, or midsummer—an event which occurs every 1461 years (viz. four times 365¼)—was the epoch of the Egyptian secular cycle.

Sothis is a Greek name (Sah, in Egyptian) and the deity was used to personify the constellation Orion. The star in general, Sirius, is of great significance to the Egyptians and likely to you and I as well.

the Grand Orient, or position of that star when its rising forms the immediate harbinger of dawn on midsummer morning, was, as is well known, the great starting-point for the age-long cycles of the Egyptian reckoning.

Should we be expecting a visit soon?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Since the dawn of Humanity and perhaps even before people have thought or believed that they were intimate to other intelligence, intelligence that can use them or that is within them but not there body's, spirits or other dimensional symbiosis and this has been expressed time and again in may different ways by religion's and culture's the world throughout.

So given this is it really too much to speculate that we are not the only sentience on this planet and perhaps not even the most developed intelligence here, that aliens coming to communicate with us may have from time to time been intercepted by this other intelligence and sent away or otherwise faced action's to stop them, perhaps even the crash at Roswell could be linked to the action's of this other intelligence we usually refer to as Spirit or Soul and which for many cultures is the real person while the physical organism though A person is seen as merely a shell, an interface in the physical world (this dimension) for this higher form of life.

Our world may actually be in constant contact with other highly developed races throughout the universe but we are not the contact point for those races, our existence may be mostly off limit's to them and it may be that they too are not aware of any relationship or symbiosis between us and this other intelligence.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Since the dawn of Humanity and perhaps even before people have thought or believed that they were intimate to other intelligence, intelligence that can use them or that is within them but not there body's, spirits or other dimensional symbiosis and this has been expressed time and again in may different ways by religion's and culture's the world throughout.

So given this is it really too much to speculate that we are not the only sentience on this planet and perhaps not even the most developed intelligence here, that aliens coming to communicate with us may have from time to time been intercepted by this other intelligence and sent away or otherwise faced action's to stop them, perhaps even the crash at Roswell could be linked to the action's of this other intelligence we usually refer to as Spirit or Soul and which for many cultures is the real person while the physical organism though A person is seen as merely a shell, an interface in the physical world (this dimension) for this higher form of life.

Our world may actually be in constant contact with other highly developed races throughout the universe but we are not the contact point for those races, our existence may be mostly off limit's to them and it may be that they too are not aware of any relationship or symbiosis between us and this other intelligence.

That's truly an awesome statement.
It would also tie up plenty of what I call "loose ends" in this narrative of sightings and visitors.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"Disclosure" does not mean someone somewhere says they saw a "thingie" or someone speculates that aliens have visited the Earth. If THAT is "Disclosure" then von Daniken settled the issue years ago. We have any number of people who say they have seen, talked with, been abducted by, or otherwise interacted with aliens. Some of them are clearly nutcases. Some of them have misinterpreted what they saw. And some of them may actually have seen something they were convinced were aliens. But that is NOT "Disclosure."

"Disclosure" is when the governments of the world DISCLOSE what they know about aliens that they have covered up because TPTB are worried about mass panic and the possibility that such a Disclosure might undermine the governments themselves. The problem here is that we think we know a priori that the governments ARE, in fact, hiding this information, so if they "tell all they know" and it doesn't amount to much (which is logically possible,) all these people who believe they already know won't believe them anyway.

The fact that your Uncle Nes "saw summit when he was a fishin'" doesn't exactly advance the state of knowledge, and that's the kind of information OP has in his post.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

now thats a dank meme

edit on 4-7-2017 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What an interesting and a bit weird doco.

Thanks for posting it.

The video is worth the watch. May not be to everyone's liking...but some interesting "old" material in there. Not readily found online.
edit on 4-7-2017 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I quite enjoy some of RA Wilson's writings on the esoteric. It's his willingness to speculate and references to the arcane that make them enjoyable. Also writers I respect, like Greg Bishop, rate him highly.

I was blown away by the Sirius stuff when I read a Berlitz book as a young teenager. It was all there and so credible as to be a genuine goosebumps and wonder moment. I got older and started looking into it as a believer. The more I looked, the less convincing it became until there was nothing left to wonder about. IsaacKoi posted a fantastic thread about Temple's Sirius narrative that raised numerous doubts - Dogon Alien “Mystery” Demystified

Sirius hasn't lost its significance simply because Temple got carried away with his interpretations. It's a significant symbol in many ancient mythologies and belief systems. Nevertheless, I think Wilson took Temple's narrative at face value like I did and bolted it onto beliefs he already held. Not so much a hoax as a sincere trust in Temple's argument and a missed opportunity to check the facts himself.

This means the argument that Sirius is the source for UFOs is built on misunderstandings and flawed interpretations.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You made me start reading that...I never had fortitude for Koi's threads.

Anyway...but i got the point from the introduction. The..."debunk" is based on the idea...that...they must have gotten it from the Europeans...because it is in the realm of plausible...that the Dogon somehow...had contact with that knowledge prior to 1931.

That's why I'm not a fan of skepticsm...it proves nothing.

How about his...maybe the Dogon knew for centuries before that...and it's just blind coincidence that they were interviewed in 1930's to coincide with the recent Europen discoveries ?

I guess that too is plausible.

None the wiser in the end.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

'None the wiser in the end.' The beauty of this subject is in its endless uncertainty.

FWIW I share some of Vallee's views that are mentioned in the OP. Even though I don't care for what Temple and Wilson believe about Sirius, the idea of unknown phenomena is something I sometimes wonder about.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join