It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions for all and their free.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsukoYes.

Unless you missed your basic biology class, you know what the purpose of sex is, and it's not just because you want a cheap form of entertainment on a Friday or Saturday night. It's reproduction. No matter how much you try and try, there is no 100% fool-proof way of divorcing sex and reproduction

I am of the stance that early term abortion is a last ditch yet viable form of birth control. Personally I don't accept life as protected until there are some brain waves..potential, sure, but meh, that is just a enhanced version of "every sperm is sacred". I would like a foolproof way of birth control that was 100% effective (one day), but until then..we got what is on the table, and such measures might actually stop later term abortions where things become arguable to if it is a person yet (say the 3-5 month debate)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Free abortions should only be available to Democrats. And mandated that they all get themThat way in another thirty years all of them will have died off and not many will be left.

...you know people aren't like..born Democrats or Republicans, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
Free abortions should only be available to Democrats. And mandated that they all get themThat way in another thirty years all of them will have died off and not many will be left.

...you know people aren't like..born Democrats or Republicans, right?

I'm sure they are, I know whole families that follow political lines. A child or sibling can get blackballed for switching sides.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unless you missed your basic biology class, you know what the purpose of sex is, and it's not just because you want a cheap form of entertainment on a Friday or Saturday night.

I understand the "purpose" of eating too, but that doesn't stop me from eating BonBons when I feel like it. Eating's purpose is to sustain life, but it's also enjoyable. That's why people have invented all kinds of delicacies. Too much food, though, can be a bad thing for one's survival. The same with too many children, LOL.

There's more to sex than reproduction. If that wasn't so, the "Good Lord" wouldn't have invented puberty, ovulation and menopause. Sex is important for bonding, self esteem, teamwork, creativity and self expression....it's healthy for the body, mind and soul, when not abused.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

okay, I read the thing a couple of times, and maybe I am wrong, but I don't see where it's saying that all insurance companies have to cover free abortions... which wouldn't be free since it would just be one of the many benefits that people would get when they pay for an insurance policy...
you posted the link to it, did you read in it anywhere that says what fox is claiming it says???

at least the people in oregon won't have to worry about maternity care being taken out of their insurance policy because, well, why should a man have to have maternity care in their insurance anyways??

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I'm glad that someone appreciates it!
edit on 3-7-2017 by wheresthebody because: irony

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I guess maybe I'm wrong to a point..

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Perhaps I was somehow oblique in how I phrased my reply but I'm saying that the Fix article is pure BS. That how they
Are presenting the legislation is not accurate and that the closest to free you are getting is no chance pay on women's reproductive health for insurance the women are already paying for. I'm saying that while the OP focused on the abortion aspect of the legislation, it goes far beyond that and isn't a "free abortion" law and covers a whole wide range of women's reproductive health care, which in the long run will save the citizens of that state an as soon load F money over time because it includes preventative care and contraception that will greatly reduce the number of women who may find themselves in need of an abortion. I'm all in favor of the legislation and think the fox article is grossly misleading as to what the bill contains. Hence my posting the link to the actual legislation so that people could get the actual facts as opposed to the spin piece Fox put put. Hope that clears things up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join