It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions for all and their free.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oregon House Democrats Pass Bill Providing Free Abortions For All, Including Illegal Aliens

I do not have a dog in this fight. I could care less either way about pro-life or pro-choice.

My problem is it being free.

nation.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

It's not a done deal yet.

An Oregon bill requiring health insurers to provide their customers with free abortions — including illegal immigrants — has advanced to the state Senate after winning approval in the state House with no Republican votes.

Employers shouldn't be employing illegal aliens and how in the heck are insurers supposed to know whether or not their customers are here legally or not? They can't just pull coverage after finding the person that's been paying their premiums religiously isn't here legally.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The closest I have been to Oregon is about 45 minutes South romping through Giant trees on the coastal cliffs of California. I don't agree with it, but its not my state so whatever.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Why?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Why?

Because people should be punished for being irresponsible...

link   
a reply to: audubon

I would presume because those who don't agree with this barbaric practice don't want their tax dollars going to fund killing babies.

link   

We should have taxes based on individuals, if you vote for free stuff, then you should be in different tax bracket and taxed for it. The ones that did not vote for it, should not be taxed at all for it.

Why should my taxes pay for that?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Why?

Broken condom = being irresponsible now?

The ONE percent out of 99 that Birth control pills aren't effective is being IRRESPONSIBLE?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

I would presume because those who don't agree with this barbaric practice don't want their tax dollars going to fund killing babies.

Do YOU want to PAY $$$ for social programs for these unwanted children

No?

How about FUNDING better Sex Ed?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Its NEVER free....which means my taxes will go up AGAIN in Oregon. AND JOY abortions are handed out like candy on Halloween HOW ABOUT this............. free SEMI PERMANENT to PERMANENT birth control. I'd be MORE WILLING to PREVENT the problem then keep hoovering the problem out of uteruses.
edit on 3-7-2017 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2017 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

yeah well I've run into QUITE A FEW 1%ers THAT HAVE HAD FAILED BIRTH CONTROL -_- I call BS I had a semi perm birth control for 9 years and NOT ONCE id I have an oops......

oops's happen via operator error like waiting till the next day to take your bc cuz you were in line at starbucks or dutch bros trying to order your coffee

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Why?

Raising children is a punishment?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

We should have taxes based on individuals, if you vote for free stuff, then you should be in different tax bracket and taxed for it. The ones that did not vote for it, should not be taxed at all for it.

Why should my taxes pay for that?

Well, in the long run, it would work out cheaper than raising yet another adult whose mother didn't want them in the first place.

I mean, that's just a financial argument, since you clearly regard other people's lives as an economic inconvenience to your own.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote

yeah well I've run into QUITE A FEW 1%ers THAT HAVE HAD FAILED BIRTH CONTROL -_- I call BS I had a semi perm birth control for 9 years and NOT ONCE id I have an oops......

oops's happen via operator error like waiting till the next day to take your bc cuz you were in line at starbucks or dutch bros trying to order your coffee

Your PERSONAL, annecdotal experience ISNT representative of EVERYONE.
edit on 3-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm all for abortions, but not them being tax funded.

I shouldn't have to pay extra because the guy next door can't be bothered to clean up his mess.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

well if birth control is failing at an astonishing rate as I have seen then maybe the drug companies should be sued for false advertisement since most birth control is labeled to be 98-99% effective......I hear the my birth control failed excuse too much.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

Not to argue, but there is a new thing that men like to do, its called stealthy.(take condom off without women knowing).

I would imagine percentages for this would be really low so...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'm all for abortions, but not them being tax funded.

I shouldn't have to pay extra because the guy next door can't be bothered to clean up his mess.

All well and good, but what about the pregnant woman? If she can't afford a commercial abortion, how can she afford to raise a child? Why should she be forced to do so, when the biological father can just skip town?

If she really, desperately wants to terminate a pregnancy, lack of provision will drive a woman to risky DIY methods (risky as in sometimes fatal) or into the arms of a backstreet abortionist (again, a risky practice).

Are you willing to simply wash your hands of such fellow-humans, and walk away? Perhaps you are. Why should anyone else?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I can't see ANY guy wanting to impregnant a woman just because...I mean that's how you breed bitter child support cases....and I hate to say it but that's still no excuse for a woman to not have protection herself. when a woman say oh no you don't have to wear a rubber cuz I'm on birth control do men actually go for that? sorry but nah.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Stem cells for the masses, not just for Super foetus man.

How many issues are caused by unwanted births, children growing up abused or in the system? It is not like the world has a population issue? Well equitable resource provisions to the population issue, the rich squander and waste so much the poor have so little.......ah suffer this fair existance, slavery of the masses, survival not life. The right to life? What life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join