It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions for all and their free.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy
Oregon House Democrats Pass Bill Providing Free Abortions For All, Including Illegal Aliens

I do not have a dog in this fight. I could care less either way about pro-life or pro-choice.

My problem is it being free.

nation.foxnews.com...

How exactly is it free? The legislation simply removes copays and fees from insurance plans the cover women's reproductive health needs and aside from those covered by Medicaid, these women are paying for health insurance. I thought it was a tad dishonest that you honed in on the abortion aspect is f the bill and ignored all of the other things that the law would cover if it were to be signed into law. It covers a whole spectrum of birth control measures, voluntary sterilization and screening for STD's and cancers specific to women's reproductive health. Essentially, giving access to free screenings and birth control will in the long run, reduce the tax burden on Oregons citizens and reduce the number of women who would need access to abortions. And again, the only "free" part of this (aside from the small percentage covered by medicaid) is the removal of a copay. It's not actually free though if you are already paying for insurance.

For anyone interested in reading the bill itself instead of the highly biased article cited by the OP...
olis.leg.state.or.us...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

why can't women take preventative measures? is it so unheard of to take responsibility for your sexual health BEFORE a problem or is it just only after the problem happens.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I wouldn't presume if I were you as I DO donate to children's programs locally AND I work, for free, with autistic children.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

Maybe Planned Parenthood shouldn't be defunded then huh? No federal or state dollars were allowed to be used for abortions, those were private pay, doctor donated or private donation funded. Also, you could get free birth control or on a sliding scale... seems the best way to not have an abortion is to use birth control, since humans typically like sex and all.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

thank you for that link and sorry free sh@# just irritates me not to mention the lack of responsibility

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

why can't women take preventative measures? is it so unheard of to take responsibility for your sexual health BEFORE a problem or is it just only after the problem happens.

We all make mistakes, and accidents happen. Blanket disapproval achieves nothing. The problem will still be there, no matter how much anyone tuts and huffs about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
Its NEVER free....which means my taxes will go up AGAIN in Oregon. AND JOY abortions are handed out like candy on Halloween HOW ABOUT this............. free SEMI PERMANENT to PERMANENT birth control. I'd be MORE WILLING to PREVENT the problem then keep hoovering the problem out of uteruses.

While I wouldn't match your tone, I certainly agree with your solution.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: audubon
Why?

Because people should be punished for being irresponsible...

Broken condom = being irresponsible now?

The ONE percent out of 99 that Birth control pills aren't effective is being IRRESPONSIBLE?

Yes.

Unless you missed your basic biology class, you know what the purpose of sex is, and it's not just because you want a cheap form of entertainment on a Friday or Saturday night. It's reproduction. No matter how much you try and try, there is no 100% fool-proof way of divorcing sex and reproduction ... unless you're gay which may explain why progs like the gay lobby so much. Gays can have all the guilt-free sex they like ... well, except for STDs.

So, yeah, every time you get it on, there is a chance you're going to knock someone up, like or not, no matter how "careful" you are, and you really have to be dumber than a box of rocks to not know that.

It's like getting angry when you get struck by lightning because you went outside during a thunderstorm.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I got momentarily mad. not to mention the article wasn't stated clearly so it was extremely bias. it would have helped if they had included the bill like another poster included

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually there is a way and still be heterosexual..... women its called a bilateral salpingectomy

edit on 3-7-2017 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Skorpy

Maybe Planned Parenthood shouldn't be defunded then huh? No federal or state dollars were allowed to be used for abortions, those were private pay, doctor donated or private donation funded. Also, you could get free birth control or on a sliding scale... seems the best way to not have an abortion is to use birth control, since humans typically like sex and all.

No, PP just plays the shell game with it.

Look ... your tax money pays for these things, and then the money that would have paid for these things pays for abortion.

Of course, since it's well known that 1/3 of PP's profits come from abortions ... you have to wonder why they need federal funds, and I seriously doubt PP has been defunded at the state level in Oregon anymore than it has been yet at the Federal level.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

YES!

We should always and only have sex for procreation!

I'm sure that's what ALL of us GOOD people do!!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
YEEEHAAAAWWWWWWW.

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide
Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them doggies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Oregon House Democrats Pass Bill Providing Free Abortions For All, Including Illegal Aliens

I do not have a dog in this fight. I could care less either way about pro-life or pro-choice.

That would be awesome if completely true.

Waiting for more and confirmed info.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sure... alternative facts.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And their free what?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
And their free what?
Found the English teacher!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

Birth control failed me twice (2 different kinds) and I have the wonderful children to prove it.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sounds to me you're gonna pay one way or the other. either a aborted potential life, or 18 years of entitlements. Which one balances the books?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Free abortions should only be available to Democrats. And mandated that they all get themThat way in another thirty years all of them will have died off and not many will be left.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join