It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders’ Wife Tried Evicting Disabled Group Home Residents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There are such things as tenants rights and landlord obligations. I guess it all depends on local laws, what tenants lease was in place, and what landlord obligations were applicable. This blog is about buying a house with tenants in place. I would think any property with tenants would have similar laws.

www.findwell.com...

The sale of a home typically does not change the terms of tenant leases. You inherit all of the landlord obligations and terms of the lease, whether you like them or not.

Did the tenants have a current lease? I do not know.

As a buyer of such a property, you have two options to change the tenant lease terms. You can request that the seller renegotiate tenant leases with different terms, or you can do it yourself after closing.

Without looking at a copy of the sale, we have no idea what was agreed to between the seller and the buyer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They're investigating Burlington College and possible loan fraud ... not whether mean old Miz Sanders tossed somebodys grannies.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

They're investigating Burlington College and possible loan fraud ... not whether mean old Miz Sanders tossed somebodys grannies.

She was President of Burlington College, spearheaded and managed the project and negotiated the suspect loans.

Please tell me that you already knew this.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Further proof that both Democrats and Republicans are corrupt bastards/bitches.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Gargamel

My goodness Garg, I "got" that this is nothing more than yet another lame excuse for a liberal bashing thread PAGEs ago. What you and others can't seem to comprehend is that your silly garden variety right wing evangelizing is based on NOTHING.

This happened SIX years ago. The Diocese sold pits property to the College to raise money for its legal defense in kiddy-diddling.

You guys just want to go on and on about the same garbage arguments about the left and what you think you know about it ... but you're basing this whole thing on BS.

You're the second poster to state this this is not about what did or didn't happen, merely the rotted hay you want to make about your eternal right v left diatribe.

What is BS about her statement being called hypocritical. I get that you don't like hearing it and for some reason have a problem with people discussing it but the statement was made so people want to discuss it. Don't want to discuss it fine, there are plenty of other threads to waste your time with.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

She was President of Burlington College, spearheaded and managed the project and negotiated the suspect loans.

Please tell me that you already knew this.

And the school has gone bankrupt due to the crippling debt she incurred as the President of Burlington College. She is also known as one of Bernie's closest political advisers.
Burlington College Closes

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You don't understand what was going on here either I see. I understand - facts are optional for you guys these days.

Burlington College bought a large amount of property from the Diocese of Burlington in order to expand the campus and classrooms.

At some point in that process, Mrs Sanders was forced to state to the Diocese that they would have to move their facilities (including the housing for the "old ladies") as agreed.

That's ALL this much ballyhooed comment says.

Additionally, you don't even seem To know what you want to talk about ... is it the facts regarding a purchase 7 years ago ... or is it liberal bashing.

Figure that out and get back to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You know the answer to that ... stop trying to make this about me.

Now try again ... is the FBI investigating whether or not old ladies were "evicted" as you and others are trying to spin this six year old story? Or not?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You don't understand what was going on here either I see. I understand - facts are optional for you guys these days.

Burlington College bought a large amount of property from the Diocese of Burlington in order to expand the campus and classrooms.

At some point in that process, Mrs Sanders was forced to state to the Diocese that they would have to move their facilities (including the housing for the "old ladies") as agreed.

That's ALL this much ballyhooed comment says.

Additionally, you don't even seem To know what you want to talk about ... is it the facts regarding a purchase 7 years ago ... or is it liberal bashing.

Figure that out and get back to me.

Actually she didn't say anything about what the agreement was. She said:

“It is simply not fair to expect the College to continue to carry the burden of the expenses associated with housing both your population and ours until February 2012.”

Nothing about what was agreed to. Simply that it was unfair. Without access to the final agreement, we have no idea what was included in that agreement. What was the status of the tenants lease after the sale. We don't really know. Did they even have a lease? If they did, she would be required by law to honor it. If they didn't, she would have every right to evict.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You know the answer to that ... stop trying to make this about me.

Now try again ... is the FBI investigating whether or not old ladies were "evicted" as you and others are trying to spin this six year old story? Or not?

Get the story straight. The FBI is investigating because of fraud. Sanders overstated how much fundraising pledges she had on the loan application. That is what is being investigated.

The other part of the discussion is the hypocritical statement she made that Khaleesi just pointed out.

Also just so you know, the investigation just recently started and that is why it is back in the news, not due to some random liberal bashing.

Would YOU care to try again.....

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I have the story straight ... you however don't even seem to recognize when someone isn't talking to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

... and to whom did she say that?

In what context?

Here's what we do "know" ... Burlington College bought a considerable amount of land from the Diocese of Burlington.

Her comment that you're highlighting is directed to the DIOCESE, not to the "little old ladies."

You are correct in pointing out that there is ZERO information here about what actually happened, the context, the agreement, etc.

What we do know is that this phrase is being used to try to bash Mrs. Sanders, Mr. Sanders, and all "leftists" everywhere.

If you're on board with that ... you can just say so.

edit on 30-6-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I have the story straight ... you however don't even seem to recognize when someone isn't talking to you.

My bad, I thought you were under the impression that the investigation was about evicting the old ladies.

I don't feel the need to be addressed directly in order to offer my thoughts on an internet forum. Just wanted to make sure you realized that it looked like you had no idea what was going on in the investigation. Either way I hope you are up to speed now.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's my point. We don't really know enough to get context from any of this. We don't know what the agreement between the buyer and seller was so we can't make any judgement on this. She may have every right to evict the tenants ... or she may not. We don't know. People seem to be getting bent out of shape over this when they don't know enough about the actual details. I'm not going to make a judgement either way because the information is lacking detail. Those that are giving her grief don't have enough information to be honest. Same for those defending her.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join