It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you break up a relationship over this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: TruthJava
You're gonna leave him because of other people's crimes? No, you've been with him for 5 years, for a reason. Talk it out with him. Convince him to find some minor issue so you can kick them out. Report them to all your neighbours. Make sure EVERYONE knows the danger. But don't punish your boyfriend for their crimes. Once all of your neighbours are aware I think they'll help you two out.

There is no way in hell they know each other by coincidence. Likely they acted together in a network. Notice how they overcompensate by being extra nice? Trying to appear like they are hitting on you to avoid suspicion.

Thanks, yes, I am trying to figure out how to warn my neighbors so they don't see me. I plan to act like I'm stopping to talk to them as I walk each morning, or act like I'm going for a walk when they are home and out in the yard. Many kids around here.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

CRUSH HIS HEART
FEED ON HIS TEARS

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

dont take this the wrong way - but unless you are or appear to be 12 - then you are at very low risk from a pair of child molestors

That's what I always thought! And you are probably right! But I was reading last night that 50% of child molestors admit that they have raped adult women as well! I read that on a state government site for these issues.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

hmmmm....and you've been together for 5 years? Sounds like your boyfriend has lost a sense of caring towards you.
Maybe your gut instinct, as you titled your thread is telling you that your relationship needs to be re-evaluated.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
as someone who is completely insane or sane from my point of view

BURN IT ALL DOWN WITH THEM INSIDE

you could make it look like they did it and it went wrong ?
they have criminal records
you don't..

hell why not tell as many people as you can
that these two are molesters
see how quickly someone else might do the work for you

your BF doesn't mind being so close to human slime ?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Check out laws about outing a nonce in your area, and if you're allowed, scare them out of the property by posting posters around a few blocks near you stating who they are and what they did.

Notify the police you have nonces living near you and you fear for your own safety.

If there are schools near you or area's where kids congregate notify the police immediately, if a school is nearby contact the principal of that school and make them aware of it.

At the end of the day, you're going to leave your boyfriend of 5 years because 2 strangers moved in nearby who turned out to be child molesters?

I'd first try to chase them off the property by notifying the landlord of their offences, by posting their information on flyers onto every streetlight and noticeboard in a 3 block radius and notifying the police that they've moved near you.

If neither of those avenues work I'd have a serious discussion with my partner about moving area's.

And if he refuses to engage in discussion with you about it and you've tried all three steps then I'd move on my own.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Good idea. Try to smile and laugh like it's casual conversation, to not arouse suspicion. You can also alert the police because there are laws in most places that pedos are not allowed within a certain distance of families or schools.

I have never, ever heard that pedos targetted adult women, so i'm suspicious of your source. Many of them even lead double lives with completely normal consensual wives who are unaware. Pedos are typically very passive/non-violent - though keep in mind that pedos were raped as children, so their disorder can be co-morbid with psychopathy or personality disorders which cause them to be violent. But it seems rare. I don't honestly think you're in danger. But the neighbourhood kids certainly are!!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Your BF's manager didn't let him know of this?
I believe in most places in the US anyway sex offenders can't live in regular apartments(odd they'd be there) and if they do move in managers have to let you know and or if in a bigger place send around fliers.

And another question I have is this: exactly what are the odds that 2 guys, who both were child molestors, both in prison at the same time, and both moved into the same town, the same apartment place, almost a 3 weeks apart or so? Isn't that strange? does this mean something? or am I just so sick right now that my mind is playing tricks on me? Thanks in advance.

Tell him to contact the local city or county office about renting laws, etc.

edit on 28-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

He might not call them and if he does or not, I agree with you, doesn't sound like a respectful BF anyway. You should come first in safety.
edit on 28-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

That sounds insane!

I would move away, if you feel that your relationship has a chance, please talk about it seriously, no dear John letters..

But be warned.. Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, i had a good place to live, then i thought to myself, well it would be nice living a bit closer to the city... That was ten years ago, since then, i have moved every three to four months, because of unbearable neighbors.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

He cant kill them for no reason. He cant be your guardian angel.

You guys need to move. He needs to see that.

I would not break up a good relationship over this. Sounds like this is not the reason and you are already broken up in your mind.

edit on 6 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
TJ, I've raised three adult daughters and helped raised two adult granddaughters.

I'm going to tell you just like I would tell them.

If you are uncomfortable and / or your instincts are flashing danger then leave.
No American citizen should have to pack heat in their own home for fear of their neighbors.
I don't care about statistics or opinions, this is about you and only you, and if you were my child and felt threatened you would be moving.
You can work on the relationship once you find somewhere to have peace of mind.

Feel free to PM.

Buck

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It seems like these two knew each other and that is why they decided to room together.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You know in your heart. Leave. Now. Go to a friends until you can find a place. Forget the advice to talk to anyone, including the police, about what your plans are; cops will snitch and could accidently tell the molesters and then they will think you are after them-and they are criminals.

This is a bad situation with your boyfriend. He is not acting protective. After secretly and quietly moving out (do not share where you are going) it will be a time for some serious talks. Maybe with a therapist. You don't mention love-maybe this relationship has taken its course. This is a true test of where you both are feeling about each other.

Wishing you the best. Take care of yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
After reading the thread, it sounds like you're just looking for that last straw. Something he did/won't do, to use an excuse to leave. If you want out, go, but he can't control who moves in and unless you have plenty of money, finding a new place that quick is not easy.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
To all that tell her to drop the BF because he is not protective? WTF is wrong with you - what should this guy do? Just kick in the door of those two and shoot them in the face because his girlfriend could feel safer? Also you judge the 5 year boyfriend on two occasions that she told you where he "wasn´t protective" (the passsing out story I don´t understand anyway ...what did you expect him to do - carry you or call an ambulance or what? Usually cooling down out of the sun and then get back to your car should be absolutely ok imo...).

..this is so wierd. Instead of telling your boyfriend that you FEAR FOR YOUR LIVE and want to move you go online and ask complete strangers what they would do and even tosed in if you should end the relationship over it? oO

FFS ... sorry to say that but you sound to me as if you are only looking for confirmation to justify something you already decided to do anyway.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Whatever08152 because: typos

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Leave ASAP, why risk it....especially if you are already having doubts, and are pretty sure he isn't the one. if it was meant to be your BF will follow you sooner or later.

and look up info crime stats etc. when you are looking for a place to move to.

Good Luck...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And another question I have is this: exactly what are the odds that 2 guys, who both were child molestors, both in prison at the same time, and both moved into the same town, the same apartment place, almost a 3 weeks apart or so? Isn't that strange? does this mean something? or am I just so sick right now that my mind is playing tricks on me? Thanks in advance.

It's certainly strange...but still could be accidental. In any case...I would move if I were you.

I forgot to mention, I had kind of been considering leaving anyway (in the back of my mind), because I don't feel that he really treats me with enough repsect.

then the case is closed. This is what's important...the previous comment just adds to that.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatever08152

WTF is wrong with you - what should this guy do?

well...if you were living next to two convicted child molesters...MOVE.

A rather reasonable step one would think.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Good

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Whatever08152

WTF is wrong with you - what should this guy do?

well...if you were living next to two convicted child molesters...MOVE.

A rather reasonable step one would think.

Exactly, especially if the managers are not telling their tenants that they are renting to these people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join