It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do astronauts know about UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
So do astronauts have a public belief in UFOs and alien civilizations visiting the planet or are they just nutters?

NYPost

Cooper was one of the seven astronauts who took part in Project Mercury, the first American manned mission, which ran from 1958 until 1963.

“I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth,” he told the UN in 1984.

“We may first have to show them that we have learned how to resolve our problems by peaceful means rather than warfare, before we are accepted as fully qualified universal team members.

“Their acceptance will have tremendous possibilities of advancing our world in all areas.”

This sounds like it's not just something he randomly believes but maybe something he actually knows..

But he also reportedly saw a UFO in 1951.

“It looked like a saucer sitting at a 45-degree angle,” he said, according to the Daily Star.

“I didn’t have any cameras otherwise I would have shot some pictures.

“At that time — for whatever reason — it just took off climbing and just accelerated and disappeared.”

Do you know of any other good examples?

I know for a fact we are being visit due to my own experiences. By what or who is my only question and why is everyone keeping it a secret?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I believe there is something in the mammalian brain, that blocks these things out,

For example, when people read this post, it will create anger, and a desire to attack me, this is because of that block we have in our head.

Have a happy day Hu-Man.
edit on 26-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

“We may first have to show them that we have learned how to resolve our problems by peaceful means rather than warfare, before we are accepted as fully qualified universal team members.

Until then we are quarantined.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Kinda a crock of sh#t
considering everyday people
don't make the big decisions on how this planet is run
a minority wields the power on earth
but we all quarantined because of how they act
I don't see ET giving the majority everyday man a helping hand
why not talk and foster relationships with us
instead of going to our self appointed corrupt leaders ?
oh thats right give insane power hungry individuals more power and tech
make deals with them

ET
Your so full of Sh#t

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Most astronauts are pilots and have therefore seen things in the air and sky that their earth-raised perceptions cannot immediately identify, so most astronauts have probably got a few "UFO stories," none of which have to do with alien visitors. Most also have the scientific and technocratic background to believe that there are other life forms in the universe, some of which are probably "intelligent" and have "civilizations," whatever those words mean in the big picture.

O'Leary, who left the astronaut corps, is the only one who believes that extraterrestrials have been visiting us... and that seems to be more of a mystical intuition than based on his experience as an astronaut. (He never flew a mission.)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Maybe there is something like a Prime Directive

And also a practice of retarding a planets progress so they don't develop to the point that they leave the solar system.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Most astronauts are pilots and have therefore seen things in the air and sky that their earth-raised perceptions cannot immediately identify, so most astronauts have probably got a few "UFO stories," none of which have to do with alien visitors. Most also have the scientific and technocratic background to believe that there are other life forms in the universe, some of which are probably "intelligent" and have "civilizations," whatever those words mean in the big picture.

O'Leary, who left the astronaut corps, is the only one who believes that extraterrestrials have been visiting us... and that seems to be more of a mystical intuition than based on his experience as an astronaut. (He never flew a mission.)

There was also Edgar Mitchell, who was one of the 12 men who walked on the Moon.

But he, too, did not base hi belief in alien visitation on any specific "secrets" her learned from being an astronaut. He had said that his belief was only a personal feeling -- and was not directly related to being an astronaut.

Although I bet the two are tangentially related, in as much as that he had a pre-existing interest in all things space, and that probably led him to both his belief in alien visitation AND becoming an astronaut.

edit on 2017/6/26 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I recall one story about an Astronaut who claimed to have seen an alien climbing on the outside of one of the Apollo rockets??

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Astronauts are incredibly trained pilots
who are trusted with Billions (with a B) of dollars
of equipment.
We treat them as heros and trust everything they say .
Except when they see a UFO.
Then they become an exception, or a fringe loose cannon.
The number of astronauts that have been to space and reported sightings
is a pretty high percentage, and I'm quite sure
many have never said a word.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Except when they see a ufo?
You do know none of them claim that right?

There are people who think that astronauts have claimed that but in reality none have.
I've seen people claim it here and others who debunk those claims.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There are lots of stories. It's worth filtering out the most credible and trying to assess them.

My favorite is the story that Gordon Cooper saw a UFO on his Mercury-9 space mission in 1963.

On what basis should reasonable people believe that ever happened?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That's it--going from an American Hero to an Enemy Of The State by virtue of speaking the truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Reasonable people don't "believe" anything without evidence.

Reasonable people probably wouldn't believe that a well respected scientist/journalist/all round legend such as yourself spends any time on ATS discrediting Astronaut UFO tales either.... but here you are.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
When info is filtered to the mainstream media the noise level is always way to high to discern background noise from the actual message.

So what do honest astronauts know ?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

That's it--going from an American Hero to an Enemy Of The State by virtue of speaking the truth.

That is certainly an easy way to manufacture evidence for Alien visitation out of nothing...

i.e., all you need to say is "Astronauts must have seen something, but they can't or won't tell us", and there is no way for me to refute it.

edit on 26/6/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
When info is filtered to the mainstream media the noise level is always way to high to discern background noise from the actual message.

So what do honest astronauts know ?

Do we know any?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

originally posted by: JimOberg

Reasonable people don't "believe" anything without evidence.

Reasonable people probably wouldn't believe that a well respected scientist/journalist/all round legend such as yourself spends any time on ATS discrediting Astronaut UFO tales either.... but here you are.

"Deny Ignorance" is one of the guiding principles of ATS. If there is someone who has real world experience that brings first hand knowledge to ATS that helps cut through weeds of myths and hyperbole (myths and hyperbole that breed ignorance), then I for one welcome their experience and knowledge.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Astronauts are incredibly trained pilots who are trusted with Billions (with a B) of dollars of equipment.

You don't have to be a pilot to be an astronaut.

We treat them as heros and trust everything they say .

Who is we?

Sorry but I don't trust anyone I don't know personally and know quite well.

Except when they see a UFO. Then they become an exception, or a fringe loose cannon.

Why?

I don't see this occurring.

Yes I could understand if a pilot or astronaut see something unidentified and then claim its aliens visiting where they might be looked at differently but it depends on claim, where the incident happened and what not.

The number of astronauts that have been to space and reported sightings is a pretty high percentage, and I'm quite sure many have never said a word.

So if many have never said a word, how could you say the number of reports of astronauts seeing something unidentified is a pretty high percentage?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

ha... people at the top are seldom.

Astronaut talks about .... So what ! Maybe the most honest thing a Astronaut ever said were the cryptic words of Niels armstrong. But they remain I'm afraid cryptic forever. Those who want to see will see and understand even without the testimonies of Astronauts.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

If there is someone who has real world experience that brings first hand knowledge to ATS that helps cut through weeds of myths and hyperbole (myths and hyperbole that breed ignorance), then I for one welcome their experience and knowledge.

I wish for that but knowledge must be credible . And then again which credentials should we trust. A world class scientist ? A astronaut ? Ivanka trump ? It all starts with trust. The old ATS Many witness accounts of abductees now ridiculed. Ancient aliens now a freaky show. We all throw it away and follow the hype. Evidence is an abstract term. How to define absolute evidence , or proof. Everything on ATS eventually becomes a tug of war , an endless tug of war. UFO's 50 years later and what do we know ? What is considered the truth ? Well that's subjective. Even first hand knowledge doesn't help , because then sooner or later an ad hominem attack follows. Eventually the only conclusion is that humanity as a whole has choosen to 'Deny Ignorace' and breed more Myths.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join