It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do astronauts know about UFOs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Of course I'd like to know if there were NASA-only events, but I take the word of esteemed astronaut Gordon Cooper on his experience. Don't you?
edit on 18-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Again, Cooper was an astronaut and there is no disagreement about his sighting timeframes, so your point is?

I'll take your word you know of the others experiences or non experiences during the NASA timeframe. Is it possible you were out of the loop on UFO NASA information? You were a contract engineer for NASA and likely not in the loop on high level secrets. You'd be contributing to this thread then, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Of course I'd like to know if there were NASA-only events, but I take the word of esteemed astronaut Gordon Cooper on his experience. Don't you?

So in your view his report doesn't need verification?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'm leading into the challenge of whether you believe this story in his autobiography is worthy of non-verified credulity.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You were there as an engineer. Did those conversations happen or not? Surely, you'd be able to ask around. People would remember that I'm sure. I bet any astronaut was nervous about a launch and could be sensitive to any information be it psychic concerns or other engineer based concerns. Jim, place yourself at the end of a rocket and you may have reacted the same way.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

A highly skilled and trained pilot/astronaut…I'm inclined to believe he has something rather than nothing. You think he imagined his sighting?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

A highly skilled and trained pilot/astronaut…I'm inclined to believe he has something rather than nothing. You think he imagined his sighting?

It's not what you or I 'think' about his report, it's what diligent investigative work might reveal about it that corroborated it or contradicted it. Do you think that should have been done, or not?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You were there as an engineer. Did those conversations happen or not? Surely, you'd be able to ask around. ....

I'm not following. Which conversations?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Per your James Oberg.com link

James Oberg Site

“There could be trouble with the space shuttle”.
It was December 1978.
“What kind of trouble?” I asked her [Valerie Ransone] over the phone. Valerie
was at her office in Washington; I was at mine in California.
“Technical flaws,” she said. “Something to do with the heating or cooling system.
It’s pretty sketchy.”
The warning had come during one of her ‘transmissions’. She had no idea when
they would arrive -- the telepathic messages she believed were from an extraterrestrial source of intelligence. . . . She made a point always to document the details as soon as possible, usually typing up the complete messages.
... Four months after mentioning the vague possibility of a problem with the space shuttle, Valerie was in Los Angeles and came to my office. She was worried about new and more detailed information she had received. She showed me a single typewritten page of notes she’d made after receiving the transmission.
This time the warning was quite specific.
In terms worthy of any graduate engineering class, “serious technical faults” were outlined in detail, specifying what could happen during reentry to the system that provided cooling to the cabin and sensitive electronics. The source of the problem seemed to be the electromagnetic effects during space flight on the iron rods used in the cooling system.
At the top of the page was a detailed drawing of a tube of some type, showing its iron-rod center and a chamber that held a liquid substance.
“Who drew this?” I asked.
“I did,” Valerie said. “What is it?”
“I don’t know.”
“What does this all mean, Gordon?”
I didn’t have the faintest idea; neither, apparently, did she.

Are you painting Gordon Cooper out to be a nut job on your site?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

James Oberg Site

It was December 1978.
“Technical flaws,” she said. “Something to do with the heating or cooling system.
It’s pretty sketchy.”
they would arrive -- the telepathic messages she believed were from an extraterrestrial source of intelligence. . . . She made a point always to document the details as soon as possible, usually typing up the complete messages.
... Four months after mentioning the vague possibility of a problem with the space shuttle, Valerie was in Los Angeles and came to my office. She was worried about new and more detailed information she had received. She showed me a single typewritten page of notes she’d made after receiving the transmission.
In terms worthy of any graduate engineering class, “serious technical faults” were outlined in detail, specifying what could happen during reentry to the system that provided cooling to the cabin and sensitive electronics. The source of the problem seemed to be the electromagnetic effects during space flight on the iron rods used in the cooling system.
At the top of the page was a detailed drawing of a tube of some type, showing its iron-rod center and a chamber that held a liquid substance.
“I don’t know.”

This is from his own book. By your standards, we ought to believe it, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Cooper wrote in his book he had taken spy photos from space so sharp you could see automobile license plates. Every other photographic expert stated that was impossible. Why should anyone believe Cooper's story? Why do you?

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

James Oberg Site

It was December 1978.
It’s pretty sketchy.”
“I don’t know.”

Jim, tsk, tsk, tsk, what do you know of my standards of evaluation!?
Anyway, you were an engineer there. My comment still stands. You should be able to verify the conversations and if there was anything identified as wrong from the psychic suggestion from Valerie. Why are you evading the response from me?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Cooper wrote in his book he had taken spy photos from space so sharp you could see automobile license plates. Every other photographic expert stated that was impossible. Why should anyone believe Cooper's story? Why do you?

www.jamesoberg.com...

Explain why I should believe you over him? By your standards I should believe proof and, you sir, have offered none. Just derogatory retorts. Gordon had witnesses to one of his sightings at least. You can't even answer questions about the Valerie conversations passed along to the engineers.

Let's stay on topic, shall we. Present some evidence to support or deny the testimony the astronauts have offered as shown in the video.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

James Oberg Site

It was December 1978.
It’s pretty sketchy.”
“I don’t know.”

Jim, tsk, tsk, tsk, what do you know of my standards of evaluation!?
Anyway, you were an engineer there. My comment still stands. You should be able to verify the conversations and if there was anything identified as wrong from the psychic suggestion from Valerie. Why are you evading the response from me?

I checked with shuttle engineering managers including Max Faget, a neighbor and the guy who holds the patent on the space shuttle. Nobody could recall, or find any reference to, a problem associated with the shuttle even remotely resembling the one Cooper described.

Same with the photos -- it's not just a list of experts, it's basic physics. On a spacecraft moving 25,000 ft/sec with a shutter speed of 1/1000 of a second, the camera moves 25 feet while open. HOW could something only tenths of n inch across -- numbers on a license plate -- be resolvable?

These aren't cherry-picked one-offs, these are only two of dozens of stories Cooper was entertaining audiences with after he washed out of the Apollo program and lost the moon mission he expected to get. They were largely imaginary. How many more examples do you need to see?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

www.jamesoberg.com...

Explain why I should believe you over him? By your standards I should believe proof and, you sir, have offered none. Just derogatory retorts. Gordon had witnesses to one of his sightings at least. ....

Gordon had witnesses? Where's the evidence for that? He said he had witnesses, but where did these supposed witnesses say that what Cooper said was accurate?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Aside from Cooper's pre-NASA stories, are there ANY spaceflight encounters you think are credible evidence for extraordinary stimuli?

Are there any particular shuttle videos that defy explanation as local debris, you can point me to?

Any specific 'insider' astronaut leakers you can link me to?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Dr. Story Musgrave, ex NASA astronaut, had a few encounters with what he described as "space snakes", seen outside the Shuttle.

“On two of my missions, and I still don’t have an answer, I have seen a snake out there. Six, seven, eight feel long. It is rubbery because it has internal waves in it, and it follows you for a rather long period of time. The more you fly in space the more you see an incredible amount of things out there, and that sort of thing brings to you, really, a certainty that other living creatures are out there.”

Oddly enough, in other talks with the media, he would also say that he is sure that aliens exist, but are probably not visiting earth presently... Almost sounds like he was told to back off.

LInky: Creepiest things Astronauts have seen in Space

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Dr. Story Musgrave, ex NASA astronaut, had a few encounters with what he described as "space snakes", seen outside the Shuttle.

Oddly enough, in other talks with the media, he would also say that he is sure that aliens exist, but are probably not visiting earth presently... Almost sounds like he was told to back off

"Almost"... OR you misinterpreted his previous comments?

Here he explains in detail: www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Jim can you add to this thread or just bully the posters here? Do you have any other supporting links other than your own vanity website?

Just because you haven't had a UFO experience doesn't automatically negate others experiences. Plenty of exoplanets have been discovered, many suspected to be in the Goldilocks zone for life. Do you have a link to your site to dismiss that too?
edit on 19-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

These aren't cherry-picked one-offs, these are only two of dozens of stories Cooper was entertaining audiences with after he washed out of the Apollo program and lost the moon mission he expected to get. They were largely imaginary. How many more examples do you need to see?

Wow, you seem to know exactly why Gordon Cooper shared these stories. A washed up astronaut seeking attention!? You sir are the one seeking attention for your baseless arguments with no supporting evidence other than a link to your own vanity website where you cherry pick information to portray as a skeptic. I'm sad for you that you haven't had an experience as exciting as Gordon Cooper. Maybe you'd open your mind to the rest of life in the Universe then.

edit on 19-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join