It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pools of liquid mercury under the pyramids, not

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Many archaeologists around the world, are claiming that under the pyramids, there are rivers and pools of liquid mercury, i remember when i was a small child, i heard similar tales from some Chinese emperors tomb or whatever,

Amazing, is it not? I mean sure, why not? There are stranger things on this world than pools and rivers of liquid mercury.

But the strange thing is, why there is not a single picture to prove this? I have waited over twenty years for (SNIP) sake!

They are lying to you!

And please my good people, do not post videos and links of jibbadabba that does not show photos of the claimed findings.

But please, if you can prove to me, that they are not filthy liars and thieves, i am forever grateful to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I mean seriously, i can show you the hidden chambers of the queens chamber from Egypt, an enema syringe from the ancient Mayans, i can show you frigging Mars!

Why not this? Because it is a disgusting lie!

And it makes me wonder, what else is make believe? Mainstream archaeology is no better than fairy tales.
edit on 25-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The only "pyramids" that is said to have liquid mercury are the ones in China, because of high readings in the vicinity of the pyramid, never heard of any other pyramids to have liquid mercury so not exactly sure what you are complaining about.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

the newest lie is from Teotihuacan.

Frigging link to claims is not co-operating.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe that they have detected mercury in the tomb of the first emperor, who also just happened to think drinking mercury would make him immortal. Ancient people viewed mercury as having divine attributes.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Source.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Explain to us why this is significant and why you think this is a lie?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

Because they made the claim, but they did not prove it! It sounds amazing, and i want to see it!

I can not believe it if i do not, i have seen ufos and ghosts, with my own eyes, i need to see it, so i can believe it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Tried to post some links, do not know what is wrong with them, many universities and such are making the claims, and they have been going on for a long while.

First billion results in any search engine when typing, liquid mercury found under pyramid.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7
Why is it so hard to believe that they have detected mercury in the tomb of the first emperor, who also just happened to think drinking mercury would make him immortal. Ancient people viewed mercury as having divine attributes.

Prove it, if you can! that is my point, otherwise its all a bunch of bs, they are lying, end of story.

Interesting effect, i know that my op is lazy, because i have written it so many times in so many places, so i am tired, but i sense a hostility, like your minds are going on the defensive, i am not attacking you fine people, i am attacking against mainstream archaeology in general.

I wonder that will you lit up some torches, to defend them..

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well i see nothing wrong with this article.

Slowly working their way down the broad, dark and deep corridor beneath the pyramid, battling humidity and now obliged to wear protective gear against the dangers of mercury poisoning, Gómez and his team are meticulously exploring the three chambers.

SOURCE liquid-mercury-mexican-pyramid-teotihuacan

edit on 25-6-2017 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The only pyramid to ever have claimed to have pools of mercury is the first Chinese Emperor's pyramid.

If you claim that others have said that other pyramids also claimed this, you need to source it. Now.

As for the stories about the Chinese pyramid: that is what they were - stories.

However, during some excavation of the site (which only a very small portion of it has ever been uncovered) has shown very high concentration of mercury in the soil, leading archeologist to believe the stories may be true, or at least have some truth to it.

Now: you have links to other pyramids that you are claiming about? Or was this just a thread that should have been put in the Rant forum?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That is a good read indeed friend, but there are no pictures of the said discovery, and the people on that picture (could be from anywhere)

They have no protective gear on, well helmets but that does not help with mercury.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Source was given, thanks for that! check it out!

This just bugs me, and its so weird that not a single drop has been photographed.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Source.

www.ancient-origins.net...
www.newsweek.com...
The mercury has other ingredients they say are as yet unknown

The “large quantities” of the toxic liquid metal leads researchers to believe that an undiscovered ancient ritual chamber or even the tomb of a king could rest below the ruins of the ancient city that sits about 30 miles from Mexico City, reports Reuters.

No surprise there ar no pictures of the China tomb.

Philip Ball investigates claims that the burial chamber of China’s first emperor contains rivers of shimmering mercury

‘Mercury was used to fashion the hundred rivers, the Yellow river and the Yangtze river, and the seas in such a way that they flowed’. This idea that the main chamber contains a kind of microcosm of all of China (as it was then recognised) with rivers, lakes and seas of shimmering mercury had long seemed too fantastic for modern historians to grant it credence.

www.chemistryworld.com...

Anomalously high levels of mercury in the area of the tomb mound have been detected,[21] which gives credence to the Sima Qian's account that mercury was used to simulate waterways and the seas in the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor. However, some scholars believe that if the underground palace is excavated,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
The only pyramid to ever have claimed to have pools of mercury is the first Chinese Emperor's pyramid.

If you claim that others have said that other pyramids also claimed this, you need to source it. Now.

As for the stories about the Chinese pyramid: that is what they were - stories.

However, during some excavation of the site (which only a very small portion of it has ever been uncovered) has shown very high concentration of mercury in the soil, leading archeologist to believe the stories may be true, or at least have some truth to it.

Now: you have links to other pyramids that you are claiming about? Or was this just a thread that should have been put in the Rant forum?

Mexico’s National Institute of Anthropology and History, discovered traces of liquid mercury this year in three chambers under the early-third-century A.D. Feathered Serpent Pyramid in the ancient city of Teotihuacan. Gomez believes the mercury was part of a representation of the geography of the underworld, the mythological realm where the dead reside. The silvery liquid was probably used to depict lakes and rivers.

www.archaeology.org...

the liquid metal had no apparent practical purpose for ancient Mesoamericans. But it has been discovered at other sites. Rosemary Joyce, a professor of anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley, said that archaeologists have found mercury at three other sites around Central America.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 25-6-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The picture is old, i made two threads about this dig 2 years ago the pic is from there, more pics in threads below.

SOURCE

SOURCE 2

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Those tunnels looks awesome, but still far away from a lake or a river, and they specifically said just that.

They certainly are keeping me in suspense, like the other article said, i am convinced that this is about publicity and money.

And notice that they speak about how dangerous it is, yet we can not see any protective gear?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
By that logic any peer reviewed paper detailing mercury in ancient cultures, spectrography studies or historical accounts would be pointless because it sounds like you already made up your mind, as with them the burden of proof lies with those making the claim.

Dozens of experts who have made these claims and have provided archaeological, historical, and scientific evidence to support their claim. They were willing to stake their careers on this because they were confident they had sufficient evidence to back it.

I'm all for questioning history as its constantly being rewritten with new discoveries so I'm not trying to discourage you.
My question is why do you personally believe this to be a lie, what purpose does it serve?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There were either pools of water or underground rivers at one time under the pyramids from what I have read. Most of them are dried up. I guess the Pyramid on the bottom of a lake in Wisconsin or Minnisota or somewhere over there must have been on an underground aquifer and sank causing a lake to form above it or something.

Most holy sites were over underground running or sitting water for some reason, The Catholic Church would take over existing spots that were holy grounds and build their high steeple churches there. It has something to do with flow of energy from the earth to the atmosphere. Mountains also possessed these properties and water coming from the ground was a sign that one was near.

That evidence is out there in many writings. Cinnabar was a very valuable mineral those days, not for the mercury, but for the color. It had a red color to it formed by the mercury and other minerals in combination with sulfur. It was a very sought after chemistry in the old age because of it's red color. I heard the rumors about pools of mercury, but there was not any real evidence I found to back those rumors. It doesn't mean they were not there, only that I was not convinced this was real. You have to collect the methyl mercury evaporated from heated cinnabar and condense it to make mercury. I do not know if they had that knowledge back then. So I do not know if any of the mercury pools are true or not. This thread does not sway me either way either, but I have been in doubt that the rumors were true as to this.

Under the pyramids there is often a smaller old structure they were built over. They left it there for a reason when they built them. Maybe the old building was known to have some special properties they wanted to increase in strength or something. Maybe they destroyed the properties by putting the pyramid on top of them too, maybe it never worked anymore after the pyramids were built.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join