It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel strikes Syrian military near Golan Heights

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's also possible the particular officers who ordered the artillery be fired into Israel also saw themselves facing imminent defeat at the hands of attacking rebels or Al-Qaeda fighters. So they decided to try and take whomever they could down with them out of spite.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Totally reasonable, that they believe they could take on the combined might of the west.
That without investigation,given the choice between two sides, the bombs were dropped on Syrian forces.

edit on 25-6-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

From what Russian media is reporting Syria was engaged with ISIS forces near the border and the projectiles, on 2 separate occasions within a short amount of time, entered Israeli controlled territory. Russia is speculating the reason for Israelis response (and ignoring the explanations y the Syrian government) is based on Hezbollah's recent announcements they were forming a brigade to seize the Golan Heights from Israeli control.

Possible Reason Why Israel Struck Syrian Army Position in Golan Heights

Some reports suggest that recently the Israeli military is showing force to Syria due to the alleged plans of the Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba movement to create a brigade to liberate the Golan Heights from Israeli occupation.

The Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba movement, an Iraqi Shiite militia organization, has formed a brigade to liberate the Golan Heights from Israel, spokesman for the movement, Seyed Hashem Moussavi said earlier.

“After recent victories (in Syria), we have established the Golan Liberation Brigade," al-Moussavi said at a press conference, as quoted by the Tasnim News Agency.

He added, "If the Syrian government requests, we are ready to take actions to liberate Golan."

click link for entire article...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Totally reasonable, that they believe they could take on the combined might of the west.
That without investigation,given the choice between two sides, the bombs were dropped on Syrian forces.

The Syrian government already confirmed, twice, that the projectiles originated from Syrian government forces positions.

See post above for sputnik article.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

See, I figured there was a valid concern on Israel's part. Plus, given the history between Syria and Israel, and the fact that Assad has kept to a fairly steady peace in the past number of years, which is not acknowledged or desired by rebel or extremists forces, would keep Israel reactive and vigilant.

Makes perfect sense. And Syria admitting their fault in the incidents, while accepting the results of Israel's responses, further shows why Israel should be concerned who is in power at their borders.
Assad, while certainly no dear friend of Tel-Aviv, is at least willing to maintain the status quo with his neighbor. Like Mubarak when he was the ruler of Egypt. There was an actually peace treaty between the two nations until he was deposed.

I would keep my powder dry and my jets fueled if the uneasy but lasting stability of the past was completely uncertain.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'd prefer not to bore members with 30 articles from 30 different sources that contradict that claim.

just another day at the office, with illegal and unjustified bombing of Syria,Syrian forces.

edit on 26-6-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

as a result of Syria illegally firing military weapons into Israel.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As a result of weapons fired from Syria into Israel from a yet unknown source.

Israel blames the Syrian government for whatever violence is occurring upon its territory,so they are the default target if anything goes astray, or whenever Israel feels like it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
As a result of weapons fired from Syria into Israel from a yet unknown source.
Israel blames the Syrian government for whatever violence is occurring, so they are the default target.

Not unknown.. The Syrian government has taken responsibility for the stray rounds. Unless the Russian source is lying?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would say given the volume of information out there
if it was true, there would be more than one source to draw from.
just my honest opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you guys had read the public statements issued by the PM and DM it is very clear.
Anything that crosses over into Israeli territory will be met with a superior military response.
( Basically if somebody chunks a camel turd over the wire, they'll be shot at. ...... A lot
)
The Syrian government will be held solely responsible.

Buck

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

The doctrine of disproportionate response is certainly effective as long as it can be thoroughly adhered to. If the military lacks sufficient strength to continue scaling up their responses for long, at becomes a potentially lethal taunt instead.

No need to convince me that Israel is capable of doing so. It was just a general observation. Besides, no one truly doubts that Israel has the capability to initiate the Sampson option. Loudly.
edit on 26-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Israel Claims more shots fired into its territory
Syrian govt positions attacked again.
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

perhaps a more apprioriate title for the thread is

Israel Declares war on Syria

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Syria declares war on Israel would be more appropriate...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Not yet .

Bunyamin needs my permission as I am the Lawfull owner of Golan Heights.

edit on 27-6-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join