It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a rocket push against in space?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Maybe he is working on starting the Cult of the Rockets Don't Work.

Word is the witch burnings will be every other Sunday at 2PM followed by a flat Earth tour.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Wait til he gets into "Stars can't be seen from space" etc.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

They can't?
Sneaky bastards.
edit on 5/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was a thread about this a while back - about stars/the Sun etc not being visible in the vacuum of space or some such nonsense. Went on for ages.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I know.

On for ages, like the flat Earth ones.

But you have to admit, they all beat the hell out of political crap.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

True, much more entertaining. I miss the Moon landing hoax threads too.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

no it doesn't
\

not one person can prove rockets work in space without having to point at things like NASA space program and other fakery.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure if you annoy a rocket ship long enough it will find its way to another planet, laws of motion be damned

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

no it doesn't

not one person can prove rockets work in space without having to point at things like NASA space program and other fakery.

I don't know what you mean by this. What NASA "things" must we point at? Rockets that are able to work in the vacuum of space had been around before NASA existed.

By the way, do you doubt that ICBMs (nuclear missiles) are real? The initial burn phase of ICBMs continues to provide thrust to the missile while in the virtual vacuum of space, prior to warhead release and reentry.

edit on 2019/5/9 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I always thought we gave it bit of a kick up the bum, and when it went into space, creatures on the moon were pulling it towards them.

How did those creatures get there?
Well how did we get here?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Not just ICBM's - you can go back to WW2 to when rockets travelled through space:

Wiki: V2 Missile

But I suppose our friend will claim that was fake, too.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

no it doesn't

Well, the muppet that made that video certainly can't prove they don't work. He plainly has no clue about Newton's Third Law and neither do you. Just look at the comments on Youtube. Go back to school and learn something, or if you are still in school, try paying attention in class.

Is the Earth flat, by the way?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Me wonders if Nic may be that very muppet.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Just because government agencies say they have such things doesn’t mean it’s true
edit on 10-5-2019 by NicSign because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Just because government agencies say they have such things doesn’t mean it’s true

Is Elon Musk a "government agency"?

And what about V2's?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Is Elon Musk a "government agency"?

And what about V2's?

And not just Elon Musk and SpaceX. Other private companies who have launched rockets that work in the vacuum of space include Orbital Sciences Corp., Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Blue Origin, Virgin Galactic, and Sea-Launch Corporation.

There are also new players in the private launch services game such as Rocket Lab, Martime Launch Services, and Virgin Galactic subsidiary "LauncherOne" who each plan to provide satellite launch services within the next few years.

edit on 2019/5/10 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

They just make rockets and contract with nasa. Until there is a commercial flight to space that I can buy, space is not privatized.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

They just make rockets and contract with nasa. Until there is a commercial flight to space that I can buy, space is not privatized.

We could easily be looking at joy flights into space by the end of next decade, for the wealthy at least. Going to be so funny to see someone buy a flat earther a ticket and see how they explain it.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No. There are private companies who launch private satellites, or satellites for other countries, into space.

NASA is not involved.

Edit to add:
You can -- right now -- have a private launch service such as SpaceX or Orbital Sciences Corp launch your own personal satellite into space. Use a CubeSat if you want.

A CubeSat is cube roughly 10 cm on each side (4 inches) that can be launched for as little as $100,000. Several universities and other groups have had CubeSats launched for them.

edit on 2019/5/10 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

Simple and direct question to NicSign that has been asked but I don't believed answered.

What shape do you believe the Earth is?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join