It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are my images loading sideways?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

a reply to: mblahnikluver

You’re holding your camera sideways. Trying turning it 90° the other way.

You’re welcome.

NO I AM NOT! They were taken months ago on my iPhone. I know how to take a picture. They are not sideways anywhere I upload them BUT HERE.

Brah! It was a joke... You know, "funny" ha ha...?

Brah?? You mean Mblah? I'm female. Mblah is my nickname here.

Also jokes are lost on me in text format so is most sarcasm lol Online you can't tell. I can tell if I know the person and how they write but for the most post you never know.

Now I'll assume your joking in posts just don't call me brah, it makes me think of a brazier

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I agree weird things are happening.

I just made a post that half showed up BOLD for no reason.

I use chrome and win 8, never had this happen before, odd...

Turns out it was just something I quoted that was recognized as bold code. Fixed

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
my phone takes some pics that are right way up on everything, but when i upload them to fb, are sideways. pain in the bum, i have to rotate them manually. still have no idea why, but it sounds the same issue. oh but i use an android
curious problem that even upside down right way up owls just state WHO about.. O.o

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You’re holding your camera sideways. Trying turning it 90° the other way.

You’re welcome.

NO I AM NOT! They were taken months ago on my iPhone. I know how to take a picture. They are not sideways anywhere I upload them BUT HERE.

Brah! It was a joke... You know, "funny" ha ha...?

Brah?? You mean Mblah? I'm female. Mblah is my nickname here.

Also jokes are lost on me in text format so is most sarcasm lol Online you can't tell. I can tell if I know the person and how they write but for the most post you never know.

Now I'll assume your joking in posts just don't call me brah, it makes me think of a brazier

Thank you for the Father's Day scolding...

I went to college in Hawaii (UH at Manoa) and picked up some of the local lingo in those years. The term "brah" is pidgin for "bro'". I grew up in southern California. The term "dude" was commonly used for either gender and as an expression for just about everything else.

"Brah" is Hawaii's "dude".

Have a nice day.
edit on 18-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I don't like being called dude either, just ask my ex! No kidding I would rip him a new one every time he said it. People use it for slang and I'm not really a slang kinda gal.

I'm in FloriDuh and Bruh is used by the well how do I put this, less intelligent? So it makes me cringe when I hear or see it. No offense since it's something entirely different where you are. Here it's used by ignorant people along with terms like "bae" another cringe worthy term!

Fathers Day scolding? I don't care what day it is but you're welcome? I don't know what that has anything to do with the post.

Do you live in Hawaii now? I've always wanted to go there but one I'm afraid of flying and two it's expensive from where I live!

So if you say Brah I won't think brazier lol I'll think Hawaii now 😊

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Are they photos you took with your iPhone? I've had my photos rotate like that if I took the photo in landscape mode. iPhone used to have the rotate tool

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Was the chrome browser suggested instead of using safari?
I'm having trouble viewing this thread on my Apple drone-pad.

I'll switch over to chrome when I have issues, but then I just find it a pain and go back to safari
edit on 18-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
"Why are my images loading sideways"

My first thought was that you were lying down. Having thought about it it's probably something to do with the browser. I cannot upload anything using IE so have to revert to Chrome, which I dislike.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Are they photos you took with your iPhone? I've had my photos rotate like that if I took the photo in landscape mode. iPhone used to have the rotate tool

Yea I took them with an iPhone 6s Plus. I took them in normal format, no landscape. I can upload them anywhere and they load upright but on here they keep uploading side ways. I found a way around it which takes secs to do, make a collage!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Was the chrome browser suggested instead of using safari?
I'm having trouble viewing this thread on my Apple drone-pad.

I'll switch over to chrome when I have issues, but then I just find it a pain and go back to safari

I use Chrome on my Macbook because ATS doesn't even show the uploader on Safari, so annoying. It does on my iMac desktop though but I don't use that for anything other than photo storage and streaming.

I never had so many issues with the photo uploader. Yea i go back and forth too and it gets annoying.

The whole Mac/PC software/OS thing drives me slightly mad at times. LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

In a state down here, in a small place called Maroubra there is a surf gang (rather notorious) called the Bra Boys.

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life.

I imagine a bunch of bronzed fit Aussies, wearing bras, as they surf under the wild blue yonder on seas of green.

I prefer how native Kiwis say thing... "Ut's cool bro. Ut's just how we say thungs, aye!"

Bruh just screams "I've watched too many stoner movies" to me lol

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i'm also having this issue... and i'm loading the pictures from my surface tablet, through firefox. they're correctly oriented when i load them, and if i go to the direct ATS picture link, they're correct. but in threads and in my gallery, they're sideways. has anyone figured this issue out?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Did this ever get resolved? My images are sideways

top topics

<< 1   >>

join